• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Hasek close to re-signing..

Rate this topic

Derek Meech is probably the 7th guy right now over Quincey... if I'm not mistaken, Meech would have to clear waivers to go to GR, and Quincey wouldn't.

Detroit's D will move the puck extremely well, but doesn't offer much of a physical edge.

That can be addressed at the deadline. Not adding a goal scoring forward will hurt us a lot more than not having a physical Dman.

Brad Stuart will probably get more than Hamrlik. Sutton wants 4M per. Sydor...I havent heard much, so it might be a possibility, but if you want any of those guys, you can pretty much say goodbye to Kozlov, Bert, Guerin, Zubrus, etc. Vishnevski made 1.55 last year and finished the year out as a healthy scratch with Nashville. Hed come cheap and he hits like a train. Hed be great as a #6/7.

the way these players are getting raises vishnevski would get at least 2.5 .........trade lilja for a pick and thats only -1.5 to our current budget we got

lidstrom visnevski

rafalski kronwall

lebda chelios

meech ( cant be waived)

split lidstrom and rafalski so we got one of the 2 on the ice at all times

sounds good to me

or we can trade meech for a pick and put lilja (im sure hed like that ) as the 7th d , and go -2 mill from our current budget left

keep meech and that leaves us with 6.5 mill . - 2.5 for hasek that leaves us with 4 million for a forward

the way these players are getting raises vishnevski would get at least 2.5 .........trade lilja for a pick and thats only -1.5 to our current budget we got

lidstrom visnevski

rafalski kronwall

lebda chelios

meech ( cant be waived)

split lidstrom and rafalski so we got one of the 2 on the ice at all times

sounds good to me

or we can trade meech for a pick and put lilja (im sure hed like that ) as the 7th d , and go -2 mill from our current budget left

keep meech and that leaves us with 6.5 mill . - 2.5 for hasek that leaves us with 4 million for a forward

Vishnevski might get 2.5. Hes not getting "at least 2.5" unless the team bidding is absolutley desperate. Theres a reason Anaheim traded him. Theres a reason a playoff bound team traded him at the deadline. Theres a reason why he was a healthy scratch on Nashville. Hes not a top four guy right now.

It really comes down to this...do you want top 6 forward or #3-4 defencemen. I personally would rather have the top 6 forward because we know lidstrom can make one of our scrubs (lebda) look like top 4 material when paired together.

It really comes down to this...do you want top 6 forward or #3-4 defencemen. I personally would rather have the top 6 forward because we know lidstrom can make one of our scrubs (lebda) look like top 4 material when paired together.

Lebda isn't a scrub.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Lebda isn't a scrub.

He's not a top 4 d-man either.

Lebda and Lilja are 5-6 guys right now, and though they show promise, they are our "Scrubs", and lidstrom can make them look better, and actually become better.

Id rather add another forward and roll with the D that we have...Quincy is a good call up if needed. The kid di well in the playoffs.

Lebda isn't a scrub.

:clap: If Kronvall is a top 4 defenseman then so is Lebda. I would prefer Zubrus over options like Sutton.

Also: I believe Sydor and Kozlov are picked up at this point.

The kid di well in the playoffs.

But he was paired with Chelios, and also did not join the rush or move in past the blueline, for the most part. You don't expect guys that were just called up to take any risks.

I'd like to see Bertuzzi back but it's not the end of the world if he signs elsewhere. He's a big risk and I don't blame Holland one bit for not wanting him long-term. Back injuries don't just go away, neither does that emotional baggage.

Guerin, Kozlov, and Zubrus are the guys I'd be looking at if something can't be worked out with Bertuzzi.

I agree with you on that it wouldn't be the end if we don't get Bert back. I like Guerin, Kozlov and Zubrus is kind of underrated if you ask me. I wouldn't mind seeing Shanny come back either. Screw Markov, we don't need him. We have Rafalski, Lidstrom, Chelios, Lilja, Lebda, Kronwall and Quincey, which is 7. Forwards we have Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Maltby, Draper, Cleary, Samuelsson, Filppula, Kopecky, Franzen and hopefully Hudler. This gives us 11. If a team wants to take a chance on Bertuzzi and give him a multi-year deal, let them. We can just get someone else.

Guest toolz19

No reason to push so hard for Bert. He was almost invisable during the playoffs. I understand him wanting a long term deal, he even understands the risk he carries, and wants to be garenteed some money over the next few years. But he has shown no reason why the Wings should commit.

Take a one year deal or go somewhere else. While he may still be capable of producing he is nowhere near the player he was 5 years ago. Seems like some people on here think we NEED him and we simply dont. I wouldn't mind seeing him have another shot. But if he wont take a 1 year deal......let him find a long term one elsewhere.

I think Kenny already learned his lesson with Krupp.

Edited by toolz19

No reason to push so hard for Bert. He was almost invisable during the playoffs. I understand him wanting a long term deal, he even understands the risk he carries, and wants to be garenteed some money over the next few years. But he has shown no reason why the Wings should commit.

Take a one year deal or go somewhere else. While he may still be capable of producing he is nowhere near the player he was 5 years ago. Seems like some people on here think we NEED him and we simply dont. I wouldn't mind seeing him have another shot. But if he wont take a 1 year deal......let him find a long term one elsewhere.

