• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

What now?

Rate this topic

If Atlanta signs Kozlov and Shany goes back to the Rangers, I really have no idea who else we could sign at this point that wouldn't be worthless. We might as well wait for the trade deadline.

If Atlanta signs Kozlov and Shany goes back to the Rangers, I really have no idea who else we could sign at this point that wouldn't be worthless. We might as well wait for the trade deadline.

Give me a break. Just because these guys are former Wings doesn't mean their worth anything.

Shanahan is useless in the playoffs, and doesn't want to play here anyways. Why even suggest him? It would be taking 300 steps back by signing him.

People got to remember how good of staff the wings have. Kenny always listens to his fellow workers and to get input from Steve Yzerman, Jim Nill, Jim Devellano, and Scotty Bowman is a big bonus. They all know what they are doing and I have full faith in them.

Nils Ekman and/or Oleg Saprykin could be great additions. Saprykin had a career year playing with Pheonix. He'd be a 20+ goal scorer playing with Datsyuk.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=18...me=nhl-senators

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1913&hubname=nhl

No Thanks. Saprykin's a 3rd liner.

Hudler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Saprykin

:zzz:

Saprykin is way better then Hudler. Hudler may be able to put up better numbers, but Saprykin, if played with the right people, can put up pretty decent numbers too. He's also much bigger then Hudler, and is a good forechecker.

I really think you're going off here because Saprykin is a Russian. He's not a typical Russian though, since he does play physical down low. He has scoring potential too. Maybe not as much as Hudler, but he still does.

Obviously Saprykin wouldn't be my first choice, since you know me well enough that Arron Asham would be my first choice. Still though, I wouldn't be mad if Holland signed Saprykin. He played very good in the playoffs for Ottawa this year.

1. Kenny will cap off the offseason signing with a depth forward and/or a depth defenseman.

2. The youngsters will be counted on to step up, and they will, helping the team take the conference. Again.

3. Kenny will make two risky signings at the trade deadline, neither of which will significantly address the team's deficiencies, and both of which will surely disappear come the playoffs.

4. Kronwall will be injured in a random knife fight with a bear the day after the trade deadline and will be lost for the postseason.

5. The Wings will face the Preds in the first round and sweep them.

6. They will face the Flames in the second round and take the series in 6.

7. They will face the Ducks in the third round and lose in 6, citing a lack of size, strength, and speed as the cause of their demise.

8. Kenny will go on record as saying, "Obviously the size is an issue. It's something we discussed in the offseason, but the bottom line was that the people we were interested in were either asking for too much money or for too many years. In some cases it was both! But we've got some options that we'll be exploring. Our top priority, though, is to re-sign some of our own guys."

9. Burke will kidnap Zetterberg and slash Kenny's tires, forcing him to use public transportation for at least two days.

10. Kenny will sign the bus driver because he's Swedish.

I have highlighted the names who are actually worth anything.

As you can see, that's 3 out of 10. Schneider doesn't count, since Rafalski is a more then capable replacement. Bertuzzi is the biggest lose, and even that is small, considering he didn't do dick in his short time here. Markov being gone has the grit level go down, which is always a blow to this team, since that's always welcome. Calder was a hard worker, and I liked him here. The others are all either useless AHL scrubs or people who can't crack the Wings lineup, but might somewhere else.

You'll also notice I removed Meech and Hasek. Meech is still under contract. And Hasek is pretty a given to re-sign. So they have been taken off.

Calder disappeared after the playoffs started so he is no loss

Bertuzzi never got going. He was a non-factor in the playoff. It would be great if we had signed Bertuzzi of 2002 but we signed the 2007 version. He may never be as good as he once was so is it really a big loss?

Lang - Now all the sudden people are complaining that he left. He showed very little in the playoffs.

Markov - If Lilja continues to play like the beast that he was in the playoffs, he just replaced Makov. Hopefully this years playoffs was a turning point in Lilja's career.

So all that said and the fact that we upgraded from Schneider to Rafalski tells me things are looking up. As far as the vacated spots of Bertuzzi and Lang, we could plug in guys like Kopecky and Grigorenko. They couldn't do much less than Lang and Bert.

1. Kenny will cap off the offseason signing with a depth forward and/or a depth defenseman.

2. The youngsters will be counted on to step up, and they will, helping the team take the conference. Again.

3. Kenny will make two risky signings at the trade deadline, neither of which will significantly address the team's deficiencies, and both of which will surely disappear come the playoffs.

4. Kronwall will be injured in a random knife fight with a bear the day after the trade deadline and will be lost for the postseason.

7. They will face the Ducks in the third round and lose in 6, citing a lack of size, strength, and speed as the cause of their demise.

8. Kenny will go on record as saying, "Obviously the size is an issue. It's something we discussed in the offseason, but the bottom line was that the people we were interested in were either asking for too much money or for too many years. In some cases it was both! But we've got some options that we'll be exploring. Our top priority, though, is to re-sign some of our own guys."

9. Burke will kidnap Zetterberg and slash Kenny's tires, forcing him to use public transportation for at least two days.

This post should be archived for all eternity. Very funny! :lol:

Has Guerin signed yet or am I missing something? Just because he sucked ass in the playoffs doesnt mean we shouldnt take a chance on him. He wont be THAT expensive, hes a big body, a shooter first, and a characteristic which many seem to forget - hes fast. Theres a lot that this guy can add to the lineup. You cant tell me that its unlikely he follows up his 36 goal campaign with 30 goals if hes playing with Hank or Zetterberg. Hes our best option right now.

And no Kozlov please. Either we sign a gritty guy or we wait it out. If not a top sixer, then Aaron Asham.

:clap::lol::clap::lol:

One of the best and possibly accurate posts I've ever read.