• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

slapshot_34

If You Were Ken Holland This Off-Season?

Rate this topic

Since we have about $9,064,000 left under the $50,300,000 salary cap what would you do? I would sign

Sign Hasek- 1.75 mill for 1 year

Sign Sutton- 6 mill 2 year deal

Sign Asham- 2 mill 2 year contract

Trade a 4th round pick to chicago for Tuomo Ruutu(1.5 mill).

With these roster moves, I Think we will be a better and more physical team.

New Cap #= 1,814,000

The way things are looking, im expecting a 1 yr contract to pop up for Hasek for around 3.5 million to be honest. There may be some panic setting in.

Asham will cost more than a mill a year....i'd guess 1.5-ish.

The market for d-men is dictating that Sutton would get 7 mill for 2 years

At this point, 4th rd picks have little to zero value. You wont get squat.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

We don't need more third/fourth line players. Asham would be interesting but there's no room for him.

Why the hell would Chicago give up Ruutu for a 4th round pick?

Send Hasek home, beg Kozlov to sign cheap to come back to Detroit, pray that that works, then look at who's left and add role guys with speed and grit to keep things in check. Osgood will start and play around a 3:2 to whatever GR goalie earns the spot in camp. If goaltending appears to be an issue, make a trade into the deadline for an upgrade, though I don't think goaltending will prove to be an issue despite the general cliche-ignorance that rules so many fans.

well, at this point I would sign Hasek for about the same you mentioned, and pick up a top six forward. My top picks would have been Kozzie and Shanny but they're all but signed. Options now are Yashin, Saprykin, Guerin, and Asham.

We don't need more third/fourth line players. Asham would be interesting but there's no room for him.

Why the hell would Chicago give up Ruutu for a 4th round pick?

You can make room for Asham. Deal Hudler...if he doenst go to Russia. And of course there's Kopecky too...who's done nothing to even warrant a roster spot.

Sign Asham. Offer Dustin Penner 2.5 million. Sign Dominik for 1.5 plus incentives. Waive Samuelsson. Use Ference.

Anaheim doenst even blink twice to match that.

If You Were Ken Holland This Off-Season?, What Would You Do???

Kick my own ass for losing 5 out 6 of our own FA's (two by choice, I know)... then complain to the media about the price and years that everyone wanted. Then prepare for the the end of the year speech where I talk about adding more grit in the off-season and all the power play opportunities we squandered.

Edited by scotzman

Kick my own ass for losing 5 out 6 of our own FA's (two by choice, I know)... then complain to the media about the price and years that everyone wanted. Then prepare for the the end of the year speech where I talk about adding more grit in the off-season and all the power play opportunities we squandered.

You just ripped a page right out of Mr Holland's opus.

Since we have about $9,064,000 left under the $50,300,000 salary cap what would you do? I would sign

New Cap #= 1,814,000

For a second I thought you were being serious.

Sign Hasek.

Then sign Jeff O'Neill to be that 1st line sniper. Datsyuk passing for O'neill will capitalize 40 goals with his lethal shot.

14th forward could be Darren McCarty. Plays when there's injuries, fights sometimes and scores 10 goal against the Avs. Get the own boy back at minimun salary.

At the Trade deadline get that nasty bastard Adam Foote from the sucking Columbus. If Grigorenko sucks, then get another top six forward (Mats Sundin) at the deadline.

Then we are set.

Before season:

Holmström - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Grigorenko - Datsyuk - O'Neill

Franzen - Filppula - Cleary

Kopecky - Draper - Maltby

(Hudler, McCarty)

Lidström - Rafalski

Lilja - Kronwall

Lebda - Chelios

(Quincey)

Hasek

Osgood

Upgraded defence the playoffs:

Lidström - Foote

Lilja - Rafalski

Kronwall - Chelios

(Lebda)

Sign Hasek.

Then sign Jeff O'Neill to be that 1st line sniper. Datsyuk passing for O'neill will capitalize 40 goals with his lethal shot.

14th forward could be Darren McCarty. Plays when there's injuries, fights sometimes and scores 10 goal against the Avs. Get the own boy back at minimun salary.

At the Trade deadline get that nasty bastard Adam Foote from the sucking Columbus. If Grigorenko sucks, then get another top six forward (Mats Sundin) at the deadline.

Then we are set.

From now on... everything should have to be justified financially.

:lol: <-- Click the smiley. A guy that could score 20 goals in a full season on a team like Chicago is worth of a first rounder, considering that Detroit's #1 pick is in the late 20's.

Edited by Earthhuman

Sign Hasek.

I thought that O'Neill,McCarty and Foote were bad ideas,but they actually seemed pretty decent when I saw the mother of all bad ideas - Sundin.

He's got way too much history,fellow Finn. :crazy:

New Cap #= 1,814,000

Oh Christ. You've got to be kidding me.

