• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Same thing different year.

Rate this topic

Here we go again, I don't understand some of you. First off Bertuzzi, damaged goods and over payed. Holland smart move in my oppinion. Way to not pay 4 mill for a loafer who is way past his golden years. Second we lost Lang why all the bitching, he slow as hell and has no passion, have fun in Chicago. Calder went to L.A. over achieved just after playing 12 decent games. And Schneider isnt getting any younger and Rafalski wants to be here and wants to win with Detroit. I feel tomorrow we will see Hasek resign. And by ends week will see another forward or two dawn the Winged Wheel. And for the whining ******* shut the hell up we got rid of slow waste s of space players. Holland will make you all choke on your words once again.

GO WINGS

Guest Crymson

2 forwards? Who Guerin and Yashin? Its the best , Kenny left it till too long. Hes gotta make a trade , because Babcock will not play Hudler.

Will your moaning and portents of doom make you feel better?

Ok this is the way I see it.

Losing Schneider is not a big deal because we signed Rafalski who is just as good, if anything a little better, for pretty much the same price. We lost Lang who for the most part was a liability out there and half the time this forum was calling for him to be dumped to the 4th line. So letting Lang go was without doubt the correct move, and let the Hawks pay him $4 million. Then there’s Calder who barely played more than 5 minutes per game in the playoffs so it’s hard to even think of him as a “lossâ€Â.

The only one I’m disappointing with leaving is Bertuzzi because he gave us something we lacked; physicality. But of course Anaheim paid him more than we were willing to and they certainly took a gamble, but I think he’s worth it.

Lost:

Schneider

Lang

Bertuzzi

Calder

Markov*

Gained:

Rafalski

Cap space

A whole lot of losses, but really, none of them are too significant and we’re just cutting the dead wood.

I'm not upset over everything that has happened so far, the Schneider hurt a little until we got Rafalski.

but other than that, i don't want lang, bert was to much for his price, calder was OK but not great, and Markov is very replaceable.

Guest jaytan

...I feel tomorrow we will see Hasek resign....

I hope so. I'd love to see him resign and go enjoy his retirement in the Czech republic.

As much faith as I have in Holland to get things done (and God knows he has) and as much faith as I have in the team we have right now, I'm still concerned with where we are.

We're seeing a bunch of teams spend to the brim and go out and get things done. We saw the Rangers beef up by taking 2 of the most eligible free agents out there, Philadelphia is rearing for a big comeback with how they're beefing up, Anaheim looks like they aren't going to slow down, even if Selanne and Niedermayer do retire, and most of the top free agents that would've helped the wings out the most spread themselves out over various teams.

Now as of right now I'm content with the replacement of Schneider (although not so much the price), and I like that Lang and Calder have left us. Unfortunately I'm not happy with our need for an all-out sniper, nor with our sudden decrease in physicality, and with the money we have I think those two things are our biggest priorities. Having looked at the free agency market I'm fairly disappointed in the choices but things definitely could be worse. I know the wings are in a good situation, but I'm not convinced that we're in the best situation for winning the cup next year.

With that said, I know Holland has rarely steered us down a bad path and I know there has to be some logical explanation why he seems to be holding back on the market. I just hope that explanation will get the wings what they need to get to the finals next year.

Guest jaytan

I'm usually the first guy to criticize bringing back former Wings just for the hell of it, but I'm kind of hoping that this strange path involves signing Shanny to a reasonable deal that would allow him to finish his career with the team he had the most success with. New York is already a contender without him, and while I've been too lazy (and sucky) to find out what their cap room situation is, maybe they can't afford him right now?

I love that we got Rafalski. He's better and younger than Scheister, and he's a good local boy. But losing Bert really pissed me off. He's been one of my favorite players for years, and I dreamt about seeing him play for Detroit. The guy must have a great agent.

Edited by jaytan

...lets get Adam Hall (26 yrs. 6'3" 210lbs.) & Bill Guerin. Resign Hasek and bring up Kindl or Meech. Let Markov go and give his spot to Quincey...

...maybe give Mike Comrie a call...

Guerin Datsyuk Holmstrom

Fillpula Zetterberg Samuelson (Grigs)

Franzen Comrie Hall

Cleary Draper Maltby

(Kopecky)

Lidstrom Rafalski

Chelios Ledba

Lilja Kronwall

Quincey (Kindl/Meech)

Hasek

Osgood

(Howard)

...I think Hall and Comrie would fit in great here (both CCHA (Michigan & M. State) they love to throw the body, won't cost too much and can be around for a few years. Guerin just has so much upside to his game (so he's older, he can still fly and hit and score.)

Edited by LeftWinger

Yeah I agree with the Discussion, I don't understand the panic. Look at St. Louis, Nashville/Hamilton/KC, Chicago, and Columbus, we pretty much have the Central Division won again. We're guaranteed atleast the 3rd seed in the Conference.

We're fine.....

Some of you who say I am dissapointed the question is WHY??? You honestly want to pay Bert 4 Mill for 2 yrs??? Give me a break, dont get me wrong I was excited when we got him via deadiline, but after watching him play, I was anticipating the Bert of old. I wanted to see him slam people in the boards use his size to his strength and be able beat smalller defenders. The problem is he didnt he was slow, he has great hands and thats about it. I remember watching the playoffs him standing in front and as the D shot it he flinched away. Give me a break. I want a guy whos gonna sacrafice his body, even if he was injured. Just thinking of Rafalski and Lidstrom on the same team makes me jump for joy. We have Kindl who as well all know maybe cracking the line up this year. And trust me Holland will get a defencemen to make up for a Markov loss. Grigs will most likely make the team add a couple free agent forwards, that can put the puck in the net and bam we have a team again. ;) Let me say I would love to get all the big free agent names, hell thats what I do on NHL 07 but its not gonna happen, and s*** I sure dont want to pay a small guy like Gomez 7 mill. Or what some of these guys got on the open market. Again everyone will ride us off this season since we didnt take all the big free agents, but we will be back on top of the standings and the Western Conference. Enjoy the ride and offseason. Because as we know it if Hasek resigns this will be his last year.

GO WINGS

Yeah I agree with the Discussion, I don't understand the panic. Look at St. Louis, Nashville/Hamilton/KC, Chicago, and Columbus, we pretty much have the Central Division won again. We're guaranteed atleast the 3rd seed in the Conference.

We're fine.....

I could not agree with you more. All our guys who have left so far - I'm personally glad they're out of Motown... for the most part.

Lang - Goodnight. This guy has been hard to watch this past season, and for how much he is making, it is disturbing.

Calder - Not a bad player, but he obviously wasn't getting the job done, he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs most of the time.

Schneider - I'm gunna miss him, but for his age, he should not be commanding such a high salary, ... still kinda sad to see him go but Rafalski will replace him nicely.

Bertuzzi - When the wings acquired him on the deadline, I was shocked. I could see how they wanted to improve the club by adding a big body and possibly a scoring threat upfront, but why risk it on a guy like Bertuzzi? I doubt he will ever be as good as he once was. And for 4 mil, no dice.

We need to resign Markov, because as good as Rafalski is, he is not physical enough. We were lacking physical defencemen last season, and by adding Rafalski, we get another small, puck-moving defenseman. We still will not get the intimidating D-man we truly need.

But as you said, We're fine..

Here we go again, I don't understand some of you. First off Bertuzzi, damaged goods and over payed. Holland smart move in my oppinion. Way to not pay 4 mill for a loafer who is way past his golden years. Second we lost Lang why all the bitching, he slow as hell and has no passion, have fun in Chicago. Calder went to L.A. over achieved just after playing 12 decent games. And Schneider isnt getting any younger and Rafalski wants to be here and wants to win with Detroit. I feel tomorrow we will see Hasek resign. And by ends week will see another forward or two dawn the Winged Wheel. And for the whining ******* shut the hell up we got rid of slow waste s of space players. Holland will make you all choke on your words once again.

GO WINGS

i know i put this on other posts but the wings did not sign hull until august in 2002

Guest jaytan

Yeah, but who's going to be left by then? Everyone's signing quick because the salaries are getting too high.

Are any head coaches on the market?

Yeah, but who's going to be left by then? Everyone's signing quick because the salaries are getting too high.

i m just saying people need to step back from the ledges the off season is not over

Like one poster said we didnt get hull untill August. RFA are still available. And no offence the players that signed were way overpaid. Holland is not stupid, the upper managment knows what the team needs are and will address them accordingly. Hoepfully.

And why would you want another head coach??? Babcock is the perfect coach for this team. Oh beacuse he says it how it is. And doesnt take s*** from any of the players, and if a player takes night off have fun sitting on the bench. Sorry but I do not want Dave Lewis back, or any coach for that matter. If you cant handle the heat from a coach then dont play. Go play somewhere else with a nice coach and dont win s***. I have seen it to much through high school sports. Kids bitching cause there coach is to hard on them. Welcome to life. Life is hard if you cant handle a coach have fun in the real world.

Like one poster said we didnt get hull untill August. RFA are still available. And no offence the players that signed were way overpaid. Holland is not stupid, the upper managment knows what the team needs are and will address them accordingly. Hoepfully.

And why would you want another head coach??? Babcock is the perfect coach for this team. Oh beacuse he says it how it is. And doesnt take s*** from any of the players, and if a player takes night off have fun sitting on the bench. Sorry but I do not want Dave Lewis back, or any coach for that matter. If you cant handle the heat from a coach then dont play. Go play somewhere else with a nice coach and dont win s***. I have seen it to much through high school sports. Kids bitching cause there coach is to hard on them. Welcome to life. Life is hard if you cant handle a coach have fun in the real world.

this team this year in the playoffs overcame a ton of injuries and made it to the final four why get a new coach

I could not agree with you more. All our guys who have left so far - I'm personally glad they're out of Motown... for the most part.

Lang - Goodnight. This guy has been hard to watch this past season, and for how much he is making, it is disturbing.

Calder - Not a bad player, but he obviously wasn't getting the job done, he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs most of the time.

Schneider - I'm gunna miss him, but for his age, he should not be commanding such a high salary, ... still kinda sad to see him go but Rafalski will replace him nicely.

Bertuzzi - When the wings acquired him on the deadline, I was shocked. I could see how they wanted to improve the club by adding a big body and possibly a scoring threat upfront, but why risk it on a guy like Bertuzzi? I doubt he will ever be as good as he once was. And for 4 mil, no dice.

We need to resign Markov, because as good as Rafalski is, he is not physical enough. We were lacking physical defencemen last season, and by adding Rafalski, we get another small, puck-moving defenseman. We still will not get the intimidating D-man we truly need.

But as you said, We're fine..

- Come on are you serious Markov doesnt compare to Rafalski do you even watch hockey?? Two toatlly different defencemen, Also are you reallly gonna cry if we lose markov, there a handfull of D that can replace him. Stuart, Sopel, etc. Check the free agent lists. We will be fine.

- Come on are you serious Markov doesnt compare to Rafalski do you even watch hockey?? Two toatlly different defencemen, Also are you reallly gonna cry if we lose markov, there a handfull of D that can replace him. Stuart, Sopel, etc. Check the free agent lists. We will be fine.

Sorry didnt read your post throughly, Just to add rafalski doesnt need to hit, is Lidstrom a powerhouse back there?? No. Smart mobile defencemen.

Sorry didnt read your post throughly, Just to add rafalski doesnt need to hit, is Lidstrom a powerhouse back there?? No. Smart mobile defencemen.

I don't believe I said anywhere that Markov is better than Rafalski, I just made the point about Rafalski being small and a puck handler. We already have Brett Lebda, the definition of a small Dman. Sure Markov may not be sniping the top shelf from the blue line, but ask any guy in the NHL and they'll tell you that he is no treat to play against. By the way, I'm not saying Rafalski doesn't hit or anything, but he just isn't as feisty as the M man.