• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Roberto Who?

Rivalry Between Ducks and Wings

Rate this topic

I didnt say it was a rivalry i said could this lead to a rivalry....just got home from work at the honda center, read the boards and im excited.....cant say i love todd bertuzzi but u know one of those guys u hate till he is on your team...but this definetly means burke knows somethin bout teemu to.....

i sure do hope so cuz damn that series was exciting...i just hope bert and schneider stay healthy to play detroit if it comes to that...

That's so weird that you said that. For a second I thought you were talking about the Wings.

Guest DetroitIan

I can guaruntee one thing. This rivalry will do nothing but intensify throughout the upcoming season. In fact, with Nashville completely going down the drain. I would say the Ducks are our biggest rival. Cause I can say one thing with certainty. I cannot WAIT for the first meeting between us. Whoopin their asses will bring a bigger smile to my face then beating any other team. Especially now that they have Schneider and Bertuzzi.

Unless the Wings go out and sign Arron Asham and Jason Weimer next season, while also giving Brad Ference a roster spot, there will be no rivalry with Anaheim. Sorry.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? You don't think we can compete with them? The Ducks-Wings was maybe the best and most competetive series in the playoffs. Ducks are probably going to lose Niedermayer AND Selanne - they were very well prepared and have tried to sign *our* free agents to compensate. I certainly wouldn't hand them the Cup or suggest the Wings cannot rival them - if that's what you are saying....

I'm not sure what you mean by this? You don't think we can compete with them? The Ducks-Wings was maybe the best and most competetive series in the playoffs. Ducks are probably going to lose Niedermayer AND Selanne - they were very well prepared and have tried to sign *our* free agents to compensate. I certainly wouldn't hand them the Cup or suggest the Wings cannot rival them - if that's what you are saying....

Those guys I mentioned are all fighters (who don't suck either, since they can score also). There will only be a rivalry if there are fights, and the Wings don't have anyone on this current team, besides one-hit wonder Lilja and Brad Ference (who might not even make it anyways) that will drop the gloves. The guys I mentioned will fill that need, and maybe then there will be a rivalry.

Guest DetroitIan

Those guys I mentioned are all fighters (who don't suck either, since they can score also). There will only be a rivalry if there are fights, and the Wings don't have anyone on this current team, besides one-hit wonder Lilja and Brad Ference (who might not even make it anyways) that will drop the gloves. The guys I mentioned will fill that need, and maybe then there will be a rivalry.

Fighting has little to do with a rivalry. Yes it does add to a rivalry. But thats about it. Just because we dont have any fighters doesnt mean we wont have a big rivalry going. The Ducks are definitely our number 1 rival. And all I care about is getting more pucks into the net then the Ducks. I could care less how many more "fighters" they have. They are still gonna be huge rivals. No doubt about it.

Edited by DetroitIan

Th' only rivarly I see be that th' ducks keep lootin' our players year aft year... 'n that be only a one sided one at that... We lose in regards t' th' signin' other players games.

Right now the Ducks are just another in a line of lucky teams who caught some breaks to win a Cup. It's likely they barely make the playoffs next year. They're just one of those types of teams.

I don't know about that....in the last 4 seasons, the Ducks have lost in the Conference Finals once, lost in the Finals once and Won the cup once.

err...no

one playoff series does not a rilvary make

talk to me in 3 years. if the ducks make the conference finals without neidermayer again i'll be amazed.

Or Selanne, or two soft teams as opponents in the first two rounds. The hockey gods were very good to the Ducks this year - that doesn't happen 2 years in a row...

Has anyone realized that Schneider cannot replace what Neidermayer brought to the table and Bertuzzi can't even tie Selanne's shoe laces

The Ducks will be significantly weaker this coming season than last even with there two additions

Edited by WingNut199

rivalry needs bad blood and subsequent wars for the cup. as for now it's the Ducks who have beaten Wings asses 2 times in a row during a relatively short span. and no real payback from the Wings (yet).

this would also need more jerks running headless into oposing players in both teams. Pronger alone is not enough and is not that skill-less a*hole as Claude "The Turtle" or more recently Tootoo.

if however Wings add some bulk and do kick Ducks out off playoffs next season - there is some chance for a rivalry. slim one, though. too little competition, too little bad blood

In no way did they "beat our asses" this year. One game was won when they pushed Hasek into the goal with the puck, and one game they won when they chipped in a puck off Lidstrom's stick with 30 seconds left after we dominated the game. The only "ass beating" I remember was a 5-0 score in California and they were on the recieving end.

Has anyone realized that Schneider cannot replace what Neidermayer brought to the table and Bertuzzi can't even tie Selanne's shoe laces

The Ducks will be significantly weaker this coming season than last even with there two additions

Exactly. I would be surprised if Bertuzzi can manage to even play 10 games with his injuries. He's become a major puss.

well said :clap:

There will be a bit of a rivalry next year, but what happens next year will determine whether or not it grows.

It won't grow because without Niedemeir and Selane, and all the lucky breaks they got this year the Ducks won't make it past the first round. That's two holes that can't be easily filled.

I don't know about that....in the last 4 seasons, the Ducks have lost in the Conference Finals once, lost in the Finals once and Won the cup once.

yea and Buffalo lost in the conference finals 2 years in a row. Anybody expect them to make it next year?

It won't grow because without Niedemeir and Selane, and all the lucky breaks they got this year the Ducks won't make it past the first round. That's two holes that can't be easily filled.

yea and Buffalo lost in the conference finals 2 years in a row. Anybody expect them to make it next year?

Was that nah th' same thin' scallywags said about th' holes left by Shanahan 'n Yzerman?

Was that nah th' same thin' scallywags said about th' holes left by Shanahan 'n Yzerman?

except we proved we could still be a solid team without them, so those are now over. The ducks have yet to prove that now

except we proved we could still be a solid team without them, so those are now over. The ducks have yet to prove that now

Aye, then this will be thar year t' prove that as we were given last year t' prove that.

Next year, as last year fer us, will be thar first year without them.

Ye 'ave t' atleast afford them th' same year that we were afforded t' prove we be still a good crew wit' out them.

Edited by OsGOD

Aye, then this will be thar year t' prove that as we were given last year t' prove that.

yeah i still have my doubts. The ducks will be good but nearly AS good

I do understand all of yez (far from just you, Kp, I'm quoting you only because you're one of the most eloquent and persistent) "pro-fighters" stance-- heck I want it back too. But the [insert bad word here] insitgator rule has effectively limited this as an option.

Despite Pronger's over-publicized suspensions in the playoffs, there were many pens called against our Wings for playing over-the-line aggressively. Had we an enforcer, it could well have been worse in our PIMs. Our PK is great, and shouldn't change much next season, but I don't want them working overtime unecessarily.

Given Matthieu on a Duck PP next season, I REALLY don't want a tough guy who adds nothing but a hard left hook and a stint in the box.

If I DIID want that-- I'd call for a return of DMac. And I'll never want that, even given that I'm a proud owner of his jersey.

Like Vipe said, but I can see some of the lower-key Ducks pulling the weight. We'll see how it all goes, you know?

I don't want to see Selanne retire but if he does--seriously, at this point I don't want any more obstacles in our way.

Guest DetroitIan

VERY good point. :clap: