• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorLidstrom5

Slava Kozlov or Mike Comrie

Rate this topic

I never liked Kozlov when he was here just because he drove me nuts with the dumb relatiiation penalties he always seemed to get. But the man can put the puck in the net. Sign him up.

Don't know enough about Comrie to give him a yea or a nay.

Comrie will be anything but cheap. That's mainly the reason why Ottawa doesn't want him back.

He has problems anyways. He's known for being a lockeroom cancer, and the last thing the Wings need is a small center. There are better fish in the sea.

Kozlov I'm not all that big on either. Hopefully Dallas hurries up and signs him already, so I don't have to worry anymore.

I doubt it will happen but I'd love to see Koz back in Detroit. We could have a Russian line/ Swede Line 1-2 punch

Samuelsson(Franzen)-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Kozlov-Datsyuk-Grigorenko

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen(Samuelsson)

Kopecky

I personally would like to see either one in the Wings uniform this year because they can score 20+ goals and would be pretty cheap. Which one would you take? Or would you pass on both?

Sucked into this thread as into a black hole....

A month ago I'd have taken Slava, no question. I didn't believe then (nor do I now) that we could afford him under the cap. After all, he had an 80 point season. And then THIS WEEK happened, and so many players are getting miracle deals (PAYDAY large for sports agents, SO thrilled Rockitson is matriculating in Sports Management).

But then I thought about it: dude would NEVER come back here on a step-down contract, he just wasn't that happy here.

One of my all-time favorite players, he is. It pains me to witness his talent wasting away on a Hotlanta breeze....

Guest Crymson

I personally would like to see either one in the Wings uniform this year because they can score 20+ goals and would be pretty cheap. Which one would you take? Or would you pass on both?

Kozlov will not be cheap. The word out is that Atlanta has offered him a $4m+ per year contract.

I'd take Comrie.

Kozzy sure can put up some numbers, sad to see them go to waste in a s***ty organization (as well as kovalchuk) but i just dont think he will take a reasonable deal from us thanks to the ridiculous signings thus far.....i just dont get how teams can afford to give 3 guys a third of the teams cap....

...Comrie...Hall...Guerin... (Hasek) Done! Stanley Cup 08!

...Comrie...Hall...Guerin... (Hasek) Done! Stanley Cup 08!

Adam Hall is actually not a bad idea. He's from Kalamazoo.

Guerin... ugh, you know, if he came here, I'd be forced to like him. Personally I hate the guy, and he's a ghost come playoff time. If Kenny got him for decently cheap, like 2 million a season or something like that, then I might like it. Anything over that is just too much though.

Edited by Kp-Wings

OH MY GOD!!! Now you people are just getting stupid!!

Kozlov?? Mister I play one 2 weeks a season auh NO!!!!!! There was a reason why Detroit got rid of him before. HE SUCKS!!

Comrie who couldn't even play for the 2nd greatest hockey player ever (Gordie is first!) Wayne Gretzky? He's a cancer and a ****** bag in the locker room. NO! NO!

Guerin? Sure he's great in the regular season but doesn't show up come playoff time and well that's why the Wings didn't keep Shanny. It doesn't matter if you score 100 goals in the regular season if you can't do the same in the playoffs. NO! NO! NO!

The Wings don't just want to fill holes (which really if you were smart would see there isn't that many) they want guys that will take them over the hump and to the Stanley Cup.

Why do you all want the Wings to waste money on garbage when there is no rush.

I've said this before but I guess it needs repeating.

Hold the 9 mil till March and get someone decent at the trade deadline instead of wasting it now on garbage!

If i have to choose, Comrie for sure.

(Plus it kinda opens the door for some Commie jokes, you know, since he'll be in red and all.)

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Comrie who couldn't even play for the 2nd greatest hockey player ever (Gordie is first!) Wayne Gretzky? He's a cancer and a ****** bag in the locker room. NO! NO!

Wayne Gretzky is a terrible coach. Some of the best players in the league probably wouldn't do good under Wayne-O, since again, he's a very bad coach.

Guerin? Sure he's great in the regular season but doesn't show up come playoff time and well that's why the Wings didn't keep Shanny. It doesn't matter if you score 100 goals in the regular season if you can't do the same in the playoffs. NO! NO! NO!

