• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Robert Lang to the Hawks

Rate this topic

Lang does none of those things you mentioned well. He's a lazy guy that's a terrible skater and does nothing but give the puck away. Just because you like the guy as a person (hey, I do too) doesn't mean you have to pretend that he's a good player. He was given a ton of ice time throughout the season, and was horrible, except for his streak with Cleary.

It's no secret that most people think he sucks. Because he does.

Lang's become the lastest whipping boy is all. He's gone now, but there'll be another one.

And not so much playmaking, but Lang is good on faceoffs and he does score goals.

If he was that terrible, then I guess Babcock must be a moron for playing him at all, especially in the playoffs. he should've just benched him if he's such a liability, right? I mean, it only makes sense. I wonder why Babcock didn't? Since everyone knows he totally sucks?

Odd that he'd give 10-15 minutes of ice time to such a crappy player.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

See ya Langer. My guess is he will perform better and put up bigger numbers in Chicago with having a bigger role on that team.

Guest Agalloch

Lang's become the lastest whipping boy is all. He's gone now, but there'll be another one.

And not so much playmaking, but Lang is good on faceoffs and he does score goals.

If he was that terrible, then I guess Babcock must be a moron for playing him at all, especially in the playoffs. he should've just benched him if he's such a liability, right? I mean, it only makes sense. I wonder why Babcock didn't? Since everyone knows he totally sucks?

Odd that he'd give 10-15 minutes of ice time to such a crappy player.

Uh, I would've benched for Hudler. Babcock seems to hate Hudler, and played his veteran in the playoffs. That doesn't mean he's good. Wow, he scored, what, eighteen goals this year? With all that ice time?! That's ******* bad.

In honor of this great day, I found it fitting to come up with a new song patterned after the New Year's classic midnight tune, Auld Lang Syne. Be sure to sing along to the beat.

For old Lang signed, my friends,

For old Lang signed,

We'll all go pray for Hawk fans yet,

For du-Lang is not so fine.

This last hurrah in the Old Style of Heroes of Hockeytown is exceptionally fitting.

I really actually will miss Bob, even though he's far better off in Chicago. Here's to hoping he has a great season. Go Lang!

Uh, I would've benched for Hudler. Babcock seems to hate Hudler, and played his veteran in the playoffs. That doesn't mean he's good. Wow, he scored, what, eighteen goals this year? With all that ice time?! That's ******* bad.

Yeah, but you're not the coach. And Babcock put Lang out there for 10-15 minutes a game.

care to explain why if he sucks so bad? If it's so clear how awful he is and he doesn't do anything like score or win faceoffs?

Why did Babs have him out there?

EDIT: I was never claiming Lang was this tremendous player. Just that he's not as bad as everyone here makes him out to be. He's just the latest in a long string of whipping boys here at LGW.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

and so ends The Great Lang Era on LGW.....

I wanted him to succeed on the team he went to and I wanted to be a fan of that team....that is going to be hard to do now..... Lang is going to light it up with the Hawks, and we have to play him 8 times a year...... :scared:

...but Lang is good on faceoffs and he does score goals.

He did score the one big goal against San Jose, but I have to disagree with you on the faceoffs. I thought he was horrendous on the draw during the playoffs.

He did score the one big goal against San Jose, but I have to disagree with you on the faceoffs. I thought he was horrendous on the draw during the playoffs.

I don't really know his FO% offhand, but you may be right. I kind of remember him not being very good this playoffs.

He was good the last few seasons though, and in general I think he's a solid faceoff guy.

Either way, he's gone and it was definitely time. It just turns to piling on here. He wasn't the greatest player by any stretch of the imagination, but people here make it sound like we'd be better off putting anyone from the Griffins in his place, and it's just not true.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I thought he was horrendous on the draw during the playoffs.

NHL.com has him at around 40% on the draw this post-season and I'm suprised it wasn't even worse. Some games it looked like he'd never taken a faceoff in his life.

I didn't care much for Lang, but I do think he needs to be replaced. Our second line is looking a little sparse at the moment. I'm not totally opposed to the idea of signing Zubrus.

NHL.com has him at around 40% on the draw this post-season and I'm suprised it wasn't even worse. Some games it looked like he'd never taken a faceoff in his life.

I didn't care much for Lang, but I do think he needs to be replaced. Our second line is looking a little sparse at the moment. I'm not totally opposed to the idea of signing Zubrus.

someone else mentioned getting Zubrus for our 2nd line.

Does this player description sound eerily familiar?

Assets Has a huge frame and knows how to use it to protect the puck. Owns a nifty set of hands and a nose for the net. Still displays untapped offensive upside.

Flaws Doesn't give an honest effort every night. Lacks consistency. Is still a non-factor in too many games. Was rushed to the NHL and is trying to catch up.

I don't really know his FO% offhand, but you may be right. I kind of remember him not being very good this playoffs.

He was good the last few seasons though, and in general I think he's a solid faceoff guy.

Either way, he's gone and it was definitely time. It just turns to piling on here. He wasn't the greatest player by any stretch of the imagination, but people here make it sound like we'd be better off putting anyone from the Griffins in his place, and it's just not true.

Just seemed like he lost nearly every key faceoff late in the tight games.

I really wanted him to do well here but for whatever reason it just didn't work out.

someone else mentioned getting Zubrus for our 2nd line.

Does this player description sound eerily familiar?

Yeah, I'm totally aware of that, but we could really use his size on our second line. There's not a lot of options left, and if Zubrus could be had for cheaper than what we were paying Lang (though I wouldn't count on that), I say we go for it.

Yeah, I'm totally aware of that, but we could really use his size on our second line. There's not a lot of options left, and if Zubrus could be had for cheaper than what we were paying Lang (though I wouldn't count on that), I say we go for it.

I absolutely agree that the Wings need size. They really haven't addressed it through drafting or signings.

I'm just not sure Zubrus is the guy. But honestly I haven't seen him play enough to know if he's the second coming of Lang.

I'm just not sure Zubrus is the guy. But honestly I haven't seen him play enough to know if he's the second coming of Lang.

Well, his post-season stats with Buffalo this year were underwhelming, but at least Zubrus is considered to have "untapped potential" whereas most of us would agree that Lang's game is probably on the decline.