• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Where's Legionairre with the scoop?

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

So the Preds lose Kariya as well. But hey, they did sign Jed Ortmeyer!!!!

If there are still any positive Nashville fans then I applaud them. They're crazy insane but I still applaud them.

I'm curious to know what is going on in Pred country now that Kariya is out.

Reading the message board, it seems that everyone there was shocked that he signed with the Blues. But only a couple of gloom-and-doomers. Looks like they are thinking positive and realizing how much $$$ that frees up.

Reading the message board, it seems that everyone there was shocked that he signed with the Blues. But only a couple of gloom-and-doomers. Looks like they are thinking positive and realizing how much $$$ that frees up.

There is one thing that is possitive for them after everyone jumped ship.....they are going to have lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of money to spend on some good players......unfortuantely......alot of the GOOD players are gone, and i havent even heard nashvilles name in any rumors whatsoever. Im not sure as to what they are waiting for.......they have to make the leagues minimum payroll atleast, so they are going to have to sign some players....but are they just giving up right now and hoping for relocation next season? Im just not sure what their strategy is, or if they even have one?

OK, this frees up a lot of money, but at the same time they got rid of so many core players, that this is gonna be a completely different team next season. and I'm definitely not convinced this is gonna be a playoff picture team. they do have young core which is intact, but at the same time, they'll need to fetch some talent and make it develop chemistry pretty quick into the season.

too much shakeup with this team for my taste. maybe they'll survive the revolution, but I could also see them reaching dead bottom and going for 1st draft pick.

Nashville still has a fairly deep group of youngsters, right? I thought they had some decent players coming up through the ranks but I could be wrong.

Obviously next season won't be as competitive for the club, which is unfortunate given how much Nashville needs to see a successful hockey club and feel drawn to buy some tickets. Making the club less competitive seems like a poor choice overall if they want to stay in Nashville, no?

Yeah, Poile said that it is unlikely that they would get any big name free agents. He said the team is concetrated on getting a couple of role players. Although the Preds aren't as deep as they were last year, they stll have a dangerous team. They won't put down 110 points again, but they still have alot of talent, and they can very easily make a playoff run.

Wouldn't be shocked if they went after Shanny for a year or two.

edit--- And I can't stand this guy at all, but is it all over for big #88, I mean who's going to seriously consider giving that guy a shot?

Edited by bringback91

So the Preds lose Kariya as well. But hey, they did sign Jed Ortmeyer!!!!

If there are still any positive Nashville fans then I applaud them. They're crazy insane but I still applaud them.

I'm curious to know what is going on in Pred country now that Kariya is out.

Is there any greater fit than a player named Jed in Nashville?

Edited by Hank

Guest jaytan

I don't think they're trying to make a splash with free agency. They just want to save as much money as they can while making the cap minimum. If they can have a competitive product on the ice, that's a bonus.... But it's not their main objective.

...the problem is, they cannot sellout the arena. They aren't making any money, they needed to cut ties with the (potential) high dollar guys. They will have an inferior product on the ice that will coincide with their inferior fan base. (not knocking the large amount of good fans out there, but for the most part... yeah, inferior.)

...I'd give them a couple of later draft picks if they want to rid themselves of Legwand...

Edited by LeftWinger

I'm not 100% sure what the exact number is, but I believe its $34.3 million.

If you mean how much more they gotta spend HS, usatoday's saying '07's total was $43mill... add in the firesale, that brings them to needing $3-4mill.

That is most likely off however.

Edited by Flip-check