I don't mind a trade proposal or two, but I do mind these completely idiotic ones that don't have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, even if you're dealing with Mike Milbury.

Ruutu scored 17 goals and 21 goals for 38 total points on a horrible Chicago team. He has also played 168 NHL career games scoring 42 goals and 45 assists for 87 total points. On top of that, he's only 24 years old, and has a boatload of potential. And you think we can get him for a 4th round pick? Are you f-ing kidding me? Even the most simple minded GM wouldn't possibly be dumb enough to make a trade like that.

If you want Ruutu on this team, expect to give up a decent prospect or two like Cory Emmerton or Brendan Smith, and a package of draft picks, ranging in the 1st round to 2nd round. And by decent prosepcts, I do mean decent prospects. None of this Hudler or Meech bulls***, since that won't land anything of decent value, contrary to what some people here think.

Anything below what I mentioned won't cut it. Ruutu is a good player. Chicago isn't just going to ship him off for garbage, even if they are a horribly managed team.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest Crymson

After doing this, I'd wake up and realize that I'd done too much crack the night before and had a pretty awesome dream.

If you think that Ruutu will go for a 4th-rounder, you ought to have your head examined.

Waive Samuelsson.

After this, commit suicide for waiving a 45pt, $1.5m player in the cap-era.

Get real.

Anyway, what would I do if I were Holland? Wow, I'd sign a top-six forward, then sign some grit! Yes! We need grit! And a top-six forward!

Blah, blah blah. If anything, I just hope the guy doesn't visit this site. His head would explode.

Anyway, what would I do if I were Holland? Wow, I'd sign a top-six forward, then sign some grit! Yes! We need grit! And a top-six forward!

Blah, blah blah. If anything, I just hope the guy doesn't visit this site. His head would explode.

I'm sure the laughs would relieve stress.

Have no fear,he won't visit here - He's too busy golfing :ph34r: [sarcasm ninja]

:nonono:

Why? Why?! WHY?! It's endless.

Rafalski is an upgrade over Schneider. Lang, Bertuzzi, and Calder were non-factors. Markov can be replaced, he's not worth more than he was getting. So, what has Holland done? So far he's upgraded the defense and dumped the dead weight. Its three days into the off-season. There's plenty of time to find an adequate replacement for Markov and round out the top six.

But quick, PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! Deem this year a failure before the roster is even set!

Edited by ARice89

New Cap #= 1,814,000

ruutu for a 4th rounder LMAO

Sign Asham. Offer Dustin Penner 2.5 million. Sign Dominik for 1.5 plus incentives. Waive Samuelsson. Use Ference.

it would take alot more then just 2.5 to take penner away

we got 8 million left ? you want penner , itll take a 6-7 yr deal at 4-4.5 per ( which id might consider doing if we didnt have to now add rafalski's high salary to the team)

hasek 2.5

penner 4.5

simon 1

thats 2 big nasty guys on the team

need more cap room for hudler and a upgrade over lilja ?? trade samuelsson thats an extra 2.2 , sign hudler at 700 k .......have lidstrom call aaron miller and convince him to take a 1 yr 1.5 deal to help us win the cup

filppula datsyuk penner

hudler zetterberg holmstrom

franzen cleary grigorenko

simon draper maltby

kopecky

lidstrom miller

rafalski kronwall

lebda chelios

meech

hasek

ozzie

more realistically ......

sign hasek 2.5

sign hudler 750 k

4.75 cap remaining

sign bill guerin 4 mill per for 2 yrs

trade lilja , and bring in miller for 1.75 1 yr

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

more realistically ......

sign hasek 2.5

sign hudler 750 k

4.75 cap remaining

sign bill guerin 4 mill per for 2 yrs

trade lilja , and bring in miller for 1.75 1 yr

Crymson is going to love this plan. :lol:

:nonono:

Why? Why?! WHY?! It's endless.

Rafalski is an upgrade over Schneider. Lang, Bertuzzi, and Calder were non-factors. Markov can be replaced, he's not worth more than he was getting. So, what has Holland done? So far he's upgraded the defense and dumped the dead weight. Its three days into the off-season. There's plenty of time to find an adequate replacement for Markov and round out the top six.

But quick, PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! Deem this year a failure before the roster is even set!

:clap::clap::clap:

This is a good team...a lot of people are forgetting that...I can't believe that not signing Bertuzzi has had this much of an effect on the people here...they will find that top 6 winger and they will get some toughness...it's ridiculous how negative this board is...I know if I were Ken Holland I sure as hell wouldn't listen to anything that's been mentioned by the fair weather fans on this board.

O'Neill wouldn't be a bad choice, especially if he comes cheap...getting out of Toronto might wake him up a bit...I think the defence is set...I don't know much about Miller but if he can provide some toughness then good...I'd still be interested in seeing if Kindl or Quincey can make the team, but that seems unlikely if they sign someone else...Dom will get signed too, it's just a matter of time.