• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

North Guy

Bertuzzi a Duck: 2-Years, $8M

Rate this topic

Im not a huge fan of Kenny but I dont hate him.

I think he is much better at the deadline than in the off season.

Especially under the cap. He cant seem to get anything done in the off season.

For the last couple times he had to deal with Dats and his crap so that was his excuse.

This year ?

Im just saying, for Kennys sake he should stop talking about adding bigger tougher forwards to this team becasue I dont think he will ever do it.

BERTUZZI!!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I debate with you.

Again, Kenny brought Bert to Detroit, and Bert was the one that wanted to move on to Anaheim even though Kenny was still trying to sign him.

How is that Kenny's fault?

Is this lets grill Reem day?

You don't see it because you're not me. I think he would of been very good here, and able to make a difference. His size, toughness, and great hands would of really helped. He's also the type of guy you'd want to protect your star players. Someone that doesn't take crap from anyone, and will dish it out and fight if he has to. The Wings haven't had a player like that in years, and then finally we acquire him, and while risky at first, everyone thought him being healthy this year would of done us really well, and well now he'll be doing that for another team and it sucks.

simply put, bert was barely in a red wing uni last season and played a very, very minor role in our playoff run. based on his actual contributions as a red wing, i just don't understand your obsession with him. did you feel the same way about bert when he was still with the 'nucks?

Mac, we had a big guy for all of 20 games last season, half of which he didnt play.

How exactly has Holland kept his work on making this team bigger and stronger up front for next season?

By losing Bert?

Oh I see you point now.

I still can't believe that Bert's gone . I know he was UFA but this I didn't expect.

I hope I'm totally wrong here , but I think losing Bertuzzi could be a major setback for the Wings.

How so though? It's a serious question. I mean he played in what 8 games with the Wings and they still won the west. And he wasn't lighting it up and they could have still beaten the Ducks.

Guest Crymson

BERTUZZI!!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I debate with you.

Again, Kenny brought Bert to Detroit, and Bert was the one that wanted to move on to Anaheim even though Kenny was still trying to sign him.

How is that Kenny's fault?

Don't even try to debate with redwinguofmfan. He has proven time and again that he is interested in nothing else but insulting Holland and the Wings here and in coming up with more reasons why every good thing the Wings do is insignificant, and with more reasons why the Wings will lose.

How so though? It's a serious question. I mean he played in what 8 games with the Wings and they still won the west. And he wasn't lighting it up and they could have still beaten the Ducks.

He was just getting back from a serious injury . he might not have been playing as dominant as he used too , but he was a presence in the team and helped the Wings have a pretty good playoff run.

I would have liked to have seen him get in a training camp with the Wings and then seen what he could have done next season. IMO he could still have been the power forward we've been wanting for a long time.

simply put, bert was barely in a red wing uni last season and played a very, very minor role in our playoff run. based on his actual contributions as a red wing, i just don't understand your obsession with him. did you feel the same way about bert when he was still with the 'nucks?

Aye, aye... for me it was well before he came har... I am not that shallow t' only be likein' a player so long as they be sportin' the Red Win's red and white. Aye, me parrot #3 concurs.

Mac, we had a big guy for all of 20 games last season, half of which he didnt play.

How exactly has Holland kept his work on making this team bigger and stronger up front for next season?

By losing Bert?

Oh I see you point now.

How exactly was it his fault that he lost him to Anaheim? That's my point.

Don't even try to debate with redwinguofmfan. He has proven time and again that he is interested in nothing else but insulting Holland and the Wings here and in coming up with more reasons why every good thing the Wings do is insignificant, and with more reasons why the Wings will lose.

Crymson get off my nuts.

No worries, I haven't forget RWUOMF's personality from the playoffs and the 07 trade deadline.

Wait. 2 Years is the "long term" contract Bertuzzi wanted but Holland wouldn't give him?

Jesus. Two years is all it was? Why didn't we just give it to him!? Now we're stuck having to pick from a bunch of has-beens to choose from who were never even half as good as Bertuzzi was in his prime. And you just watch. Bertuzzi is going to bring his A-game next season, and Schneider is going to pick up his game as well. What a shame. Schneider leaving sucked, but was expected. But this....this downright pisses me off. And I'm no fairweather fan who questions Holland every time a player leaves.

He was just getting back from a serious injury . he might not have been playing as dominant as he used too , but he was a presence in the team and helped the Wings have a pretty good playoff run.

I would have liked to have seen him get in a training camp with the Wings and then seen what he could have done next season. IMO he could still have been the power forward we've been wanting for a long time.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I guess just why do you think it is a setback? I look at losing a guy like Dats after the year he and the team had as a setback. Not a guy that never really got 100% and really didn't contribute as a setback. He would have helped but I just don't look at it as a setback, especially with the salary he got. If the Wings had more cap room or his back wasn't iffy I would have done it. But that's half of the money they have left to spend. I guess we just see the word setback in different ways.

Wait. 2 Years is the "long term" contract Bertuzzi wanted but Holland wouldn't give him?

Jesus. Two years is all it was? Why didn't we just give it to him!? Now we're stuck having to pick from a bunch of has-beens to choose from who were never even half as good as Bertuzzi was in his prime. And you just watch. Bertuzzi is going to bring his A-game next season, and Schneider is going to pick up his game as well. What a shame. Schneider leaving sucked, but was expected. But this....this downright pisses me off. And I'm no fairweather fan who questions Holland every time a player leaves.

