• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

REVENGE?

Rate this topic

Alright im not sure how people are going to feel about this.....but here it goes.

The ducks seem to be picking up all of our garbage and sloppy seconds.

First Matty now Bert.

Now im going to miss bertuzzi i dont really care what anyone else says, i think he would have been perfect here and i think he will have a big season next year.

But thats not the point of this topic. The thing is i just heard that Selanne is a free agent....the man that beat us in the playoffs and put up what 94 points last season? The ducks seem so caught up in stealing all of the former wings, but i havent heard much of him in the free agent market. I'd love to take this guy off of the ducks hands.

Alright i see three objections coming

1) injury prone

If you ask me, yes he has had some injuries, but coming off a 94 point season, looking as good as he did, i just cant see that as being a big issue when we took a chance on Bert.

2) not the size we are looking for

Alright....but who is left in the market that is the size we are looking for? Souray? Yashin? I think the scoring touch makes up for lack of size.

3) age

I dont think we have to talk about this much. Most of our best players have been older guys. Lidstrom, chelli, YZERMAN. Hes still got some gas left in the tank.

I dunno what do you guys think?

Selanne will retire if he doesn't sign with the ducks. I don't see him wanting to go anywhere else. Maybe the blues to play with princess paula but other than that there's no way he'd come here.

i think he will retire

.....but if he does stay, the wings do have a thing for old players :rolleyes:

Selanne will never be anything else but a Duck and he will never uproot his family to live in the snow like he did when they went to Colorado. SoCal is his "happy place" and it's either here or Finland.

I would s*** my pants if he ended up in Detroit, but I've been hearing he may retire, and if he didn't, the odds of us actually getting him seem quite slim

Zero, but yeah basically.

Honestly, even if he's not big I'd pick him up in a heartbeat. We aren't going to get gritty right now, plus the guy can score like ******* whoa. Check TSN if you want the proof-pudding:

IPB Image

--Selanne

But really it's about as much a dream as us getting Bert. This would make up for it... in another lifetime <_<

The guy just scored 48 goals and won the Cup. Of course he is retiring. But if not, he will defiantly be back with the Ducks.

speaking of revenge, just sign Mac and tell him to send a message to bertuzzi

"Don't go bankrupt."

:lol: that's mean.... poor Mac, I wonder how he's doing

Edited by Flip-check

speakin of Mac. whats his deal? is he gonna retire after that injury? i know he still needs to play cause he needs money, but what teams would take him and i wonder what hes got left in the tank. would anyone be opposed to signing him as like a 13th forward to fill holes if players get hurt? pay him league minimum and only play a couple games a year. i doubte it but thats the only way i ever see him being a wing again

Selanne is one of my favorite players, but he won't be coming here. He'll retire a Duck, if not this season then next.

Nice thought, though. :)

And I hope Mac is OK, but I don't want him back. I am nostalgic at times for the 2002 crew, but we are OK without him. I hope he has a better year this season in Calgary. He remains one of my favorites.

Let's sign Rampage Jackson and teach him how to skate. Don't even give him a helmet or a stick, just let him skate around staring players down. That should take care of the grit everyone wants.

Just kidding, on a serious note, the Ducks are going to have a hard time keeping Penner, and if Selanne returns you can kiss Penner good bye. SO I am hoping selanne comes back for another year and the wings throw a huge check at penner.