• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

Everything is horrible...it's just...meh. I don't think I've ever lost so many players I've liked at the same time before, EVER.

Posted Image

#22 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ July 2, 2007 - 08:28PM) View Post
Everything is horrible...it's just...meh. I don't think I've ever lost so many players I've liked at the same time before, EVER.

Same here!

Calder was beginning to be my fave after Ozzie. Lang was always one of my faves, Schneider is awesome, and I was starting to really, really like Bert. sad.gif

We get attached and then they leave.

QUOTE(Viperar @ July 2, 2007 - 08:28PM) View Post

i knew youd be hurt by calder leaving, sorry sad.gif

It sucks. sad.gif Best of luck to KC.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#23 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ July 2, 2007 - 07:26PM) View Post

Well that's just fantastic!

The Wings lost Bertuzzi, Markov, Schneider, Calder, and Lang in a matter of two days.

I am going to cry.

Rafalski is better then Schneider
Bertuzzi not worth 4 mill/yr and a liability,
Calder didn't do anything in playoffs,
Lang was old and not worth the $,
Markov still hasn't signed elsewhere

Quit your crying, what are you a leaf fan??? Everyone else should quit whining as well.

smile.gif

ps. We have the #1 GM in the world and there is a reason were continuously one of the top teams in the league. Nothing but pride should be echoing from everyone on this board 24/7.

Edited by sixer, 02 July 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#24 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(sixer @ July 2, 2007 - 08:36PM) View Post

Quit your crying, what are you a leaf fan???

smile.gif

ps. We have the #1 GM in the world and there is a reason were continuously one of the top teams in the league. Nothing but pride should be echoing from everyone on this board 24/7.

Some scallywags base thar likin' o' players nah entirely on th' awesomeness o' thar skill (if that was th' case thar would only be a handful o' players wit' a fans followin'. So NO yer indepth analysis o' th' players we jus' lost does nah equate t' th' needin' o' someone t' stop bein' upset.

Jus' 'cause he be th' "#1" businessman in th' hockey world does nah make it that scallywags can nah be upset when thar fav'rit players are lost 'n fer some several are lost in a matter o' 4 hours.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#25 evil204

evil204

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(johnnyoski @ July 2, 2007 - 07:44PM) View Post

No. Not after that disappearance last postseason.
I really expected more from him.

I think Babcock is more to blame for that than Calder.

#26 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ July 2, 2007 - 08:41PM) View Post

Some scallywags base thar likin' o' players nah entirely on th' awesomeness o' thar skill (if that was th' case thar would only be a handful o' players wit' a fans followin'. So NO yer indepth analysis o' th' players we jus' lost does nah equate t' th' needin' o' someone t' stop bein' upset.

Jus' 'cause he be th' "#1" businessman in th' hockey world does nah make it that scallywags can nah be upset when thar fav'rit players are lost 'n fer some several are lost in a matter o' 4 hours.

Exactly. At least someone understands.

#27 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(sixer @ July 2, 2007 - 08:36PM) View Post

Quit your crying, what are you a leaf fan??? Everyone else should quit whining as well.

smile.gif

You are really, really annoying

smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Posted Image

#28 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ July 2, 2007 - 05:46PM) View Post

I'm stunned you could translate that.

The pirate thing was pretty funny at first, but honestly now I don't even read the posts because they take too much effort to make sense of. tongue.gif

#29 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ July 2, 2007 - 08:49PM) View Post

The pirate thing was pretty funny at first, but honestly now I don't even read the posts because they take too much effort to make sense of. tongue.gif

Unfortntely I've had to put him on ignore because of it =/
Moral victories are for losers.

#30 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(Heaton @ July 2, 2007 - 08:50PM) View Post

OMG, you probably just made his day tongue.gif

Posted Image

#31 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ July 2, 2007 - 08:46PM) View Post

Aye, lass... I feel yer pain!

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#32 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ July 2, 2007 - 08:49PM) View Post

Haha as am I.

#33 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ July 2, 2007 - 07:49PM) View Post

Yeah really...it was cool when i had my Pirate to English dictionary, but someone stole it. Go figure!
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#34 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Heaton @ July 2, 2007 - 08:50PM) View Post

Aye, Lad 'n fer that I thank ye! laugh.gif

#35 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ July 2, 2007 - 08:53PM) View Post

Yeah really...it was cool when i had my Pirate to English dictionary, but someone stole it. Go figure!

Ahh your posts cheer me up. Even if it's the slightest bit funny.

#36 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ July 2, 2007 - 08:48PM) View Post

You are really, really annoying

smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I don't get what both of you guys are so sad about. You both knew Lang and Calder weren't being offered contracts. The chances of signing Schneider were slim. Calder and Bertuzzi didn't do much of anything here. If you can fall in love with a player so fast, you're going to fall in love with Rafalski and what ever other forward we sign.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#37 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ July 2, 2007 - 08:57PM) View Post

I don't get what both of you guys are so sad about. You both knew Lang and Calder weren't being offered contracts. The chances of signing Schneider were slim. Calder and Bertuzzi didn't do much of anything here. If you can fall in love with a player so fast, you're going to fall in love with Rafalski and what ever other forward we sign.

Psh. I'm already in love with Rafalski.

Seriously though, I get attached to players easily. I've always thought Lang was a very, very good player and I still do. The guy came up huge for the Wings during big times and no one should forget that. I understand the guy sometimes is a floater and what not, but I think the ribbing the guy gets on here is well overboard. It just sucks because he was one of my faves, and after I met him I liked him even more. Great guy.

As for Calder, he was one hell of a hard working player. I love everything I saw from the guy the second he became a Wing. Something about the playoffs was very off, and I still think something must of happened. *Maybe behind the scenes or what not* because no way his play goes downhill just like that. He's one of those players you know is going to give it his all each and every shift. He was really what we could of used. Great along the boards, and gritty.

So basically to sum it all up. Jen and I always find ourselves liking the same players, and almost always they either get traded, not offered a contract, or leave on their own terms. It sucks.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 02 July 2007 - 08:04 PM.

#38 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ July 2, 2007 - 08:57PM) View Post

You don't know me at all. Bertuzzi was a player I WANTED here...that NEVER happens...and I liked him before he came here. I thought Calder was good here. I liked Lang a lot even though I knew he wasn't going to stay, and he was possibly my favorite forward.

I could care less about Rafalski right now. Only time will tell if I like him or not.

I don't just randomly like players, and now I've lost all the players I really like except Ozzie...and hopefully not Hudler..And Ozzie doesn't play....this sucks.

Posted Image

#39 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ July 2, 2007 - 09:03PM) View Post

I don't just randomly like players, and now I've lost all the players I really like except Ozzie...and hopefully not Hudler..And Ozzie doesn't play....this sucks.

sad.gif sad.gif

#40 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

Damn, I wanted him to stay. Oh well, goodluck in LA!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.