• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

North Guy

Bertuzzi a Duck: 2-Years, $8M

Rate this topic

1- Schneider at 5.5 is insane, and Holland was right to turn him away.

Bertuzzi wasnt worth the 4 mill he wanted. End of story.

Markov isnt elsewhere yet, neither is hasek.

2- How many of those GM's have had the success that the wings have though? Would wrapping up 7 million in Chris Drury make us a cup favorite? No. We need to be thinking about the 6-7 million Z is going to command next year too...We already have 3 players making 6+...

3- They dont have to intrigue you, or us...they have to make sense, be feasible, and be the right fit.

4- What would please you? to have signed Bert, and have 4million left for a d-man and a goalie? We cant afford that.

Id love to see a big name land here too, but until we shed one of our big names (Lids, Zetterberg, Dats, Rafalski) then it most likely wont happen.

I don't mind Schneider being gone. I think he was awesome for us, but I agree that he shouldn't get 5.5 and that Holland was right to not offer that much. I never complained about this once. Rafalski is much better and younger, and I am thrilled he is back home. I also never said Bertuzzi should be had for 4 million. That is an overpayment as well. I just said I *THINK* he would of signed for less, probably around 2.5 had the term been longer. That's what been said at least..

Maybe I worded it wrong, but in no way would I want the Wings to spend 6 or 7 million on the likes of Drury, Smyth, etc. sure they may be worth that much. Well Drury anyway..but that's not what I wanted.

Bertuzzi was the main player to me. I was hoping they would of signed him for around 2.5 or 3 mil, and then bring in Kozzie and maybe a depth D-man. Or just wait until the trade deadline for a D-man.

So basically, Rafalski, Bert, and Kozzie. Of course re-signing Dom as well at a decent price. I don't think that was asking for too much or was out of the question. But I'm not the GM so what do I know. That's just what I would of liked to see.

"Theres nothing to say" is the blind allegiance thing that I think is lame. No one is perfect, theres always something. You feel free to say what you will. I just disagree.

And thats cool. Im the same way...Ive been a wings fan since before you were born, and I am very emotional about the team, so I totally get what youre saying.

That being said...

Goodbye Lang, cool guy but does nothing, glad we didnt pay you 4 mil. :clap:

By Schneids, you arent worth 5.5 :clap:

By Bert...I wish you would have built a home here, but you wanted money. Enjoy. :clap:

By Calder...um...later!

Still glad youre gone Manny!

Shanny, you broke my heart, so screw you

Stevie, I'll always man-love you. :P

I think you've got me all wrong. I'm not saying they are perfect. I'm just not one to bash on our players after they sign contracts elswhere, or wish them bad luck because they are no longer on our team. They played their asses off, and all made a difference on the Wings for the most part. They battled throughout the entire playoffs and got far.

That being said, tthere have been signings from the Wings in the past that I have not liked, and players I have dissed plenty of times. You should of read the threads earlier this season because I ragged on a certain #3 a lot..until the playoffs of course. Honestly though? The 2006-2007 Red Wings were by far my favorite Wings team in the past decade, and that is including the Cup teams. That is another reason why I have nothing bad to say. It has nothing due to a 'blind allegiance' I have towards the team.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Well, it's not like he had any loyalty to us. WE traded for him, knowing he was a ufa this summer, he had no more ties to us than Tomas Sandstrom did in 97, when we traded for him. (Where did he sign that summer? lol) I seriously didn't unsderstand why everybody had theri hearts set on him returning next year. Detroit was jsut as likely to sign him as any other team...but this isn't the same Detroit team as the pre cap era team, that had unlimited money to spend.

The only people I feel sorry for, are the ones that went out and bought a Bertuzzi Wings Jersey. now they can hang it up right next to their Hatcher and Uwe Krupp Jerseys :rolleyes:

so glad this ass hat is gone! Knew we were doomed last year when we signed him.

Funny you didn"t say anything last year :P ,i believe i was the only one who voted my displeasure :lol: Well anyways you dont see Ken Holland making the same mistake twice,he realizes Bertuzzi is a bum.Believe me he will be a bum for the ducks too,his playing days are overever since the Moore incident he hasn" been the same player(like i said all along)way to go Kenny i knew you would see the light :lol::lol:

You know I was a little pissed last night about him going to the enemy but then I remembered that we really didn't lose anything to acquire him last season so what does it really matter. We just cleared some more cap space for somebody better when the time comes. It'll all work itself out in the end.

You know I was a little pissed last night about him going to the enemy but then I remembered that we really didn't lose anything to acquire him last season so what does it really matter. We just cleared some more cap space for somebody better when the time comes. It'll all work itself out in the end.

Exactly

Thats a great way to look at it. I would have loved to see him back in the winged wheel but it didn't work out and he really only played about 15 games with us. So its not that big of a lose

What a bunch of s***, we offered Bert 3mil for 1 year 4 with incentives. Why didnt he take our offer? From the Free Press:

"The Wings had offered Bertuzzi, acquired at the trade deadline in February to boost their playoff hopes, a one-year deal in the low $3-million range and worth nearly $4 million with bonuses."

What a bunch of s***, we offered Bert 3mil for 1 year 4 with incentives. Why didnt he take our offer? From the Free Press:

"The Wings had offered Bertuzzi, acquired at the trade deadline in February to boost their playoff hopes, a one-year deal in the low $3-million range and worth nearly $4 million with bonuses."

