• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Where is the Loyalty?

Rate this topic

Doesn’t anyone believe in sticking around and staying with one team for a decent amount of time anymore? Take Markov for example, “Defenseman Danny Markov rejected a contract offer from the Wings last week at the entry draft in Columbus and is not expected to return.â€Â

We gave him a healthy salary for 2006/07 despite the fact he’s injury prone, and yet he rejects our offer probably to get a bit more $$$ from a mediocre team. There is just no loyalty in sports anymore and it's sickening. It’s all about the money.

Doesn’t anyone believe in sticking around and staying with one team for a decent amount of time anymore? Take Markov for example, “Defenseman Danny Markov rejected a contract offer from the Wings last week at the entry draft in Columbus and is not expected to return.â€Â

We gave him a healthy salary for 2006/07 despite the fact he’s injury prone, and yet he rejects our offer probably to get a bit more $$$ from a mediocre team. There is just no loyalty in sports anymore and it's sickening. It’s all about the money.

Loyalty? What the hell is that? Are you making words up now?

Loyalty went out the window when guys like Yzerman retire, now its all about the money.

Markov aint worth the money at all. he wants to reject it let him.

I WANT SHANNY BACK........

and Yzerman needs to come out of retirement.

There have been so many loyal players for the Red Wings in recent years, I can't see any reason to complain. Shanny, Yzerman, Lidstrom, Draper, Maltby, Osgood, D-Mac, and so on.

We are just spoiled Aussie. More than most other teams have been I'd say.

Loyalty is a meer memory. In the new NHL is about the $$$ or no chance. Home town discounts are now 6 million dollars.

I still wish players would drop there greedy agents and negociate themselves and not take up 1/3 of the cap with there salary.

I really wish McCarty could turn back in to the McCarty of old and come back. Hell , theres not much left on the FA market , I'd take Shanny back in an instant.

There have been so many loyal players for the Red Wings in recent years, I can't see any reason to complain. Shanny, Yzerman, Lidstrom, Draper, Maltby, Osgood, D-Mac, and so on.

Yeh you’re right. We’ve had plenty of guys take reduced salaries; Zetterberg for example would have to be one of the biggest bargains in the league.

But we took a chance on Markov last off-season and gave him a chance to win the Cup. And yet after 1 season that’s it, he’s going to pack up and leave just because he wants a bit more $$$.

Players that bounce from one team to another really don’t deserve a whole lot of respect.

Guest Crymson

Some members of the team are loyal. Some, like Bertuzzi, are attracted to it but choose to leave anyway. Good riddance in the end, I say.

Our team is built off of loyalty. This is what makes it special.

And then there are guys like Cheli who stay and sign because they love it here. And now I hear that Brian Rafalski took less money to come here because it's home. Now that I like.

You could throw Homer and also Pasha in on that too.

It's always been that way... it's not the "new nhl" that makes people jump ship for money, it's life. period.

Money matters more than it should though when these guys are making it like this.

Our team is built off of loyalty. This is what makes it special.

Our team really isn't built off loyalty, it's built by what inspires loyalty: managerial smarts and the fruits of success. People aren't loyal "just because", they stay aboard ships that give them reason to stay aboard

But on the money issues of life aside, some people value different reasons more than other reasons... and thus the whole debacle

Why should the players be loyal if the teams won't be...it makes no sense. Look at our most loyal Red Wing...yes...Ozzie. They said they'd keep him, but the moment Dom became available they waived him...well. What of that? I never heard anyone bitching about the Wing's loyalty to Ozzie.

Loyalty be a two way street... Guys wants more than one year so they go t' th' crew that offers more than one year t' them...

You could throw Homer and also Pasha in on that too.

Oh yeah, I know. You and Wings_Dynasty have the same Avatar. Wings Dynasty might get mad if he/she sees you stole that avatar from them!!

Why should the players be loyal if the teams won't be...it makes no sense. Look at our most loyal Red Wing...yes...Ozzie. They said they'd keep him, but the moment Dom became available they waived him...well. What of that? I never heard anyone bitching about the Wing's loyalty to Ozzie.

Thats a good example as Ozzie is the most loyal wing. But they did what was best for the team , why let Ozzie rot behind Dom back then when Ozzie was a quality starter.

Loyalty be a two way street... Guys wants more than one year so they go t' th' crew that offers more than one year t' them...
Aye Professor Booty. Thank you!! :lol::lol:

Thats a good example as Ozzie is the most loyal wing. But they did what was best for the team , why let Ozzie rot behind Dom back then when Ozzie was a quality starter.

That's what I'm saying.

At the end of the day the Red Wing's AREN'T loyal....they do what's best for the team.

And the players, more or less, have to follow suit.

How about that Bertuzzi called Anaheim??????

http://www.mightyducks.com/press/release/a...707&id=1774

well that sucks. Although he says that it was after he knew that he wasnt doing anything with the Wings.....

I agree, we are lucky to have/had guys like that play for us.

Ozzie could have flipped them all if he wanted to, so it pretty much evened out.

Oh yeah, I know. You and Wings_Dynasty have the same Avatar. Wings Dynasty might get mad if he/she sees you stole that avatar from them!!

I didn't steal it from him - it was my photograph in the first place! It's not quite the same, and yes, he asked permission first, which I gladly gave him. Kinda makes me feel good that my work is considered good enough by someone else to be wanted. Wish I was. :(

Edited by Kira

Ozzie could have flipped them all if he wanted to, so it pretty much evened out.

That is true. The fact that Ozzie didn't flip the whole organization says a lot for Ozzie's character and should teach us all about forgiveness.

Actually now that I think about it...that's probably why Bert left. He wanted to get far away from Ozzie :P

Hey its business. If another company offered me a job and the price was right, I would give my 2 weeks and be gone. You gotta look out for yourself and make what you feel is the best decision. Besides Bert was her for what 2-3 months, and Markov 1 season.

Hey its business. If another company offered me a job and the price was right, I would give my 2 weeks and be gone. You gotta look out for yourself and make what you feel is the best decision. Besides Bert was her for what 2-3 months, and Markov 1 season.

:clap::clap:

I jus' got a promotion 'n fer all I 'ave done fer th' crew th' last 7 years... I was mighty dissapointed wit' th' financial repect they showed me... so I be current actively lookin' fer th' next higher bidder... I can nah fault any o' them.

That is true. The fact that Ozzie didn't flip the whole organization says a lot for Ozzie's character and should teach us all about forgiveness.

Actually now that I think about it...that's probably why Bert left. He wanted to get far away from Ozzie :P

That's so sad. Those two were becoming BFF. lol

Haha remember when Ozzie stuffed all his equipment in Todd's locker, and Bert started picking on him and supposedly did something to his Pads. Oz told him that he should trying scoring goals first, then mess with him. LOL

That's so sad. Those two were becoming BFF. lol

Haha remember when Ozzie stuffed all his equipment in Todd's locker, and Bert started picking on him and supposedly did something to his Pads. Oz told him that he should trying scoring goals first, then mess with him. LOL

WHAT!?!?!? :o

No wonder Bertuzzi left!!!

Damn it Ozzie!!! :angry:

:hehe: