• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DBR

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

Rate this topic

I can't believe that the Wings are sitting back after one acquisition to make up for Schneids leaving, They have about $8 miol left and still need to sign Hasek, that idiot. What the heck is he waiting for? Maybe he wants to see how much money comes back into the team so he can ask for more by losing players to other teams?

What the hell is Kenny thinking?????? I don't get it? I'm so confused with Bert, Schneids, Calder and Lang eaving. I mean, I don't care about Lang, but man, Bert? We need him to clear the ice for Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Now, what do we have? Sorry, but I think Kenny screwed up big time.

Thoughts?????

Guest Agalloch

Wah wah wah, we lost Calder, Lang, and Bertuzzi, all whom were detriments. Wah.

I don't even know what to say.

Yeah I am going to miss the guys that left,

but honestly I trust Kenny 100%.

I think he is one of if not the best gm in the NHL.

He will sign people to replace those guys.

Look how much time there is before the season starts too.

It's not like the NHL starts tomorrow.

Everyone was freaking out last year too..

Try decaf.

lmao :lol:

but anyhow, don't worry wings are alright, Rafalski is a better younger faster Matt Schneider. Lang, no loss there, Calder, no loss there. Bertuzzi, well it would of been nice to keep him, but we can sign somoene else, not anyone that can match his size however.

Ah wha' th' heck... th' way I feel about th' teams direction right now..... brin' in Forsberg 'n Lindros 'n try t' get Pronger away from th' ducks! Might as well.

calder sucks

lang sucks

bertuzzi is just big

the only thing we probably lost out of this are just 2 huge ass floaters that take extra space on the ice and dont let datsyuk and zettz enough space to do what they have to do and we lost a ''gritty'' player that showed no grit @ all ... so by the looks of it we got alot better

I can't believe that the Wings are sitting back after one acquisition to make up for Schneids leaving, They have about $8 miol left and still need to sign Hasek, that idiot. What the heck is he waiting for? Maybe he wants to see how much money comes back into the team so he can ask for more by losing players to other teams?

What the hell is Kenny thinking?????? I don't get it? I'm so confused with Bert, Schneids, Calder and Lang eaving. I mean, I don't care about Lang, but man, Bert? We need him to clear the ice for Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Now, what do we have? Sorry, but I think Kenny screwed up big time.

Thoughts?????

Standard answer #342

Just because the Wings aren't making deals doesn't mean Holland is sitting on his hands. Both sides have to actually agree for a deal to happen.

Just because Bert signed with Anaheim doesn' mean Kenny was thinking "Ah what the hell, let Anaheim have him." and didn't bother to try and get Bert to play in Detroit.

Making a deal happen in the real world in the NHL is a little more complicated than pulling it off on a Playstation.

Out of all the FA's left , for cheap , I would take Lindros

I love Lindros, or rather the idea of him, in Winged wheel. He was very unimpressive in Dallas, however... for whatever reason. Sorry, Big E... love ya, but I don't know that I want you in Detroit.

He is huge, however... so if that's a criteria, he's got that covered.

..decaf... heh~ :yowza:

Could it be that Kenny is just sitting back waiting for the RIGHT deal? He knows what he is doing, and so far the Wings haven't really lost anyone that produced for them last year, that hasn't already been replaced.

Don't get your panties all in a bunch. It's ok, Kenny's got things under control.

I would have liked if the Wings could have signed Bert, because I wanted to see what he was capable of during a full season, but oh well. I'm not going to sweat the fact that he's gone. He was fine while he played for us, but really it was like, whatever.

It was nice to have his size and at least the impression of his grit and I hope Kenny can find someone to fill that void, cuz it is a void with this team.

The Wings are in better shape today with the signing of Rafalski than they were on Saturday, with Schneider, Bertuzzi, and the dead weight of Calder and Lang. Ken Holland hasn't made too many wrong moves and I have faith and confidence in him that he will find the necessary pieces to replace what's been lost and take this team to the Cup in 2008. Free agency has just begun, and there are players to be signed yet, plus we can't count out a trade or two, if it is necessary. And then, if things aren't going as well as they'd like or if the right deal presents itself, there's always the trade deadline next spring.

Turns out Bertuzzi signed for $4 mill per year.

Holland wasn't sitting on his hands, but he wasn't smoking crack either. That's why Bert's not a Wing right now.

Four million??? Wow, Burke way overpaid!!! He's definitely not worth that much! I applaud Kenny for not giving in and paying that. I'd be pissed if he did.

In that case I say, good riddance Bert!

OMG!!!!!! THE SKYZ IS FALLING!!!!1111 WE WON'T MAKE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!1111

Do you have any idea how smart it was that Kenny didn't sign Bert to the contract that he got in Anaheim? There's a d*mn good chance Bert will never return to form, and now you have an injury question to go along with it. Letting a questionable power forward with a bad back go for half of what the team has left to spend isn't as dumb as your making it out to be.

Here's a newsflash. This Wings team is still incredibly talented, and will make the playoffs. Instead of just throwing money at all these UFA's it wouldn't be the worst idea to save even a little more than what Kenny originally said he would for the deadline. The Wings are probably going to add another solid second line player, and are very capable with the current squad.

Relax.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Vent? Panic? I think some people need a paper bag to breathe into. Nobody that's left the Wings should come as a huge surprise. And Rafalski for Schneider is an upgrade.

QFT. Was there not an article posted a week or 2 ago that said Holland would most likely not be able to sign 3/4 of the UFA he wanted? Just relax and let Kenny do his job.

Why the ef is everyone crying like we are down 3-0 against the Ducks in the first round of the playoffs? Sure, there were alot of free agents out there, and alot of big signings, but keep in mind, we already added arguably the best D-man on the market.

We will resign Hasek and that leaves us needing a 2nd line forward and MAYBE and D-man sometime before NEXT YEARS PLAYOFFS. The Wings will compete and win there division again this year - none of our division rivals have improved enough to warrant any threat.

Settle down. We have a friggin good team here.