Ahoy, because it was about longe'ity with a club (may be callin' that Loyality). and he did nah want t' go through this same s*** (unknown future) at the end o' next year. Gar.

Arrr, he was wantin' long term Holland was lookin' short term... as a human bein' you go with comfort. Job security for more than one year is worth any amount o' money.

Edited by OsGOD

My first reaction when I saw the headline on TSN was, "Bert, you son of a *****...".

Am I wrong for saying that?

Arrr, perhaps that is a bit o' a selfish reaction towards a player for pickin' longe'ity o'er uncertanty year after year.

maybe we are saving cap for next season our divsion is crap We can win with One line datsyuk zetterburg holmstorm

that or we are going to trade for a Big forward that can score 35 goals

and we are going to Sign forsburg

Well perhaps I'm only one of a very limited number of people glad he's gone. First of all, 3 mil is too much (wings offer) let alone 4. He's slow, doesn't fit the Wings style, and was being out hit by much smaller players in the playoffs last year. yeah I know "he was hurt", and that's another thing. Not only is his body damaged, so is his mind, you can tell he doesn't want to hurt another guy. And I don't like to have to force myself to like a certain player. and Bert was about as far as I could stretch that. He's ranked slightly above Forsberg, and Big E on my list of dis-liked players. Sure gave him the benifit of doubt when he came here, gave him a chance, all and all glad he's gone. Last thing.... Why is everyone sooooo concerned with the whole "now were even smaller!!!!11" "How could this happen!" For one, one big guy isn't going to change a team, he had no impact in that type of department at all. The wings don't need football players they need some guys like Dan Cleary. All heart to go along with the great skill guys we have. Doesn't matter what size they are. Wow that was a long post on a guy I don't care about. hahaha!

maybe we are saving cap for next season our divsion is crap We can win with One line datsyuk zetterburg holmstorm

that or we are going to trade for a Big forward that can score 35 goals

and we are going to Sign forsburg

Maybe there saving cap for Feds. :ph34r:

Deadline day the head line will read..........BOO NO MORE, WELCOME BACK SERGEI AND STANLEY!

Last thing.... Why is everyone sooooo concerned with the whole "now were even smaller!!!!11" "How could this happen!" For one, one big guy isn't going to change a team, he had no impact in that type of department at all.

And they won the west without him. I would have like to see him here but 4mil as a base for 2 years is high. He might come back 100% healthy and be good, like 70 pt range, but you don't know and thats why the Wings wanted a 1 year deal. But they will find somebody. Everyone gets on Ken Holland but he'll get something done, he has the last few years and if they would have signed Bert to that salary or even the 3mil enough people would be in here bitching anyways. He's never gonna win with fans unless he got Crosby somehow.

Also why does everyone think Z's contract expires next year? I've that a bunch of times over the last few days from people. Wings have him until 09. He signed a 4 year deal the summer of 05.

And they won the west without him. I would have like to see him here but 4mil as a base for 2 years is high. He might come back 100% healthy and be good, like 70 pt range, but you don't know and thats why the Wings wanted a 1 year deal. But they will find somebody. Everyone gets on Ken Holland but he'll get something done, he has the last few years and if they would have signed Bert to that salary or even the 3mil enough people would be in here bitching anyways. He's never gonna win with fans unless he got Crosby somehow.

Also why does everyone think Z's contract expires next year? I've that a bunch of times over the last few days from people. Wings have him until 09. He signed a 4 year deal the summer of 05.

Agreed. I think some people just like the thrill of having new players brought in and out all the time, and some only want a player in a certain mold, unwilling to give a different type of player a chance. Like I did with Bert. And those are some of the hardest to please.

Panic induced dillusions? :D

Arrr, and Rafalski might be a mighty bust on our team... but we have him for 5 years at 30million. It could go either way. Gar.

last time we got a homeboy defenseman it did nah go so hot.

Edited by OsGOD

Arrr, and Rafalski might be a mighty bust on our team... but we have him for 5 years at 30million. It could go either way. Gar.

Come on Cap'n. You don't honestly think Rafalski has a better chance of working out than the lumbering oaf? (Actually I thought Hatch had a pretty good playoff that year considering) The Rafalski deal was a good one IMO. If you ask me the Kronwall deal is the gamble, and I like the guy.

two completely different situations...Hatcher is a gronk and he's too slow...Rafalski can actually skate and move the puck...he won't be here for just one season and he'll be worth the money.

again, Bertuzzi is not the player he was between 2001-2003...every time I watched him during the playoffs I'd get frustrated because he wouldn't take the puck to the net...I was shouting at the TV for him to crash the net...he tried to pass too much and wasn't playing the type of game that a guy of his size should be playing...the offer Kenny had on the table was pretty significant...a lot more than I would have given him...I was happy when they got him at the deadline, very excited actually, but as I watched him more and more it became clear to me that he's not the same guy he was in Vancouver and he most likely won't be ever again...part of me is sad to see him go because of what could have been, but he wanted too much money and there was a significant risk involved...Kenny Holland will find a big body out there somewhere...this is a fine team without Bertuzzi, one of the best in the league...I can't wait for October

Edited by detroitdan