$4mil base price i why he didn't give it to him. The team has 8mil to spend on probably 2 forwards, sign Meech and Hudler along with Hasek. Half that money to one of 4-5 players wasn't going to happen.

Edited by StevieY9802

How exactly was it his fault that he lost him to Anaheim? That's my point.

Its not his fault he lost him to Anaheim.

I simply stated we would not be resigning Bert and would not be aquiring anyone to fill his role.

I hope Im proved wrong but I really think we will go into next seaon without a big physical forward once again.

And again, we will have to find someone to fill in at the deadline.

Aye, aye... for me it was well before he came har... I am not that shallow t' only be likein' a player so long as they be sportin' the Red Win's red and white. Aye, me parrot #3 concurs.

I alway's liked Bertuzzi even when he was with the 'nucks. he was alway's a player that I hated seeing play against the Wings because he's a good player , I was glad when he was traded to Detroit . and this is why I hate seeing him leave so much . he's probably going to be a pain in our asses again.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I guess just why do you think it is a setback? I look at losing a guy like Dats after the year he and the team had as a setback. Not a guy that never really got 100% and really didn't contribute as a setback. He would have helped but I just don't look at it as a setback, especially with the salary he got. If the Wings had more cap room or his back wasn't iffy I would have done it. But that's half of the money they have left to spend. I guess we just see the word setback in different ways.

$4mil base price i why he didn't give it to him. The team has 8mil to spend on probably 2 forwards, sign Meech and Hudler along with Hasek. Half that money to one of 4-5 players wasn't going to happen.

What I mean is that it is a blow losing a player that could have been a great power forward for the Wings , the setback is that we now need to go get someone to replace him and that could be pretty hard.

I alway's liked Bertuzzi even when he was with the 'nucks. he was alway's a player that I hated seeing play against the Wings because he's a good player , I was glad when he was traded to Detroit . and this is why I hate seeing him leave so much . he's probably going to be a pain in our asses again.

What I mean is that it is a blow losing a player that could have been a great power forward for the Wings , the setback is that we now need to go get someone to replace him and that could be pretty hard.

Did ye lose yer monkey mate?

Its not his fault he lost him to Anaheim.

I simply stated we would not be resigning Bert and would not be aquiring anyone to fill his role.

I hope Im proved wrong but I really think we will go into next seaon without a big physical forward once again.

And again, we will have to find someone to fill in at the deadline.

That would have been a better way of stating it. The reason posters like Crymson are "all over your nuts" is the way you initially come off.

Did ye lose yer monkey mate?

Naa Cap'n he's still be here wit' me ...I's just be scared and hidin him in case he get's a better salary offer a sign's up tae another crew.......arggghhhh!!!.......me monkey he's be cocurin .......although he is bein a greedy little bugger.......aye!!!!

But would you pay him the $4mil a year he got when you only have 8mil or so to spend? Thats why I don't feel bad about it. The team has to make choices and this was the right one because it would hard to get everyone signed.

:withstupid:

Maybe we should just let you run the Wings since you already know this.

Oh wow.

Bertuzzi is far past his prime. Now, I, like any other Wings fan, would have liked to keep him. But for 4-5 million a season? Heck no. He can rot in Anaheim since he wants that kind of cash, given his back and s***ty play in recent years.

It's shaping up just like last summer. Nobody gives Holland enough credit for not making these off-the-wall signings. I'm sure if he would have given Bertuzzi 4-5 million a season, people would be bitching that he was overpaid. It just comes with being a Wings fan.

He never fit into this team quite as I had hoped. I was beginning to grow tired of making excuses for his bad play, especially in the playoffs (with the exception of that one game against Calgary and one game against Anaheim). Not a huge loss, since Bertuzzi hasn't been a big factor in the league since 2002-2003, and the Ducks majorly overpaid to get him.

My obsession with him? Get real. I'm not obsessed with anyone.

And for the record, I hated him before he was a Wing. Even with disliking him, the second the Wings signed him I was happy because I knew it would make our team better. Plus the guy is a badass, and the Wings haven't had someone like him years. That and he seemed like a very genuine guy and not the ******* everyone made him out to be. THAT is why I like him.

I found that too, every comment he leaves is always negative........

Guest Crymson

:withstupid:

Maybe we should just let you run the Wings since you already know this.

No kidding. He knew this and he didn't tell anybody? What a terrible fan.

And for the record, I hated him before he was a Wing. Even with disliking him, the second the Wings signed him I was happy because I knew it would make our team better. Plus the guy is a badass, and the Wings haven't had someone like him years. That and he seemed like a very genuine guy and not the ******* everyone made him out to be. THAT is why I like him.

I feel the same way. I just wish that we could have seen what he can really do in a Wings jersey as opposed to a Ducks jersey. <_<

so you go from hating the guy to loving the guy in less than 31 hardly memorable games? how "genuine" was his comments about wanting to stay in detroit? it all sounds a bit asinine to me. geez, what would you do if pronger ever bacame a wing? how did you feel when hatcher was gone after his short stint with the wings? my guess is probably not nearly the same that you feel about bert now.

in the grand scheme of things, big bert won't even be a footnote in red wing history. and he won't be missed by many either.