• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Peter Forsberg

Rate this topic

The guy still has skill,that isnt the question. He was one of the few guys energized for us in the playoffs. At least he hasnt had a concussion in like 5 years :). We lost Nagy and Sydor too, we are hurting worse than before on offense, yet NOTHING has happened. Doug Armstrong=Wost GM in the NHL, and I say that on the behalf of all stars fans. At least you guys picked someone up...

Yeah, since then it's been his back and his wrist. He's a vegetable now.

Of course, you'll see someone on these forums suggest that the Wings go out and sign him. Given the fact that he's been rumored to come to Detroit since 2001, it wouldn't surprise me. I still wouldn't like the deal though, unless his 10 games of good play come during the playoffs. :P

Guest Crymson

Yeah I totally see that perspective as well. Especially the "dirty little *****" part. lol But if he can stay healthy, he could be the quality winger that we need. Only if we can get him for a reasonable price of course.

IF!! IF IF IF IF IF IF IF!!!!!

This has ALWAYS been what people have said about Forsberg. IF he can stay healthy. Has he EVER managed to do so? No. We had this exact same discussion before the trade deadline. People said it was a gamble we should take, because 'if' he were healthy, he'd be a great asset. He went to Nashville and promptly sat out most of the next 20 games due to injury.

No. Wishful thinking.

The guy still has skill,that isnt the question. He was one of the few guys energized for us in the playoffs. At least he hasnt had a concussion in like 5 years :). We lost Nagy and Sydor too, we are hurting worse than before on offense, yet NOTHING has happened. Doug Armstrong=Wost GM in the NHL, and I say that on the behalf of all stars fans. At least you guys picked someone up...

I am sorry, the Stars are my favorites, right after the Wings. I adored Lindros, but was very disappointed for the Stars that he just didn't get the magic back in Dallas - I am sure he wanted to. For what it's worth, I really liked what I saw in Nagy, too bad he's gone, really.

Not quite ready to look at Foresbooger in a Stars sweater yet, either. :crazy:

He'd have to be very, very reasonable, since he's spent most of last season nursing a sore ankle and barely played. Last time I paid any attention, he'd been to about 8 different doctors, didn't like any of them, and was upset about not being able to find skates that didn't hurt, after trying a bunch of different customized skates. And he's supposed to be tough enough to play hockey? :blink:

I don't like his sneaky, whiney, diving ways... and probably would never be OK with him in a winged wheel. I am sure Nick Lidstrom - and every other Swede on Earth - loves him to death, but I just never pictured him as fitting in with the guys in Detroit. Of course, people can say the same about Cheli and I love him. I don't see a great deal of up-side unless he plays for peanuts.

Plus, he's creepy looking. :P

that's what I think. heh~

Luv, I despised, with every fibre of my hockey being: Brett Hull.

I never accepted him as a Wing-- hated the "buying of" The Cup in '02. Idid appreciate the effort and sheer talent he put towards our Cup win, but.... he was a hired gun, no more. I tried to like him, I DID cheer his goals, but.... errrrhhggghhh, he still bites big ones.

NOTTAWING. :crazy:

Forsberg: NOTTAWING. Not as his price, and I definitely don't want to know what's in his closet. [veg]

Edited by RedRockit

Luv, I despised, with every fibre of my hockey being: Brett Hull.

I never accepted him as a Wing-- hated the "buying of" The Cup in '02. Idid appreciate the effort and sheer talent he put towards our Cup win, but.... he was a hired gun, no more. I tried to like him, I DID cheer his goals, but.... errrrhhggghhh, he still bites big ones.

NOTTAWING. :crazy:

Forsberg: NOTTAWING. Not as his price, and I definitely don't want to know what's in his closet. [veg]

Sometimes, I think you're me, posting on my behalf, RR. :P

NOTTAWING, love it!!

The initial word was that he would return to Philadelphia. But now with the Hartnell-Timonen-Briere signings, I'm not sure if they could afford him. Apparently now there are rumors that he could indeed return to the Preds on a one year contract, despite earler reports that he was all but done there. He hasn't made his intentions known yet and he probably won't for another couple weeks. I really don't see him in a Wings jersey, and although I'm sure he would love to return to Colorado, I don't know how much cap-space they have left after Smyth and Hannan. My guess is either Flyers, Preds or retirement

Guest jaytan

Can we just sign him to a lengthy deal then refuse to play him? It would be a little pricey, but we'd never have to see that piece of garbage play another NHL game! :)

Can we just sign him to a lengthy deal then refuse to play him? It would be a little pricey, but we'd never have to see that piece of garbage play another NHL game! :)

"Accidentally" pushing him into a volcano is a less expensive and more exciting option.

Guest jaytan

I get a vampire vibe from him, lol. He would look just right in a vamp flick. If he opened his mouth and I saw fangs, I wouldnt be suprised at all. :lol:

A little reindeer told me he's actually a werewolf.

"Accidentally" pushing him into a volcano is a less expensive and more exciting option.

That's what I usually do to my friends once I've grown bored of them.

He'd have to be very, very reasonable, since he's spent most of last season nursing a sore ankle and barely played. Last time I paid any attention, he'd been to about 8 different doctors, didn't like any of them, and was upset about not being able to find skates that didn't hurt, after trying a bunch of different customized skates. And he's supposed to be tough enough to play hockey? :blink:

I don't like his sneaky, whiney, diving ways... and probably would never be OK with him in a winged wheel. I am sure Nick Lidstrom - and every other Swede on Earth - loves him to death, but I just never pictured him as fitting in with the guys in Detroit. Of course, people can say the same about Cheli and I love him. I don't see a great deal of up-side unless he plays for peanuts.

Plus, he's creepy looking. :P

that's what I think. heh~

NO, I don't ever want him on the team. And I wholeheartedly agree on the bolded points above. UGH. Say NO to stupid, diving, whining Peter Forsberg. For the love of God.

Sometimes, I think you're me, posting on my behalf, RR. :P

NOTTAWING, love it!!

I'm honored to read you write that. Thank you so much, of course I don't deserve it.

I'd like to thank all the little people who helped me along the way.... :hehe:

If he were healthy and the force he once was, I guess I wouldn't mind him on the Wings (eww, I just threw up in my mouth a little).

But he's not. He's got that problem foot, or ankle, or hip, or whatever the hell it is. It hasn't gone away and it's likely not gonna this season.

No thanks.

I do not think that I could ever root for Foreskin if he became a Wing. Even if he would play for them and scored the GWG in the finals.

The initial word was that he would return to Philadelphia. But now with the Hartnell-Timonen-Briere signings, I'm not sure if they could afford him. Apparently now there are rumors that he could indeed return to the Preds on a one year contract, despite earler reports that he was all but done there. He hasn't made his intentions known yet and he probably won't for another couple weeks. I really don't see him in a Wings jersey, and although I'm sure he would love to return to Colorado, I don't know how much cap-space they have left after Smyth and Hannan. My guess is either Flyers, Preds or retirement

The Avs still have over 6 mill left in cap room, of course they still have to sign Svatos too.

The Avs still have over 6 mill left in cap room, of course they still have to sign Svatos too.

...who probably will not get much due to the step back he took this season.

Forsberg probably would go back to Colorado. It's where he was the most comfertable in his career. He was mainly a bust in Philly, and Nashville for that matter, so those options should be ruled out.

According to Philly sports radio. If he returns he wants to play for a team that he has already played for in the past. Also that he's looking to be starting the season as a FA.