• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kindlwillbegreat

ZUBRUS with the devils 6 yr deal

Rate this topic

I resisted posting on most of the "would Zubrus be a WingFit" because most posters were so negative and adamant NOT, that , I doubted my own perceptions.

He's good, very good. He was integral to Buffalo's success this year:.. daringly saying, perhaps as much as Drury.

(yeah, not AS much, but I think he was #3 after Chris and Miller. I was a longtime Briere fan until I got schooled by an old-school SabreFriend.... (but that's another subject)

I would have been way vocal calling for him to wear Red if I thouoght that we could afford him. Always knew we couldn't, but daaaannnnngggg.

The worst of this signing is that it DEFINITELY means BUF has the bux to sign Vanek to a great contract. Ohwell.

Huh? Are you sure you arent confusing Zubrus with somebody else? He played 19 games in the regular season for Buffalo, and scored a whopping 4 goals. He then went on to go goal-less in the playoffs. I dont think ive ever been so confused over a post in my life! You've gotta be mixing him up somebody else..

Huh? Are you sure you arent confusing Zubrus with somebody else? He played 19 games in the regular season for Buffalo, and scored a whopping 4 goals. He then went on to go goal-less in the playoffs. I dont think ive ever been so confused over a post in my life! You've gotta be mixing him up somebody else..

I think he was reading Ken Hodge's article on TSN. He also thought the same thing.

On paper, he would seem like a great addition to the Wings. But the few times I've watched him play, I haven't been very impressed; didn't show much intensity or focus.

It'll be interesting to see how he fits into the Devils' system.

Kp & Lou, no, I didn't read the article (although I will read it post this post):

Seriously, don't look at the stats, look at the man's play. He was integral. He made things happen, and did it in such a way that made eveyone else look good.

Kp & Lou, no, I didn't read the article (although I will read it post this post):

Seriously, don't look at the stats, look at the man's play. He was integral. He made things happen, and did it in such a way that made eveyone else look good.

But how in the world can he be as integral as your saying when he didnt even play a 1/4 of the team's games? And its not like Buffalo wasnt already really good prior to him...i guess i just dont see where you're coming from at all. They wouldve been in the exact same position without him.

But how in the world can he be as integral as your saying when he didnt even play a 1/4 of the team's games? And its not like Buffalo wasnt already really good prior to him...i guess i just dont see where you're coming from at all. They wouldve been in the exact same position without him.

He was awesome on the forecheck, finished his checks: in other words, produced. Did what he was paid to do, and then some.

I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe I exaggerated a bit on his overall effect on the team, but not by much.

He was awesome on the forecheck, finished his checks: in other words, produced. Did what he was paid to do, and then some.

I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe I exaggerated a bit on his overall effect on the team, but not by much.

If you're gonna use the word produced im going to have to go back to the stat book! 4 goals in 19 games...that equates to roughly 16 over a full season. He scored 0,...count 'em...0 goals in the playoffs! Thats not doing what you're paid to do. Its exactly the same as somebody saying Kyle Calder was integral for the Wings because of what he did when he came here in the regular season.

If you're gonna use the word produced im going to have to go back to the stat book! 4 goals in 19 games...that equates to roughly 16 over a full season. He scored 0,...count 'em...0 goals in the playoffs! Thats not doing what you're paid to do. Its exactly the same as somebody saying Kyle Calder was integral for the Wings because of what he did when he came here in the regular season.

The stats don't tell the whole story. He did get eight assists and some pretty awsome plays to make the assists. He added a lot of intensity to the game. He created a lot of plays that didn't show up on the stats. He was not caught out of position and added alot of physical pla. Besides which, Lindy was an idiot and changed the line ups which did not work so well.

[edited to say: the above from SabreFriend. I only wish I could take credit for it]

Edited by RedRockit

I just don't know what the Wings can/will do other then trust their farm.

O'neil or Guerin?? I don't like that at all. God damn you Hasek, if you would have just signed before, we could have signed someone.

Rafalski doesn't make a good offseason by himself. What are we going to trade for at the deadline? And what could we possibly trade??!?!