• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Kozlov re-signs with Atlanta

Rate this topic

The Wings aren't running out of any options there is still a whole season and the trade deadline in March.

Common sense people use it!

Personally, I don't like treating the trade deadline as an ace in the hole. Not that I'm panicking or anything, but I think the energy and tenacity required to pull of a great trade would actually kill Holland.

Asham and Fedotenko. We would not have been able to afford Koz anyways. Asham and Fedotenko both bring size and grit as well as a small ability to score which can be increased when playing with our magicians.

I like Kozlov but we do not need that type of player at all.

I think some of you guys are stuck in a timewarp. The need for gritty character forwards hasn't been a problem in a while. What we really truly need is a guy like Kozlov. A guy that can put up big numbers. We've got more 2nd/3rd line tweeners than you can shake a stick at. None of this "small ability to score" we need BIG ability to score.

well we knew he wouldnt come here and we didnt need another small forward , wish kozzie all the best though

Well at this point, baring trades, he was our best option, regardless of size. :angry: Damn it Atlanta!

Hopefully, this is a sign of more good things to come today.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Like the Wings re-signing Hasek for cheap (and the hell rid of those damn Raycroft rumors!), and signing Arron Asham to a new contract.

Pull the trigger Kenny!!!!!!!!1

Guest DetroitIan

Damn. I was really hoping he might be coming back. I guess at this point, I just want SOMEONE. Although I do have faith in Kenny. Im just getting a little impatient I guess.

Kozlov isnt what we need. Hes a good player, he can put up the points, but he plays with Hossa and Kovalchuk. Theres no way hed be able to replicate his stats with the Wings. Going from being the main pass first guy on a line with 2 primary goal scorers to being a pass first guy on a TEAM full of pass first top niners is not going to help us out.

Kozlov isnt what we need. Hes a good player, he can put up the points, but he plays with Hossa and Kovalchuk. Theres no way hed be able to replicate his stats with the Wings. Going from being the main pass first guy on a line with 2 primary goal scorers to being a pass first guy on a TEAM full of pass first top niners is not going to help us out.

And he was shoot first here. He's smart and talented enough to adapt to the situation.