• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

detroitdan

Kyle Calder to the LA Kings

Rate this topic

Ahh your posts cheer me up. Even if it's the slightest bit funny.

Why did the girl pick up the phone?

Because Kyle Called-her! (good grief that ones not even slightly funny lol, but it just popped in my head as i hit reply)

As you know, im disgusted every offseason...i wouldnt wish this pain on anybody! Welcome to my world! ;)

Rafalski is better then Schneider

Bertuzzi not worth 4 mill/yr and a liability,

Calder didn't do anything in playoffs,

Lang was old and not worth the $,

Markov still hasn't signed elsewhere

Quit your crying, what are you a leaf fan??? Everyone else should quit whining as well.

:)

ps. We have the #1 GM in the world and there is a reason were continuously one of the top teams in the league. Nothing but pride should be echoing from everyone on this board 24/7.

Just because we have the number one GM in the league doesn't always mean he's going to make the best moves...he will screw up some. That's just how it goes.

Rafalski better than Schneider? I think not. Schneider was an amazing defensemen...he got out there and hit...and he scored incredible goals. He was good wherever you put him...that's hard to find in a defensemen. Yes...Rafalski is 4 years younger...but Schneider had chemistry with the Wings...he got out there and knew what to do.

Bertuzzi I can kind of understand...he's a great player...but he's not promising because of his health.

Calder could've done something in the playoffs...but Babcocks didn't seem to play him that much...and I think he also had a bit of an injury that was left unsaid. He's a great player...and it showed in his first game...and first shift on the ice none the less.

Hate to break it to you...Lang saved our butts in a couple games against Anaheim during the playoffs. He was a great player...with good size. He was definitely underrated...his positives outway his nagatives...but some fans beg to differ.

A lot of these players left because of coaching though...plain and simple. That's part of the reason why Yzerman retired....why Shanny left...and I know that Lang and Schneider had issues with him. Calder I believe also did. We have a good team...with amazing talent...but what is a player to do when the coach won't let him prove himself? Best of luck to them all.

Just because we have the number one GM in the league doesn't always mean he's going to make the best moves...he will screw up some. That's just how it goes.

Rafalski better than Schneider? I think not. Schneider was an amazing defensemen...he got out there and hit...and he scored incredible goals. He was good wherever you put him...that's hard to find in a defensemen. Yes...Rafalski is 4 years younger...but Schneider had chemistry with the Wings...he got out there and knew what to do.

Bertuzzi I can kind of understand...he's a great player...but he's not promising because of his health.

Calder could've done something in the playoffs...but Babcocks didn't seem to play him that much...and I think he also had a bit of an injury that was left unsaid. He's a great player...and it showed in his first game...and first shift on the ice none the less.

Hate to break it to you...Lang saved our butts in a couple games against Anaheim during the playoffs. He was a great player...with good size. He was definitely underrated...his positives outway his nagatives...but some fans beg to differ.

A lot of these players left because of coaching though...plain and simple. That's part of the reason why Yzerman retired....why Shanny left...and I know that Lang and Schneider had issues with him. Calder I believe also did. We have a good team...with amazing talent...but what is a player to do when the coach won't let him prove himself? Best of luck to them all.

I have a feeling that's why Bert left-- despite his numerous media posturing to the contrary.He's SAID he felt uncomfortable with Wingstyle (read: Babcock), and I'm sure he'll fit in great in ANA.)

(May the Hockey gods curse him for choosing $$ over fan ambivalence. That's just... really smart)

I DO believe that Bert wanted to stay a Wing. But after Insane Free Dollar Day, that was GWTW: starring Ken Holland as Scarlett O'Hara and Bert telling him, "Frankly, Ken, if you won't give a multi-year, I don't give a damn."

Rafalski is a similar player to Schneider, has similar numbers, is 5 years younger and generally more durable. Who's to say he won't have chemistry with the Wings too?

As for players leaving due to coaching, do you have any evidence to support your claims? that it factored into Yzerman retiring, Shanny leaving?

Rafalski is a similar player to Schneider, has similar numbers, is 5 years younger and generally more durable. Who's to say he won't have chemistry with the Wings too?

As for players leaving due to coaching, do you have any evidence to support your claims? that it factored into Yzerman retiring, Shanny leaving?

I'm not saying that they left because of him...but I think he did contribute to the fact. Yzerman had atleast a year left in him...he was playing great. But if I remember correctly....Babcock would leave Yzerman sitting on the bench sometimes...especially nearing the end of the season...you don't do that to the NHL's best captain in history. He had no reason...Detroit would be on a power play...and Yzerman was usually on the bench. Shanahan and Babcock did have issues...they didn't always see eye to eye...if the coaching were different I think Shanny would've stuck around. I personally don't like Babcock...I don't think he's done much. But...that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying that they left because of him...but I think he did contribute to the fact. Yzerman had atleast a year left in him...he was playing great. But if I remember correctly....Babcock would leave Yzerman sitting on the bench sometimes...especially nearing the end of the season...you don't do that to the NHL's best captain in history. He had no reason...Detroit would be on a power play...and Yzerman was usually on the bench. Shanahan and Babcock did have issues...they didn't always see eye to eye...if the coaching were different I think Shanny would've stuck around. I personally don't like Babcock...I don't think he's done much. But...that's just my opinion.

That's revisionist history. Yzerman was terrible the first half of the season and almost retired. He looked lost, slow, fell down a lot.

You do bench the best captain in history when he doesn't deserve to take ice time away from the other guys.

And I sure don't think he had another year left in that knee. He was getting by on his hockey smarts and sheer will. Most guys wouldn't have even survived in the NHL with as many limitations as Yzerman had the last few years.

Besides, Bowman was the biggest a-hole in the world, but got results. I doubt Yzerman had any serious problem with Babcock. I'm guessing Stevie was consulted before Babs was brought in.

I think Babcock proved something this year. He got an undersized and generally soft team to play solid defensive hockey with a lot of grit.