• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Roster as it stands;

Rate this topic

Guest snowman89

The Wings need a top 6 scoring forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny wants to add an experienced Dman as well.

If Dom doesn't come back, there are plenty of options. For instance, a trade with Toronto for Raycroft. Belfour, ect..

Kenny should sign Justin Abdelkader from MSU and bring him up, he is close after the National Title run with the spartans. There is plenty of guys that step in straight from the CCHA and play. He is a gritty and hard working forward.

Yes, let's get Andrew "Red Light" Raycroft to be our number one goalie. Or Ed Belfour, whom seems to have a run in with the law every other day (he's also old and bad).

I belive the nickname 'Red Light' belongs to Vincent Riendeau, but nice try.

Regardless, all I'm saying is if Dom doesn't sign, there are other options. Despite what you may think, both those guys can play.

another D isn't essential..

but yes..crazy dom is a must, as is some forward ability.

And who do we have in depth..

Hudler might not come back.

Grigenko unproven and a rook to boot.

Ellis? - he's a grinder

Bootland? - bah...

Mursak, Helm and Emmerton arn't ready yet...

I would have liked Owen Nolan, but he's gone to Calgary.

i'm just worried that were going to be relying on a 42 year old goal tender and defense to carry us this year, and...hmm...well boring hockey much?

I pretty much agree with all that too.

Hudler and Meech will be resigned and Quicney will spend most of the year in the minors because he can do so without having to clear waivers.

Raycroft and Belfour suck I hope the Wings stay away from both.

Howard had a terrible first half last year and the Wings want him to have a good full year in the minors before keeping him up with the big club.

If Hasek doesn't sign we'll probably see Belfour here before Raycroft.

another D isn't essential..

i didn't even think the rafalski signing was essential, or necessary..

we're incredibly deep in D considering

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Chelios

Lebda

Lilja

QUincy

Meech

Ericsson

Kindl

add to that Rafalski now..

we really don;t need another defenseman..

but yes..crazy dom is a must, as is some forward ability.

at this stage if Dats and Zett go down, we are UTTERLY f***ed with our current crop of fowards.

And who do we have in depth..

Hudler might not come back.

Grigenko unproven and a rook to boot.

Ellis? - he's a grinder

Bootland? - bah...

Mursak, Helm and Emmerton arn't ready yet...

it's ugly out there folks...

i'm not saying we should have signed Bertuzzi or Calder, because they were both busts, but a couple of non touted FA's would have been nice. Nagy, or Handzuz maybe. I would have liked Owen Nolan, but he's gone to Calgary.

i'm just worried that were going to be relying on a 42 year old goal tender and defense to carry us this year, and...hmm...well boring hockey much?

the wings bored the pants off me last year, and they get even more defensive i'll go stark raving mad. not duck supporting mad though

I wasn't excited about the Rafalski signing either. Not that I don't like him; to the contrary I think he is a VERY good player. But, there is a ton of young talent in the system and I don't think it's too far fetched to think that one or more them may be able to contribute this year. The depth up front should have been addressed first, imo.

Eklund has Guerin to Ottawa (e3) hope not.....He also says Shane Hnidy is rumored for Detroit, I don't know who he is.

Next D-man is not what we need most now.

I'd focus on goaltending and two 2nd-3rd line forwards, who are taller than 6" and heavier than 200 lbs.

Those lines are terrible, no offence.

Samuelson and Franzen should not be in our top 6. We've gotten so much weaker over the past 2 days.

Were in huge trouble. And now Kennys gonna wait a while longer. Well , we have another season of Zetterberg and Datsyuk getting cheapshotted by goons on other teams, We have no grit.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Franzen could be in our top six. I'm mixed on Samuelsson. We definitely need to pick up some grit. ANd it looks like we can only do that through trades at this point. Which hurts us even more, because I don't want to mess with the chemistry any more than already has been done. The only player I'd be willing to sacrifice is Samuelsson.

If Forsberg decides to play it will quite probably be for short and quite cheap. A 1 year contract with incentives with Detroit would probably sound quite appealing to him. On the other hand I hope we wait and go after a premier goalscorer like Hossa or Heatley next year...

Those lines are terrible, no offence.

Samuelson and Franzen should not be in our top 6. We've gotten so much weaker over the past 2 days.

Were in huge trouble. And now Kennys gonna wait a while longer. Well , we have another season of Zetterberg and Datsyuk getting cheapshotted by goons on other teams, We have no grit.

What? We lost our second line that sucked anyway. Rafalski is an upgrade over Schneider. Everyone knew that Lang and Calder weren't being offered contracts. Bertuzzi could've gone either way but he was a non-factor in the playoffs.

Everyone panic!

What? We lost our second line that sucked anyway. Rafalski is an upgrade over Schneider. Everyone knew that Lang and Calder weren't being offered contracts. Bertuzzi could've gone either way but he was a non-factor in the playoffs.

Everyone panic!

Im aware they made no difference. I know Rafalski is better , I was hoping we'd sign him. But Samuelson on the top line is horrible and you know it. Franzen isnt as bad because hes huge and showed he can score some goals. Still wouldnt mind Kenny signing another top 6 forward and a couple gritty guys like May or Fedoruk.

Everyone panic!

LOL...exactly...

"Another (defenceman) isn't our priority," Holland said. "We're not looking for anybody significant. If we're going to do something on D, maybe it's a month from now." ... "We've spent $40 million without Hasek and Hudler," Holland said.

Weve plenty of wiggle room, and Hasek is the one we really need to get signed. Holland has something(s) in mind, else he wouldnt be so laid back.

Lang + Calder = No big loss.

Weve replaced Schneider.

Bert hurts the most, but he will be replaced.

Hasek + 1 solid forward and were pretty set. RELAX! :P

I think Kenny is cooking up something with trades, maybe thats why he is laying low in free agency

I think so too, plus the FA's are getting overpaid in many instances so far, so im all for waiting for a bit.

Detroit #1 fan has the right idea...a little grit would help too

We need to get Hasek, and two top six forwards. I really wanted Markov back, but that's not going to happen now, and we need forwards. Our forwards are in horrendous shape right now.

Let's see what Kenny can do. He has, what, eight million? To get Hasek and a couple of forwards. It's looking grim.

...Adam Hall(grit), Mike Comrie(grit) & Bill Guerin(grit) should cost less than $6MM. Leaving $2MM for the trade deadline.

Filpulla Datsyuk Homer

Guerin Zetterberg Samuelson

Franzen Comrie Hall

Cleary Draper Maltby

(Kopecky, Grigs)

Lidstrom Chelios

Kronwall Rafalski

Lilja Ledba

(Quncey/Kindl/Meech)

Hasek

Osgood

(Howard)

...piece of cake. Kenny get it done!

Edited by LeftWinger

Wasn't this whole "step back" supposed to happen 2 years ago?

God damn it. Bertuzzi is not going to make or break this team. Stop ruffleing you're feathers because the Wings lost him. He played a grand total of 15 games last season. My prediction is he'll play 8 next season.

All of you guys can piss off. Everybody on this board and their grandmothers hated Schneider during the season, and now those same people think it was a mistake losing him. Holland goes out and signs a better replacenment in Brian Rafalski, and nobody hardly says a thing. Everybody is so focused on losing Schneider, who is older and not as good as Rafalski. And then we lost Bertuzzi, and you all are ready to throw in the towel. Ridiculous. ******* God damn ridiculous.

As I said, all of you can piss off. People who should be mad are Sabres, Devils, and Islanders fans. Wings fans should not though. But hey, this is the same thing every year. I'm talking to the wall basically.

Edited by Kp-Wings