• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
elriqo28

everyone quit whining!

Rate this topic

you people cry about the people we don't get and the people we let go every fricking year and yet the wings seem to be the #1 seed in the Western Conference every year almost. Why don't you put a little more faith into Holland, Yzerman, Bowman, Nill, and the rest of the staff. They will put together a winning team! They know how much to pay a player and when it is time to say no to a player. Leave it be.

you people cry about the people we don't get and the people we let go every fricking year and yet the wings seem to be the #1 seed in the Western Conference every year almost. Why don't you put a little more faith into Holland, Yzerman, Bowman, Nill, and the rest of the staff. They will put together a winning team! They know how much to pay a player and when it is time to say no to a player. Leave it be.

You know, he's right. We're primed for another spectacular first or second round exit?

What Me Worry?

LARIONOV

GETTER DONE KEN

haha!!! awesome!...wait wait....fetisov, larionov, fedorov, and kozlov....they're all available right? why has this not happened yet? for the love of God why?

I totally agree, why spend money on Bertuzzi, Calder, Lang or Schneider? Bertuzzi is a has been, Lang is a has been, Schneider is a has been and Calder is a never will be. When we lose Markov like we are going to, people on this message board are going to be b***hing and complaining about who we could've had, or who we should've had. The guys running the Wings no way more about what they are doing then the executives in the NHL that spent out on older players. I remember when we got Lang, everyone was excited as hell and then he wore out his welcome and people got pissed. Calder was never welcomed here, but when we got him, people were thrilled for the fact that Williams was gone. Shanahan and Federov, people were mad when they "bolted" and now there is a rumor on this board every day about their respective returns to the Wings. It makes no sense at all for this crap to have to go on any longer. :unsure:

Edited by Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

You know, he's right. We're primed for another spectacular first or second round exit?

What Me Worry?

and all those pieces of the team that they let go, those were the ones who did anything in the playoffs???...besides schneider, i don't see them losing much, and they got a younger tougher scoring d-man for less

I'd rather we don't go crazy this year and wait until next years UFAs...Some really crazy players will be available then...Altho cuz of the cap we won't be able to get any of them...

Whining about people whining makes you a whiner.

Me whining about you whining about other people whining makes me a whiner.

So we're all just one big happy family of whiners here! :P

I didn't think about it like that, but yes you are right SouthernWingsFan, you keep this board together :thumbup:

Whining about people whining makes you a whiner.

Me whining about you whining about other people whining makes me a whiner.

So we're all just one big happy family of whiners here! :P

LOL, Captain Jack that's awesome :D:lol::thumbup:

This happens all the time, not just on these boards but on every Wings board I post on - every summer at the start of free agency, we don't sign some player(s) that someone thinks we should, and the sky is falling!! The Wings are not going to get out of the first round unless we get Joe Schmoe, or a Joe Schmoe-type player!!! They're too small!! They don't have enough grit!! We need a pure goal scorer! We have too many finesse players!!

And then there's the trade deadline - the sky is falling!! The Wings are not going to get out of the first round unless we get Joe Schmoe, or a Joe Schmoe-type player!!! They're too small!! They don't have enough grit!! We need a pure goal scorer! We have too many finesse players!!

Then some of us will come on, and say, relax people. Ken Holland et al knows what they are doing. There are plenty of players the Wings could go after, yadda yadda yadda. And someone else will come on and say, where's your faith? You call yourseves Wings fans? Come on, get behind your team!

Sometimes I wish I saved some of those posts and just change the player's names from season to season, cuz it's the same song, different verse. And the song is called Whine, Piss and Moan.

But then what would we do in the off-season? LOL

Edited by Yzermania19

Guest GordieSid&Ted

That would require people to use common sense. I used to gripe alot about the fact that we wouldn't sign big guys that could fight and guys that were just ugly to play against. Instead of whining about it every offseason now I just sort of make bah, humbug comments about it.

However, alot of people are natural born complainers. In fact, most people whine and ***** about everything. My wife is proof of that. :D Before I slit my wrists, cry that the sky is falling or otherwise just cry in my beer I like to remind myself that the first 50-60 games of the season don't really matter much anymore. Why is this you say? Blasphemy you say? No, seeing as we are in just a terrible, terrible division which has been further weakened by the dismantling of Nashville it's pretty much a lock that the Wings will take at worst the #3 seed in the playoffs next year. A #3 seed (in all likelihood) and home ice is pretty much going to happen. Of course I could be wrong but I doubt it. Given the glaring facts about how terrible our division is and the odds that a very solid team (despite the lack of Bertuzzi or Gordie Howe or Cam Neely) already exists and will make the playoffs with a high seed. I don't see the reason to *****, moan, gripe, cry, whine or otherwise hang myself because we didn't sign every free agent on the planet.

I'll gladly go with the guys we have. At this point I wouldn't mind signing the pipsqueak Huddles and giving him 2nd line minutes, hell the guy could score 3o goals with that wicked snap shot of his. I hear Grigorenko might make the team this year and Kindl will be given every opportunity to make the squad. I can't wait to see Rafalski. And I think a healthy and hungry couple O swedes named Zetterberg and Kronwall are going to be even better this year.

I'm an optimist true 'dat! Seriously, the trade deadline exists for a reason. We got Bertuzzi this past year didn't we? Every trade deadline somebody will be available and Kenny will do his typical last minute move to add the missing piece. Why is this so clever? Because after 60 games the staff will have a pretty ******* darn good idea what's missing. A heck of a lot better idea than they have on July 2nd anyway.

But hey, whiners of the world feel free to whine all you want. Nobody has a right to tell you to stop whining so for Heaven's sake keep up the good work. I'm sure its benefiting somebody.

Guest Crymson

Here's the problem: The Wings are once again too small to compete in the playoffs.

I'll again point you here:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...c=42381&hl=

You're an eternal defensive pessimist. The Wings could have 10 future hall-of-famers on the roster and you'd still think up some reason why they couldn't win. Meanwhile whenever the Wings have success we see you singing their praises. The next day, you're back to pessimism.

It's become meaningless by now. To boot, you should really considering thinking about if being so negative gains you anything.

This happens all the time, not just on these boards but on every Wings board I post on - every summer at the start of free agency, we don't sign some player(s) that someone thinks we should, and the sky is falling!! The Wings are not going to get out of the first round unless we get Joe Schmoe, or a Joe Schmoe-type player!!! They're too small!! They don't have enough grit!! We need a pure goal scorer! We have too many finesse players!!

And then there's the trade deadline - the sky is falling!! The Wings are not going to get out of the first round unless we get Joe Schmoe, or a Joe Schmoe-type player!!! They're too small!! They don't have enough grit!! We need a pure goal scorer! We have too many finesse players!!

Then some of us will come on, and say, relax people. Ken Holland et al knows what they are doing. There are plenty of players the Wings could go after, yadda yadda yadda. And someone else will come on and say, where's your faith? You call yourseves Wings fans? Come on, get behind your team!

Sometimes I wish I saved some of those posts and just change the player's names from season to season, cuz it's the same song, different verse. And the song is called Whine, Piss and Moan.

watch Illitch's other team...

This Joe Schmoe person seems pretty cool, I want him on the Wings!