• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Glen Murray

Rate this topic

It's no secret the Bruins may be looking to trade Murray.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos070704.html

He makes over 8M a year. But in my opinion that might be OK. The best part is that his deal is up at the right time, when Zetterberg will be offered an extension.

Would you folks take Murray at 4.15 M a year for the next two seasons?

I think his production may increase playing on Datsyuk's wing. He's got a terrific shot.

I don't think Boston wants much in return either. It's seems like more of a salary dump than anything.

Edited by rick zombo

Murray is a bum....Bruins can keep him

Sign Hasek and Kozlov, keep the rest of the money for deadline.

That bum has scored 24+ goals in 7 of the last 9 seasons including a couple 40 goal seasons. If he hadn't gotten injured last year he would have had over 30 again easy. For me it would depend on what the Wings had to trade to get him, but the guy can score. The Bruins have nobody now that Thornton is gone and yet Murray scored 28 goals in 59 games. He had an outside chance to score 40 last year.

Now I am not the biggest fan of Murray, he is a big dude but is not a very physical guy, but if the Wings are looking for scoring and the B's aren't looking for a ton I say go for it.

That bum has scored 24+ goals in 7 of the last 9 seasons including a couple 40 goal seasons. If he hadn't gotten injured last year he would have had over 30 again easy. For me it would depend on what the Wings had to trade to get him, but the guy can score. The Bruins have nobody now that Thornton is gone and yet Murray scored 28 goals in 59 games. He had an outside chance to score 40 last year.

Now I am not the biggest fan of Murray, he is a big dude but is not a very physical guy, but if the Wings are looking for scoring and the B's aren't looking for a ton I say go for it.

Yea well Lang puts up numbers too and you don't see to many people sad about him leaving...They are shopping him because he is very overpaid.

Yea well Lang puts up numbers too and you don't see to many people sad about him leaving...They are shopping him because he is very overpaid.

Lang is nowhere near the goal scorer Murray is. Also, Murray is from Halifax, so that can only be a + :P

Seriously though, I would only make the deal in certain situations and I do not think the Wings are in one of those situations.

as weird as that sounds, me too.

Yashin could be the bargain of the year.

'n a fun little nut job too boot... i would enjoy wantin' his antics on our crew... I can nah believe others actually wants 'im... considerin' he be no different than th' hated Langer or Sergei in thar perceived efforts.

However ever I do see one use...

Yashin be Lazy 'n he Sucks v. 2.0

Edited by OsGOD

'n a fun little nut job too boot... i would enjoy wantin' his antics on our crew... I can nah believe others actually wants 'im... considerin' he be no different than th' hated Langer or Sergei in thar perceived efforts.

However ever I do see one use...

Yashin be Lazy 'n he Sucks v. 2.0

Actually, after being bought out, Yashin has something to prove. Lang, on the other hand, didnt. Its highly doubtful that Yashin will 1) get a lot of money or 2) get a long term contract, so signing him to a 2M, 1 year contract might not be that much of a deal. If he stinks it up, its only for a year, and being that hes cheap, well still have plenty of space to pick up a different guy during the season or at the trade deadline. He is a big body and has a better shot than Lang as well as being a much better skater. If we were to start the season with Rafalski over Schneider and Yashin over Lang on the cheap, we'd be a better team than we were at the start of last season.

I cant believe Id ever make a post like this, but Yashin on a 1 year, cheap contract could be a great move.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Guest DetroitIan

I definitely want Murray in the winged wheel. But not for some fat contract. If Kenny can snag him for a reasonable price, then Im all for it. But no way I want us overpaying Glen Murray. If were gonna overpay anyone. It better be a superstar or something. Im only in favor of getting Glen at the right price. So if that can happen, then yeah Im all for it.

murray would be an awesome adition and he could be cheap. Some of his prior numbers are not bad at all, with a good team like the wings, i think he can return to that

Actually, after being bought out, Yashin has something to prove. Lang, on the other hand, didnt. Its highly doubtful that Yashin will 1) get a lot of money or 2) get a long term contract, so signing him to a 2M, 1 year contract might not be that much of a deal. If he stinks it up, its only for a year, and being that hes cheap, well still have plenty of space to pick up a different guy during the season or at the trade deadline. He is a big body and has a better shot than Lang as well as being a much better skater. If we were to start the season with Rafalski over Schneider and Yashin over Lang on the cheap, we'd be a better team than we were at the start of last season.

I cant believe Id ever make a post like this, but Yashin on a 1 year, cheap contract could be a great move.

Oh please. Even if he does have something to prove, Yashin doesn't have the motivation or desire to do anything about it. He's in this league simpily to collect his paycheck.

I honestly can't believe Yashin's childhood hero was Brian Trottier, considering when you look at those two and compare, it's so different for both of them.

