• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Roster as it stands;

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

...Adam Hall(grit), Mike Comrie(grit) & Bill Guerin(grit) should cost less than $6MM. Leaving $2MM for the trade deadline.

Filpulla Datsyuk Homer

Guerin Zetterberg Samuelson

Franzen Comrie Hall

Cleary Draper Maltby

(Kopecky, Grigs)

Lidstrom Chelios

Kronwall Rafalski

Lilja Ledba

(Quncey/Kindl/Meech)

Hasek

Osgood

(Howard)

...piece of cake. Kenny get it done!

Hall, Comrie, and Guerin are exactly what we do not need. Did you see Guerin in the playoffs? Plus, he doesn't fit the mold of the Wings. Hall just sucks. Comrie is yet ANOTHER center.

Wasn't this whole "step back" supposed to happen 2 years ago?

God damn it. Bertuzzi is not going to make or break this team. Stop ruffleing you're feathers because the Wings lost him. He played a grand total of 15 games last season. My prediction is he'll play 8 next season.

All of you guys can piss off. Everybody on this board and their grandmothers hated Schneider during the season, and now those same people think it was a mistake losing him. Holland goes out and signs a better replacenment in Brian Rafalski, and nobody hardly says a thing. Everybody is so focused on losing Schneider, who is older and not as good as Rafalski. And then we lost Bertuzzi, and you all are ready to throw in the towel. Ridiculous. ******* God damn ridiculous.

As I said, all of you can piss off. People who should be mad are Sabres, Devils, and Islanders fans. Wings fans should not though. But hey, this is the same thing every year. I'm talking to the wall basically.

...relax dude, the most of us agree with you. The Wings were already in first place last season before the aquired Bertuzzi. We aren't going to miss him. Most people who are bitching are mad because they didn't land one of the big 10 UFA's!

...all we need are some small signings to add some desire and grit to the team, which is why I am hoping for Hall, Comrie and Guerin. They all play with a mean streak and can also add some scoring...

...if we start the season with the current roster, then we'll panic...

Samuelsson can give you 25-30 goals playing with Zetterberg in a top 6 spot (as in '06) so I'm not gonna pull my hair out if he's in the top 6 to start the season. IMO Holland should get creative here. I'd go get a 3rd or 4th line center and sign a winger like Guerin to a two year deal. Here's how I'd go into next season......

Flip-Datsyuk-Guerin

Sammy-Hank-Homer

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Kopecky-UFA-Hudler or Kopecky-Hudler-Grigs

....Grigs will get his shot to push either Kopecky or Hudler out of a spot. If Hudler improves his overall game this off-season and plays well while Sammy struggles, you can pop Hudler up with Homer and Hank and be fine with Sammy as a 4th liner providing scoring depth. Or you could move Huidler back to center and NOT sign a UFA and have a kid line of Kopecky-Hudler-Grigs. You break up Dats and Hank and you immediately have a solid 2nd line with Sammy and Homer that will at least do well enough to have success through the regular season. Flip does well on Datsyuk's wing and Guerin gives you a right-handed shot. If Holland wants more dynamic scoring or size he can make a move come the deadline. You cannot tell me that this line-up wont get Detroit another 100+ point season and a Central title.

Edited by RedRum #1

Hall, Comrie, and Guerin are exactly what we do not need. Did you see Guerin in the playoffs? Plus, he doesn't fit the mold of the Wings. Hall just sucks. Comrie is yet ANOTHER center.

Hall doesn't suck, Comrie can be the #3 center, the others are better on the wing and Guerin would thrive with Dats or Zetterberg...

...add those three to our roster and we get a helluva lot better!

Edited by LeftWinger

Wasn't this whole "step back" supposed to happen 2 years ago?

God damn it. Bertuzzi is not going to make or break this team. Stop ruffleing you're feathers because the Wings lost him. He played a grand total of 15 games last season. My prediction is he'll play 8 next season.

