• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Superman54

In Who Do We Trust?

Rate this topic

Now that Bertuzzi has been signed (and i know some of you are mad and some are happy) I want to know who you guys believe or want to be the next guy to become a wing.

Edited by Superman54

Seeing as how we are moving away from big and physical more toward puck possession and speed; Kozlov is looking to be a good bet on a move Kenny will make.

I still want a POWER forward. Not Franzen, Calder, or Bertuzzi (although he would have sufficed). I just don't see any out there. AND DON'T ANYONE SAY GUERIN!!!

Seeing as how we are moving away from big and physical more toward puck possession and speed; Kozlov is looking to be a good bet on a move Kenny will make.

I still want a POWER forward. Not Franzen, Calder, or Bertuzzi (although he would have sufficed). I just don't see any out there. AND DON'T ANYONE SAY GUERIN!!!

id get guerin for 2 years ... he could still play and his big ...

How about Lindros... :D

The only problem with Kozzie is, like most of out players he is getting up there. I think that our incredible scouting staff should find us some more young Europeans to bring over. But, until then Kozzie I think has enough gas in the tank to help us out, in bringing some of our guys out into the NHL like say...Hudler? But I'm thinking that he isn't going to be sticking around which is too bad because I really think he has potential.

Guest Agalloch

Forsberg is who I want. Kozlov is probably who we'll end up with.

Guest Agalloch

I'm 99% sure Forsberg isn't going back to the Avs.

Smyth - Sakic - Brunette

Wolski - Stastny - Hejduk

They don't need anymore forwards. They need defense.

I don't want Forsberg. He is damaged goods, plus I hate him.

Zubrus, O'Neil, Guerin. Those are the guys. If the Wings don't get any of them, well then we will have to get others to step up.

Hell, just get all three of them and move the two that suck for someone that doesn't. It is do-able.

I say go after Zubrus if you can. He's a big RW (listed at 6'4" 226 lbs) is only 29 years old and his past 2 seasons have been pretty good on a bad Washington team.

23-34-57 in 71 games in 05/06 and 24-36-60 in 79 games this past season.

We need a sniper to fill the hole from Shanny that we never recovered from on the powerplay. He'd fit in well with Datsyuk as his wing.

He'd give us good size and a potential 30 goal scorer if he gets motivated and gels with our team.

I say go after Zubrus if you can. He's a big RW (listed at 6'4" 226 lbs) is only 29 years old and his past 2 seasons have been pretty good on a bad Washington team.

23-34-57 in 71 games in 05/06 and 24-36-60 in 79 games this past season.

We need a sniper to fill the hole from Shanny that we never recovered from on the powerplay. He'd fit in well with Datsyuk as his wing.

He'd give us good size and a potential 30 goal scorer if he gets motivated and gels with our team.

How much do you think he would sign for?

and what about Oneil?

Plus Zubrus is another Russian. I am sure that would make Datsyuk happy, and maybe they would have some chemistry between them.

Assets:

Has a huge frame and knows how to use it to protect the puck. Owns a nifty set of hands and a nose for the net. Still displays untapped offensive upside.

6'4" and 226 lbs!! Sounds like a younger and healthier Bertuzzi-type player to me!!!

No chance Shanahan would come back. I seriously doubt you'd ever convince Forsberg to sign here. NO WAY IN HELL DO I WANT LINDROS. Bill Guerin, I'll pass, thanks. I'd rather have Slava Kozlov back.

Would Zubrus be worth taking a chance on?

Edited by Kira

No chance Shanahan would come back. I seriously doubt you'd ever convince Forsberg to sign here. NO WAY IN HELL DO I WANT LINDROS. Bill Guerin, I'll pass, thanks. I'd rather have Slava Kozlov back.

Would Zubrus be worth taking a chance on?

I really think so. Him play with Datsuyk would be amazing, and considering he is 6'4".