• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Raycroft to Detroit?

Rate this topic

It’s believed Leaf general manager John Ferguson is trying to trade Raycroft, set to earn $2 million next year, to free up a little cap space. The Leafs have spent nearly $49 million on 23 players with the cap set at $50.3 million.

The Red Wings are among teams said to be interested. They’re having trouble re-signing goalie Dominik Hasek.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NHL/article/232346

Hrmmm...No thanks how about! If it has to be done, Ozzy gets the start.

They will NOT give Ozzie the start.... the organization does not have the confidence in him to be a starting goaltender anymore, hence why he has been our backup and nothing more.

Osgood is better than Raycroft and at half the price. If for some strange reason Hasek doesn't come back we go that route. On a side not Dom will be back, he already turned down a two year 10million dollar offer from the Kings.

If we were to get Raycroft he would be fine. I would enjoy watching him look amazing as a member of the Red Wings, then I would be able to tell my friends that YES RAYCROFT IS A CAPABLE STARTER. Some of them seem to think that the guy is the scum of the goalie world, he is not bad. I mean he was seriously over worked last season and won 38 games I believe, with a defensive corps that is utterly useless.

If we were to get Raycroft he would be fine. I would enjoy watching him look amazing as a member of the Red Wings, then I would be able to tell my friends that YES RAYCROFT IS A CAPABLE STARTER. Some of them seem to think that the guy is the scum of the goalie world, he is not bad. I mean he was seriously over worked last season and won 38 games I believe, with a defensive corps that is utterly useless.

The Leafs defence was fine (8th fewest shots given up), they had no confidence in Raycroft. He gives up at least one softie per game, usually at the worst possible time.

Raycroft and his 2 million dollars can go elsewhere. From a person who watches his fair share of leaf games trust me, raycroft is absolutley horrible. If it wasn't for him blowing 4 goal leads to buffalo and montreal ect, the leafs would be in the playoffs.

The Ducks are shopping Bryzgalov right now, i'd much rather have him then raycroft.

Edited by redwingfan19

I don't think they'd have any issue dropping Kronwall like a sack of bricks.

Has he been that unimpressive? Does he use his size at all? Or just to many PM's?

Edited by ocalafloridawingzfan

Has he been that unimpressive? Does he use his size at all?

Well, for starters, he's like his brother in terms of being injury prone.....he sneezes and he's out 4-6 weeks.

He does use his size, but he's got a fairly poor attitude for a guy who hasn't done anything to prove that he belongs in the NHL. He essentially gave the Leafs an ultimatum this spring that he either get a one-way contract or he goes back to Sweden.

He went through the motions for the Marlies last year and really showed no emotion or dedication to his game. For that reason, he was passed over a number of times for promotion to the NHL last season.

Ducks are shopping Bryz. Would burke try to rape us? or what would we give up. I don't think it would be that much.

I dont know what posseses someone to say something like this..

Lets put ourselves into the head of Brian Burke. He's just gone and signed 2 of the Wings free agents, which not only was for need purposes, but obviously an attempt to weaken the Wings at the same time. Now, after all this, he's going to trade us a goalie. Uhhhh....NO!

As for Raycroft, hell no. Hasek will get his 3 million dollar raise and end up at 3.5 mill for 1 year.

Well, for starters, he's like his brother in terms of being injury prone.....he sneezes and he's out 4-6 weeks.

He does use his size, but he's got a fairly poor attitude for a guy who hasn't done anything to prove that he belongs in the NHL. He essentially gave the Leafs an ultimatum this spring that he either get a one-way contract or he goes back to Sweden.

He went through the motions for the Marlies last year and really showed no emotion or dedication to his game. For that reason, he was passed over a number of times for promotion to the NHL last season.

Well, maybe his bro could whip him into shape... If nothing else, between the two, we'd have a healthy Kronwall more often.