All of you guys can piss off. Everybody on this board and their grandmothers hated Schneider during the season, and now those same people think it was a mistake losing him. Holland goes out and signs a better replacenment in Brian Rafalski, and nobody hardly says a thing. Everybody is so focused on losing Schneider, who is older and not as good as Rafalski. And then we lost Bertuzzi, and you all are ready to throw in the towel. Ridiculous. ******* God damn ridiculous.

As I said, all of you can piss off. People who should be mad are Sabres, Devils, and Islanders fans. Wings fans should not though. But hey, this is the same thing every year. I'm talking to the wall basically.

It is a discussion board...what did you expect.

Im aware they made no difference. I know Rafalski is better , I was hoping we'd sign him. But Samuelson on the top line is horrible and you know it. Franzen isnt as bad because hes huge and showed he can score some goals. Still wouldnt mind Kenny signing another top 6 forward and a couple gritty guys like May or Fedoruk.

You realize that the Wings already have a full forward core right? You want Holland to get "a couple gritty guys" and a top six forward?

Looks like you're going to be let down either way.

Holland's going to get a top six forward, be it through free agency or trade.

Edited by ARice89

You realize that the Wings already have a full forward core right? You want Holland to get "a couple gritty guys" and a top six forward?

Looks like you're going to be let down either way.

Holland's going to get a top six forward, be it through free agency or trade.

...do you care to list their full forward core? Kopecky is not a guarntee, Hudler is unsigned, so if can list 13 more guys, then we'll stop all this aquire someone stuff...

...do you care to list their full forward core? Kopecky is not a guarntee, Hudler is unsigned, so if can list 13 more guys, then we'll stop all this aquire someone stuff...

You're right, Holland's going to sign three more forwards.

:rolleyes:

You guys set yourselves up for disappointment. The Wings currently have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Draper, Samuelsson, Franzen, Maltby, Grigorenko, Filppula, Cleary, and Kopecky under contract. Kopecky was in the lineup at the beginning of last season and in the Anaheim series. He's going to play. That's 11 forwards not including Hudler. Holland wants to sign one top six forward to round out the lineup.

EDIT: I see you've added your "wishlist" to your signature. So, I say once again, prepare to be disappointed. This happens all too often here and with some pretty random players. Adam Hall? Yeah, Adam Hall is the answer to all our grit problems! Give me a break. The only one that has a shot of coming here is Guerin.

I can't wait to see the "OMG KENNY WTF?!" when he doesn't sign Adam ******* Hall.

Edited by ARice89

Islanders reportedly are making a huge trade with a westren conference team.....maybe wings, you never knooooow.

The Islanders don't really have anyone that would be considered huge. I could see the Wings being interested in Satan.

The Islanders don't really have anyone that would be considered huge. I could see the Wings being interested in Satan.

How bout Yashin! woo... alright then I'll be quiet now. :D

This guy they are trying to deal has a no trade clause...quick someone tell me all the players on Islanders that have a no trade clause!

Where are you getting this from?

I’d gladly take Andrew "Red Light" Raycroft is he can recapture his 2003/04 form.

Sorry to bother you all, but has anyone heard any rumors of anything the dallas stars are doing. Just so you all know, on our message boards, things are just as sour as they are here. At least you all have GM you can trust...

I can't think of anybody on the Islanders that the Wings would be trading for.

Sorry to bother you all, but has anyone heard any rumors of anything the dallas stars are doing. Just so you all know, on our message boards, things are just as sour as they are here. At least you all have GM you can trust...

The Stars have been pretty quiet with limited cap space. Stars lack cap space, eyeing Kozlov. Haven't seen much else beyond re-signing Zubov.

I can't think of anybody on the Islanders that the Wings would be trading for.

The Stars have been pretty quiet with limited cap space. Stars lack cap space, eyeing Kozlov. Haven't seen much else beyond re-signing Zubov.

Just what the Stars need, ANOTHER worthless 2 way player. Oh by the way, we now have 9.7 million to spend, and have done NOTHING. All of our fans are very disgruntled..

Just what the Stars need, ANOTHER worthless 2 way player. Oh by the way, we now have 9.7 million to spend, and have done NOTHING. All of our fans are very disgruntled..

It will happen...just be patient, im trying to be.