I think Kenny already learned his lesson with Krupp.

He was almost 'invisible' because he was battling three injuries at the same time. The guy was nowhere near healthy in the playoffs. Yet somehow he still showed his flashes of brilliance every now and then. When 100% he is one of the best. I know the Wings are worried about his back, but nobody knows about Todd's health better than himself and he says he's feeling great. They need to sign him and soon.

And yes we do need him. If he doesn't re-sign, we are a bunch of 'softies' again. At least with Bert we have someone who's willing to protect our star players. The man is a beast, and the Wings need him.

He was almost 'invisible' because he was battling three injuries at the same time. The guy was nowhere near healthy in the playoffs. Yet somehow he still showed his flashes of brilliance every now and then. When 100% he is one of the best. I know the Wings are worried about his back, but nobody knows about Todd's health better than himself and he says he's feeling great. They need to sign him and soon.

And yes we do need him. If he doesn't re-sign, we are a bunch of 'softies' again. At least with Bert we have someone who's willing to protect our star players. The man is a beast, and the Wings need him.

He not just any beast, he is a beast that will wear the WINGED WHEEL NEXT YEAR

I want him to stay here, and see what he can do, but he isnt currently the beast that he was.

I'd love for him to have a rebirth here though, make this home, and silence his critics.

Take a cheap 2 year deal Bert (With incentives), break your tail, , and show everyone that you are the best deal no one else would touch...then get some money on your next contract.

Please say good towards us

LIke i really think i am the only one who liked Bert even after the incident to Moore and thats one of the reasons Bert wants to stay here because noone has brought that up to him here. They pretended like it never happened and just took him in like family, as so my cuz would say lol.

Guest DetroitIan

I know Holland has some reservations because of Bert's back surgery and all. But I say if the guy is willing to take a paycut to stay with us, the least we could do is give him a 3 or 4 year deal. I really think Bert's back will hold up. And we'll be guarunteed another great player for several years to come. Disappointed will be a HUGE understatement for me, if we arent able to retain Big Bert. He is a key piece to the puzzle.

LIke i really think i am the only one who liked Bert even after the incident to Moore and thats one of the reasons Bert wants to stay here because noone has brought that up to him here. They pretended like it never happened and just took him in like family, as so my cuz would say lol.

:lol:

The walk was fun. We should be GM's. We would know what to do. Haha

I know Holland has some reservations because of Bert's back surgery and all. But I say if the guy is willing to take a paycut to stay with us, the least we could do is give him a 3 or 4 year deal. I really think Bert's back will hold up. And we'll be guarunteed another great player for several years to come. Disappointed will be a HUGE understatement for me, if we arent able to retain Big Bert. He is a key piece to the puzzle.

Absolutely agree. I feel bad because the guy is taking much less and really loves it here. He keeps saying he doesn't want to move, etc.. and yet he isn't signed yet. It's all up to Holland really. Bert can get a lot more out there on the market. Especially with the way things have been going. Yet he's willing to take less here and they aren't jumping on it. If he's not re-signed tomorrow then I'm going to be really mad.

The Moore incident was an accident that resulted from a punch, and it has been made into far too big of a deal.

3 years, 3 million... ID be happy with that. Add a few incentives for offense in there, and give the guy a stable home.

Guest toolz19

We obviously could use him, but we by no means NEED him. Ya he was injured through the playoffs but he was very far from showing flashes of brilliance. We must be realistic. Back injuries never go away %100, they just stay hidden, waiting to cause problems again down the road. While this may be 10 years from now it could be tomarrow. Krupp said he was fine too, and he played 30 games for the Wings over 4 years, at a mear 16 million. Bastard even manage to get his name on a cup in 02 with Detroit. It would be absolutly stupid for the Wings or anyone else to sign him long term, and Kenny obvioulsy understands this.

Plus he is nowhere near as physical as he was before the Moore hit. In my mind, the Moore hit actually wasnt even that bad. Ya it was a cheap shot. But the only reason Moore got hurt was the odd way he landed on his head when he went down, along with everyone landing on top of him. The fact is that incedent will always be in the back of his mind, and while he still may be physical, he will never be as physical a player as we was before the incident. The lingering thoughts of another day in court or more suspensions over a fluky hit will always be there.

Im not trying to sink anyones ship here, but the fact is long term is a HUGE risk and Kenny would be dum to do it. Kenny knows this and wiill not give him a multi year gaurentee. 1 year plus insentives, plus maybe a Wings option on a 2nd and 3rd is all he should be given. Nothing personal against him but this is a business.

People need to stop wanting to sign him because of the player he used to be. Hell Gordie Howe was the most complete all round player off all time, lets sign him to a big multi year deal too. OK a little extreme but you get the point.

While I dont doubt he still has the potential, and could make a difference, I 'm just being relistic, which many people are not. I hope he comes back but he will not score 46 goals or near 100 points. If he can show next year he is still worth it then bring him back, but till then he is not close to worth risking a multi year deal on. Period.

Anyway Bert best of luck to ya (hopefully here) , and here's to hopefully serving all the douters a nice big cup, a big shiny silver cup, of STFU.

:stanley: <<<<<<<<<<<<<Berts cup of STFU????