Before you start calling people stupid, read your own post. Shanahan left on his own. Holland and co. wanted him back very much (bad idea, but they still did). Shanahan thought he was better, and since he didn't like Babcock anyways, he bolted to New York. Under no circumstance did the Wings not offer Shanahan a contract though.

I'm not saying that I'd want any of these guys like Comrie or Guerin, but your reasons and comparisons are extremely irrelvant. You could have just said "Comrie is a cancer, and Guerin sucks in the playoffs", and left it at that. Your comparisons with Gretzky and Shanahan are just plain bad, since their both wrong. Well, one anyways, being Shanahan. It's no doubt Comrie couldn't play under Gretzky, but really, no-one can. That's kinda why Phoenix sucks so bad.

If i have to choose, Comrie for sure.

(Plus it kinda opens the door for some Commie jokes, you know, since he'll be in red and all.)

:lol:

Guest Crymson

My goodness! The entire Coyotes team must just SUCK, then!

Kozlov?? Mister I play one 2 weeks a season auh NO!!!!!! There was a reason why Detroit got rid of him before.

I agree on this one. Many people on this board have short memories and lots of nostalgia.

Kozlov?? Mister I play one 2 weeks a season auh NO!!!!!! There was a reason why Detroit got rid of him before. HE SUCKS!!

The Wings don't just want to fill holes (which really if you were smart would see there isn't that many) they want guys that will take them over the hump and to the Stanley Cup.

Why do you all want the Wings to waste money on garbage when there is no rush.

I've said this before but I guess it needs repeating.

Hold the 9 mil till March and get someone decent at the trade deadline instead of wasting it now on garbage!

...Hmmmmm.... 2 weeks a season?

Regular Season w/Detroit

2000-01 Detroit NHL 72 20 18 38 +9 30 187 10.70

1999-00 Detroit NHL 72 18 18 36 +11 28 165 10.91

1998-99 Detroit NHL 79 29 29 58 +10 45 209 13.88

1997-98 Detroit NHL 80 25 27 52 +14 46 221 11.31

1996-97 Detroit NHL 75 23 22 45 +21 46 211 10.90

1995-96 Detroit NHL 82 36 37 73 +33 70 237 15.19

1994-95 Detroit NHL 46 13 20 33 +12 45 97 13.40

1994-95 CSKA Moscow CIS 10 3 4 7 - 14 - -

1993-94 Detroit NHL 77 34 39 73 +27 50 202 16.83

1993-94 Adirondack AHL 3 0 1 1 -1 15 9 0.00

1992-93 Detroit NHL 17 4 1 5 -1 14 26 15.38

1992-93 Adirondack AHL 45 23 36 59 - 54 - -

1991-92 Detroit NHL 7 0 2 2 -2 2 9 0.00

Playoffs w/Detroit

2000-01 Detroit NHL 6 4 1 5 -2 2 14 28.57

1999-00 Detroit NHL 8 2 1 3 -3 12 18 11.11

1998-99 Detroit NHL 10 6 1 7 -3 4 28 21.43

1997-98 Detroit NHL 22 6 8 14 +4 10 47 12.77

1996-97 Detroit NHL 20 8 5 13 +3 14 58 13.79

1995-96 Detroit NHL 19 5 7 12 +3 10 38 13.16

1994-95 Detroit NHL 18 9 7 16 +12 10 45 20.00

1994-95 CSKA Moscow CIS - - - - - - - -

1993-94 Detroit NHL 7 2 5 7 +3 12 16 12.50

1993-94 Adirondack AHL - - - - - - - -

1992-93 Detroit NHL 4 0 2 2 +1 2 5 0.00

...get your facts right. Detroit didn't "GET RID" of him, he happened to be something Buffalo wanted in exchange for Hasek. Do ya think we could have offered the rights to Kory Kocur for Hasek?

Nobody can play under Gretzky. Brett Hull retired because of it. Wayne is a great hockey mind, but terrible at coaching! Absolutely terrible! He needs to step into just an owners position because he also sucks as a GM of any type...

Mike Comrie: Always been a winner. Even last season when he was a "CANCER" he scored 20 goals among 45 points in 65 games. That is nearly 30 goals and 70 points if he played the entire 82 games...