On topic: Glen Murray has already been thrown around a bunch of times, and he's not worth it. He's soft as a pilllow for being 6'3, and his age, injury history, and declining production are all problems he comes with. He isn't worth the money.

Guest Crymson

It's no secret the Bruins may be looking to trade Murray.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos070704.html

He makes over 8M a year. But in my opinion that might be OK. The best part is that his deal is up at the right time, when Zetterberg will be offered an extension.

Would you folks take Murray at 4.15 M a year for the next two seasons?

I think his production may increase playing on Datsyuk's wing. He's got a terrific shot.

I don't think Boston wants much in return either. It's seems like more of a salary dump than anything.

HELL no. $4m per year for a guy who puts up Sammy's point totals and is totally lazy? We wouldn't put up $4m for Bert, so forget that. Do you honestly think Holland would bite? Not happening.

Edited by Crymson

Oh please. Even if he does have something to prove, Yashin doesn't have the motivation or desire to do anything about it. He's in this league simpily to collect his paycheck.

I honestly can't believe Yashin's childhood hero was Brian Trottier, considering when you look at those two and compare, it's so different for both of them.

On topic: Glen Murray has already been thrown around a bunch of times, and he's not worth it. He's soft as a pilllow for being 6'3, and his age, injury history, and declining production are all problems he comes with. He isn't worth the money.

Even if he doesnt have the motivation or desire to do anything about it, he still put up 50 points in 58 games this year. If thats how he plays without any motivation or desire, I wouldnt mind him here on the cheap.

But to actually address the point of "motivation and desire" is interesting, because I've heard some Islanders fans argue that Yashin was the Islanders best forward for much of the year. And likewise, if money is what motivates him, then a 1 year contract would do that.

People are all over Comries balls on this board, yet he put up 5 less points than Yashin in 7 more games and has the same attitude issues as Yashin while likely costing more. Just because Yashin was the most overpaid player for the length of his contract doesnt mean hed be overpaid at 2M for 1 season.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Guest DetroitIan

HELL no. $4m per year for a guy who puts up Sammy's point totals and is totally lazy? We wouldn't put up $4m for Bert, so forget that. Do you honestly think Holland would bite? Not happening.

Yeah I agree. For 4 mill Murray is out of the question. But if we could somehow get him for 2-2.5 mill. Then I dont have a problem with it.

Yeah I agree. For 4 mill Murray is out of the question. But if we could somehow get him for 2-2.5 mill. Then I dont have a problem with it.

2M is steep, honestly. less and i would listen but otherwise... pass on this one.

Even if he doesnt have the motivation or desire to do anything about it, he still put up 50 points in 58 games this year. If thats how he plays without any motivation or desire, I wouldnt mind him here on the cheap.

But to actually address the point of "motivation and desire" is interesting, because I've heard some Islanders fans argue that Yashin was the Islanders best forward for much of the year. And likewise, if money is what motivates him, then a 1 year contract would do that.

People are all over Comries balls on this board, yet he put up 5 less points than Yashin in 7 more games and has the same attitude issues as Yashin while likely costing more. Just because Yashin was the most overpaid player for the length of his contract doesnt mean hed be overpaid at 2M for 1 season.

I never said I wanted Comrie on this team. The last thing the Wings need is another small center.

I know you're looking at the glass half-full, but I just cannot stand Yashin. I never liked him for what he did in Ottawa during the 1999-2000 season by sitting out an entire season just because the management wouldn't throw in a couple more 0's on his paycheck.

The fact we also got rid of Lang finally means we have been freed of an extremely lazy second line center. Why bother bringing in another one? I don't get it. Yashin would be no different then Lang. He's a player with a lot of talent, but doesn't utilize it all. And unlike Lang, Yashin can't even score in the playoffs. At least with Lang, you got his clutch goals. Yashin wouldn't even provide that.

If Holland signs Yashin to a contract worth anything over 1 million a season, I will lose all faith in this team. Yashin might be a decent option for less then 1 million, but not anything more.

Does anyone seriously think Yashin is going to sign for a small contract this year? He was on pace for a great season last year and always puts up good numbers, better than Chris Drury of Scott Gomez ever have. He obviously has his vices that will drive his value down, but he's a much more valuable player than Todd Bertuzzi right now. He will not be a bargain.

Guest Crymson

How do you make that comparison? I agree, $4 million is probably too much, but Sammy's production is not comparable to Murray.

2005-06 Bruins 64 24 29 53

2006-07 Bruins 59 28 17 45

2005-06 Red Wings 71 23 22 45

2006-07 Red Wings 53 14 20 34

A roughly ten-point difference in points per season, despite the fact that Murray plays far more minutes than Sammy. Incomparable? Right. Thanks for proving that you entered this discussion despite knowing nothing about Glen Murray.