• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Filppula41

Blues Sign Kariya

Rate this topic

Whew...Thank God he isn't coming here...Why the hell would he turn down Pittsburgh in favor of ******* St Louis? Did he forget what team Crosby/Malkin/Staal are on? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he just made a mistake with which team he meant to sign with...

Edited by WhiteLightning91

At least the Blues add a new face, rather than sign more former Blues. Who knows, if something were to happen to Legace, the Blues may entertain bringing Fuhr back into the NHL.

Guess he really isn't all that interested in winning a Cup..... ;)

p.s. will there be anyone left in Nashville?

Seriously. They have to sign some guys just so they can make the league minimum payroll.

St. Louis is going to be a contender. Nashville could still be a force, but I bet they won't be a serious contender for the title. St. Louis, on the other hand, could replace Nashville and could give us a run for the money. After all, we upgraded on defense, but lookikng back at last year, we still need a little more scoring. The games we played were pretty close, and the upgrade in defense keeps us in a few more games, the way I look at it. But we still need that extra oompf.

I like St. Louis, though, and Legace, so it'll be good to see them get back on their feet. Plus, St. Louis-Detroit games are always great.

Goes from one classeless fan base to another.

St. Louis is going to be a contender. Nashville could still be a force, but I bet they won't be a serious contender for the title. St. Louis, on the other hand, could replace Nashville and could give us a run for the money. After all, we upgraded on defense, but lookikng back at last year, we still need a little more scoring. The games we played were pretty close, and the upgrade in defense keeps us in a few more games, the way I look at it. But we still need that extra oompf.

I like St. Louis, though, and Legace, so it'll be good to see them get back on their feet. Plus, St. Louis-Detroit games are always great.

Not really. St. Louis was supposed to be a contender with Legace and Guerin and Dvorak and their whole "Blue Revolution" thing. Didn't happen. They're definately improved, and may even contend for the playoffs. But Stanley Cup contenders? No way.

Forsberg and Vishnevsky are the only other 2 "big name" free agents that remain in Nashville.

Poile knows he has to get some people signed to make payroll. It's been all over the papers down here.

As far as marquis players, there's Sullivan and Arnott left. I'm curious to see what the Preds do from here.

The funny thing is, if we were to start the season with the forwards we have right now, wed probably be better off than we were at the beginning of last year. We lost a lazy soft forward past his prime and added a gritty prospect "power" forward. I just hope we dont sign Kozlov.

If I were a Preds fan, I'd be furious. This scale of destroying a team is even worse than perennial underachievement like the Detroit Lions. I can't believe they just decimated their roster.

On the other side, I've been wanting Kariya to come to the Wings for years. It's sad that he never will, but I never expected him to come this year. Just would've been a cool addition.

The funny thing is, if we were to start the season with the forwards we have right now, wed probably be better off than we were at the beginning of last year. We lost a lazy soft forward past his prime and added a gritty prospect "power" forward. I just hope we dont sign Kozlov.

I forgot about the young guys. We may have the same roster, but those young guys are light years better than they were at the start of next season. They are no longer roster fillers, they are justifiable team members in their own right.

Edited by VM1138

Well, I have to say, I'm a Preds fan and I'm not that upset. I didn't go to see Kariya play. I honestly went to see who the Preds were playing. Was I happy he signed in Nashville in 2005? I guess. I'm not really a fan of his. Was I happier to see Arnott? Absolutely.

Would I rather have seen Tootoo join Hartnell in Philly instead of Kariya leaving? DEFINETELY.

It's no surprise. I think everyone in Tennessee expected some serious dismantling in the wake of all the talk about moving. Honestly, I would've been surprised if Kariya had re-signed even without all the drama surrounding the sale of the team.

The 2 that shocked me the most were Timmonen and Vokoun. I know that the team is trying to off-load some $$$, but I didn't agree with trading Tomas at all.

The Blues are back.....back in the playoffs where they belong. I've been at my computer since 11 a.m. and finally something happened more than 12 hours later.

Kariya, Tkachuk back, healthy McKee, Erik Johnson, and Andy Murray from the get-go. I'm excited already.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I’m kinda surprised Smyth would sign with a team in the same division as the oilers.

my sentiments exactly

The Blues are back.....back in the playoffs where they belong. I've been at my computer since 11 a.m. and finally something happened more than 12 hours later.

Kariya, Tkachuk back, healthy McKee, Erik Johnson, and Andy Murray from the get-go. I'm excited already.

Assuming that the young players, Backes, Boyes & Stempniak keep improving...and of course if we get good goaltending... the Blues should be a team to watch.

This team will be much better than last year.

Guest DetroitIan

HAHAHAHA! Man the preds are going downhill faster than gravity. Definetly a good signing for the Blues. We're still gonna kick their asses though. lol

HAHAHAHA! Man the preds are going downhill faster than gravity. Definetly a good signing for the Blues. We're still gonna kick their asses though. lol

Yeah...like last year.

Oh wait...

Guest DetroitIan

Yeah...like last year.

Oh wait...

Yeah like us making the playoffs every year since '90. And us going to the western conference finals. What round did the blues make it to?

Oh wait...

Its called not getting up for worthless opponents. All NHL teams do it here and there. Get what Im saying?