2006-07 Ottawa NHL 41 13 12 25 -1 24 87 14.94

2006-07 Phoenix NHL 24 7 13 20 +1 20 38 18.42

2006-07 Total Phx/Ott NHL 65 20 25 45 0 44 125 16.00

2005-06 Phoenix NHL 80 30 30 60 +2 55 190 15.79

2004-05 Farjestads BK Swe 10 1 6 7 -5 10 16 6.25

2003-04 Phoenix NHL 28 8 7 15 -8 16 65 12.31

2003-04 Philadelphia NHL 21 4 5 9 +2 12 36 11.11

2003-04 Total Phi/Phx NHL 49 12 12 24 -6 28 101 11.88

2002-03 Edmonton NHL 69 20 31 51 -18 90 170 11.76

2001-02 Edmonton NHL 82 33 27 60 +16 45 170 19.41

2000-01 Edmonton NHL 41 8 14 22 +6 14 62 12.90

2000-01 Kootenay WHL 37 39 40 79 +23 79 - -

1999-00 Michigan CCHA 40 24 35 59 - 95 - -

1998-99 Michigan CCHA 42 19 25 44 - 38

Bill Guerin: You say he is a ghost on the playoffs, so he had 0 goals last season, but jusy a year before that he had 3 goals in 5 games for Dallas. If he would have played in our 18 playoff games last season he would have had 11 goals. (p.s. that is more than Datsyuk had.)

...so, your reasons are unfounded and really have no bearing on why we should or should not sign these guys. I prefer Comrie over Kozlov only because we've already experienced the Kozlov era, plus Comrie is younger and isn't afraid to hit. Adam Hall would be great for the price. He should cost $1MM or less since Minnesota didn't even offer him a qualifying offer... Third line grinder with toughness (remember when he went toe to toe with Shanny a few times?) and the ability to chip in a few goals, he does have 50 goals in 300 or so games which, btw is a better scoring percentage than Kirk Maltby, and Hall will actually hit and fight, not just hit and run...

I'd say both are probably out of our price range. Not sure about Comrie, but I've read that Kozlov wants around 4mil or more a season.

I would take Comrie if I had to choose. While he is small he is also a tough lil bastard. Quick, has a scoring touch and will drop the gloves with other small lil bastards.

Out of the remaining FA's I remain intruiged by Guerin. Yes this past playoff season he sucked, but 50pts in 105 playoff games is decent. And he adds toughness too. It's not ALL about the stats.

Guest DetroitIan

At this point. I just want SOMEONE that can come in and help offensively. We honestly dont need a center that bad. But alot of our centers play great on the wing. So I would welcome Comrie with open arms. And since we are in such desperate need for a skilled winger. I would be very happy to snag Kozzie from the Thrashers. Kozlov was a really good player for the Red Wings in the past. And the guy has done nothing but improve his game since leaving the Wings. And since most of the big names are gone. I will applaud if we get either player(for the right price of course).

Edited by DetroitIan

I think a lot of us just want to sign somebody for the sake of signing them. Personnally, Comrie and Kozlov are a waste of a roster spot unless they come incredibly cheap. Guys like that dont have anything else to offer if they arent scoring. They arent gonna be fierce hitters, astute defenders, strong leaders, anything if they arent scoring. And thats whats screwed us over in the past. Our players are too one dimensional. We have so many of the same guy with slight differences. Kozlov and Comrie would just be variations on something we already have.

I'd say both are probably out of our price range. Not sure about Comrie, but I've read that Kozlov wants around 4mil or more a season.

I would take Comrie if I had to choose. While he is small he is also a tough lil bastard. Quick, has a scoring touch and will drop the gloves with other small lil bastards.

Out of the remaining FA's I remain intruiged by Guerin. Yes this past playoff season he sucked, but 50pts in 105 playoff games is decent. And he adds toughness too. It's not ALL about the stats.

Thats what I like about Guerin too. Hes had some s***ty playoff years, but hes had 4 or 5 good ones too. If hes not scoring, it doesnt mean hes a ghost. He offers leadership, he offers experience, hes always been gritty, a fast big guy. He would give Detroit a dimension that it doesnt already have in spades, unlike Kozlov and Comrie.

Comrie... I would take a chance on him (for the right price).

Guerin... same thing... really intrigues me (for the right price).

Hall... take a fly on the kid.

Penner... get the kid an offer sheet Kenny! Burke is making you his biatch!!