• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DBR

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

Rate this topic

ugh I have a feeling lindros might come here.......ugh

...oh crap, open up the "I'd sign him for a $1MM" thread right now...

...truth is, Yzerman has always been good friends with Lindros and now that Stevie is in a position to give better input on UFA's, you may be right...

...well, with Bert gone (so much for him wanting to stay) where do we turn now? Comrie, Ricci, Kozlov? The names are dwindling away...

Turns out Bertuzzi signed for $4 mill per year.

Holland wasn't sitting on his hands, but he wasn't smoking crack either. That's why Bert's not a Wing right now.

Wow that's insane. I would have like to see Bert come back, but not at that price.

Ah wha' th' heck... th' way I feel about th' teams direction right now..... brin' in Forsberg 'n Lindros 'n try t' get Pronger away from th' ducks! Might as well.

i would never want to see pronger in a wings jersey

The Wings are probably going to add another solid second line player, and are very capable with the current squad.

Relax.

If people want to see a crap shoot, they oughta go check out the Sabres. That sucks

This, not even close.

funny enough, I wouldna wants t' see any o' those in a win's jersey

calder sucks

lang sucks

bertuzzi is just big

the only thing we probably lost out of this are just 2 huge ass floaters that take extra space on the ice and dont let datsyuk and zettz enough space to do what they have to do and we lost a ''gritty'' player that showed no grit @ all ... so by the looks of it we got alot better

:clap:

For what it is worth, i trust what Kenny has planned. Maybe. It has got the wings farther this year than the recent. Is it presumptuous to say we can now rely on some of the unknown talents like Cleary, Franzen, and Filppula now after their playoff performance? Will they step up now? Perhaps, but it would be nice to get our hands on a top six forward that is not getting ancient.

This is just an opinion, so don't shoot me. I think these players (Schnieder, Bertuzzi) went to Anehiem because they hated Babcock. I think you'll see a trend in Detroit for as long as he's here, where players will leave as soon as they hit free agency. Of course there will be exceptions. I expect Markov to go, and Hudler to leave the country. I think even Hasek is having second thoughts. I think he really pissed some guys on the team off.

Let's trade pricks.

Bertuzzi to Anaheim, okay fine. But sign Guerin a current prick in the NHL, as a replacement. That's what they did with Schneider and Rafalski; they might as well do it with Guerin. Let's be honest, before Bert came to Hockeytown, he was a prick. But when he was on the Wings he was our prick. So let's get somebody else to be our replacement prick.

A weak division coupled with over-priced players going to teams desperately needing them makes Kenny look very smart right now. He will carefully pick and choose who he wants to bring in, and who will fit into the system that Babcock brings. Big names don't need to be brought in every year to make this team better. Zetterberg is Holland's #1 priority next year, and Nick's decision as well will factor in what happens after this coming year. Kenny wants to be sure that he doesn't tie up too much money in a big name, leaving him strapped to not bring back Zetterberg for long-term or a Lidstrom who still wants to play.

There is a lot of young talent on this team that needs to be evaluated, and I believe this year will be a perfect year to measure that talent and see who can crack it.

And don't worry, Ken will bring in the right guys to make this team successful. Schneider and Bert leaving will not be a big lose to this team next year.

A weak division coupled with over-priced players going to teams desperately needing them makes Kenny look very smart right now. He will carefully pick and choose who he wants to bring in, and who will fit into the system that Babcock brings. Big names don't need to be brought in every year to make this team better. Zetterberg is Holland's #1 priority next year, and Nick's decision as well will factor in what happens after this coming year. Kenny wants to be sure that he doesn't tie up too much money in a big name, leaving him strapped to not bring back Zetterberg for long-term or a Lidstrom who still wants to play.

There is a lot of young talent on this team that needs to be evaluated, and I believe this year will be a perfect year to measure that talent and see who can crack it.

And don't worry, Ken will bring in the right guys to make this team successful. Schneider and Bert leaving will not be a big lose to this team next year.

Guest jaytan

Wow....

Just, ugh...

I promise not to have a tourette's fit this time, but I will beat my daughter.

Heh, would you have said that about Cheli about a decade ago?

I, for one, love the team the Ducks have and the qualities they value in players. I wish we had Brian Burke as a GM. It's been a loooong time since the Wings have put a team on the ice that I would like at all if I wasn't from Detroit.

Good point.

Good point.

Ah wha' th' heck... th' way I feel about th' teams direction right now..... brin' in Forsberg 'n Lindros 'n try t' get Pronger away from th' ducks! Might as well.

First of all, I didn't really check this board too much in the past couple weeks, and I'm amazed you're still talking like that. Bravo :clap:

Secondly, what the hell is the problem people? When's the last time Kenny let us down? And do we forget that we can't just sign free agents every year to fill every position? What's wrong with giving a young guy a shot, we already know Hudler will be playing next season, which basically takes care of one of those positions.

And not that I advocate listening to Eklund, but he's been doing all right so far this free agent season, he says Fedotenko may be coming to Detroit. Nothing more concrete coming from sportsnet or spectors though.

Edited by SeeinRed

It's pretty obvious what is going on. Lang and Calder were told they weren't going to be offered contracts. Buh-bye. Bertuzzi got far more than the Wings were rumored to be offering him. Obviously given the back injury they were not comfortable throwing $4M a season at him. No clue why Dom's deal hasn't been completed. I just hope Kenny is looking at another forward because the Wings can't stand pat after resigning Hasek (whenever that happens).

Standard answer #342

Just because the Wings aren't making deals doesn't mean Holland is sitting on his hands. Both sides have to actually agree for a deal to happen.

Just because Bert signed with Anaheim doesn' mean Kenny was thinking "Ah what the hell, let Anaheim have him." and didn't bother to try and get Bert to play in Detroit.

Making a deal happen in the real world in the NHL is a little more complicated than pulling it off on a Playstation.

your right remember 2002 people wings sign brett hull in august at a very discount price the longer this goes the more the price comes down on the guerins and kozlovs

Guest jaytan

..Fedotenko may be coming to Detroit. Nothing more concrete coming from sportsnet or spectors though.

Yup.... I'd puke.

Then i'd stick my finger down my throat and puke again.

Now that Bert and Schneids are officially outta town, I am curious to see where Holland spends his money. I'm glad he isn't jumping in with the overpayment of players like most of the signings out there have been.

I'm confident he'll now lock up Hasek for sure, and bring in a qualilty forward and a decent d'man. I wanted Bert here, but not for 4 mil.

First of all, I didn't really check this board too much in the past couple weeks, and I'm amazed you're still talking like that. Bravo :clap:

Secondly, what the hell is the problem people? When's the last time Kenny let us down? And do we forget that we can't just sign free agents every year to fill every position? What's wrong with giving a young guy a shot, we already know Hudler will be playing next season, which basically takes care of one of those positions.

And not that I advocate listening to Eklund, but he's been doing all right so far this free agent season, he says Fedotenko may be coming to Detroit. Nothing more concrete coming from sportsnet or spectors though.

Aye mate, thanks fer th' bravo :)

Fer me it ain't that I be worried that Holland won't put a good crew on th' ice... fer cryin' out loud we be o'erwhelmed wit' talent on our crew. 'tis more about 'im gettin' rid o' players I 'ave grown t' like o'er th' years (nah jus' on th' win's but through hockey in general. all would be fine if we had nah got them on our crew... then i wouldna be so upset... however havin' them on our crew 'n th' losin' them really sucks. I be still holdin' out that Holland will call 1-800-Hansons 'n GET IT DONE wit' Roenick :)