• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringHomeTheCup!

Marty B

Rate this topic

I've read on a few different sites that Marty Brodeur is considering retirement after this season. A few reasons were listed, such as he has won everything there is to win. However, something not touched on was the fact that with the recent departures of guys like Stevens, Rafalski, Gomez, and Niedermayer in past years, the Devils could be sent into rebuilding mode. Ultimately the thoughts of the writers were about potentially dealing Marty at the deadline if this is the case.

Just curious what everyone thinks. Let's just assume for a minute that these rumors hold some water, and Marty is leaning towards retirement. Where do you think he will go, and why. He is a $5.2 cap hit, so the team has to have some room. Also, what would the team give up in return. And please, keep you NHL 07 trade thoughts to yourself, keep these as close to realistic as possible. No, 'I'd trade Meech for Brodeur' that would never happen.

I think it'd be interesting to see if Tampa Bay would make a push for him, although I would think it'd take one of the big three and that isn't likely to happen.

In Columbus, for Zherdev and a compliation of picks and or prospects looks good on paper. However, I don't think Brodeur would want to goto such a terrible situation.

The most viable option I could come up with is Atlanta, although I'm not to up to date on how solid Atlanta's prospects are. Possibly a combination of Lehtonen and picks/prospects.

He wont go anywhere. But, for the sake of discussion, the only team i could imagine him going to is Pittsburgh. If theyre in the midst of a good year, but have question marks about Fleury for the playoffs...then i could see that being a rental for them.

I don't think that is true, I think Brodeur will play a few more seasons, most likely 2-3.

And I think he will remain a New Jersey Devil as long as he plays, hes been a huge part of that teams success and I don't see him playing for any other time but them, he will retire there.

Brodeur has always been my all-time favorite goalie so ofcourse there has always been a part of me that wishes he was wearing the winged wheel, though since most of my admiration for him comes from the fact that he follows the line of respectable men like yzerman, sakic, etc. I wouldn't really want him to play anywhere else.

BUT, for the sake of argument, if he were to be moved, I do think that Tampa and Pitt make sense except for the fact that NJ probably would not want to trade him so teams they have to compete with. However, I do think that TB would send one of their big three only because I think another near miss of the playoffs this year will convince them that they need to shake some things up. Lecavalier will stay i'm sure.

With Pitt...who would they trade away? Armstrong and Fleury? I dont even know if Pitt can afford that especially since they need a capable goalie for the long haul...not a rental.

I can't believe no one is hooting about Marty being a Red Wing... :P

Seriously, I hope he stays where he is, even with his depleted D-corps in NJ making life rougher for him - the grass isn't greener anywhere else in the NHL. And I would love to see him retire a NJ Devil. It's hard to picture Marty anywhere else, really.

Seriously, I hope he stays where he is, even with his depleted D-corps in NJ making life rougher for him - the grass isn't greener anywhere else in the NHL. And I would love to see him retire a NJ Devil. It's hard to picture Marty anywhere else, really.

Same here, I want Marty to go down a Devil.

And I think he'll play a few more years too... Motty's cup-winning years are over now though, I think.

Brodeur has always been my all-time favorite goalie so ofcourse there has always been a part of me that wishes he was wearing the winged wheel, though since most of my admiration for him comes from the fact that he follows the line of respectable men like yzerman, sakic, etc. I wouldn't really want him to play anywhere else.

BUT, for the sake of argument, if he were to be moved, I do think that Tampa and Pitt make sense except for the fact that NJ probably would not want to trade him so teams they have to compete with. However, I do think that TB would send one of their big three only because I think another near miss of the playoffs this year will convince them that they need to shake some things up. Lecavalier will stay i'm sure.

With Pitt...who would they trade away? Armstrong and Fleury? I dont even know if Pitt can afford that especially since they need a capable goalie for the long haul...not a rental.

Good post. he is my favorite all time goalie as well. I have respect for him, and it would be sweet to see him put on a redwings jersey, however he should stay in NJ. If I had to pick a team that the Devils would trade him too I would have to pick Tampa Bay or Boston, but I don't see it happening.

Marty is Devils and he stays there until the very end of the world.

theoretically? I'd say Dives would scoop him. much to my disliking, obviously :(

Marty is Devils and he stays there until the very end of the world.

theoretically? I'd say Dives would scoop him. much to my disliking, obviously :(

Could there be a... DOM VS. MOTTY MATCH!?!?!?1/1/lsdkjsdfoiweopweruiopw

Get it done... uh..... guy who manages the divealanche!

Could there be a... DOM VS. MOTTY MATCH!?!?!?1/1/lsdkjsdfoiweopweruiopw

Get it done... uh..... guy who manages the divealanche!

won't happen now. their GM brought Theodore who was supposed to be the second

coming of Jesus Christ... errr... Patty Wah, that is :P

in 2-3 season when the finally awakes from his posh-dreams... that could happen

won't happen now. their GM brought Theodore who was supposed to be the second

coming of Jesus Christ... errr... Patty Wah, that is :P

in 2-3 season when the finally awakes from his posh-dreams... that could happen

I know, I was kidding ;)

I didn't even know Jose was still in the picture.. all I've heard is Budaj, Budaj, Budaj, poor dives

I can't wait to see how him considering retirement is going to give the perception to some posters in here that he is "overrated".

Anyways, it's Devils or retirement for Brodeur I think. He'll be one of the few guys in any professional sport that will likely finish his career with just one team. Good for him.

if brodeur was going to retire , then hes going to retire .........why would he come here or to any other place ?? LOL

ahahah, exactly... it didn't make sense as I read it.

Just curious what everyone thinks. Let's just assume for a minute that these rumors hold some water, and Marty is leaning towards retirement. Where do you think he will go, and why.

Last I heard, retirement meant you are done working. AKA Marty is done playing hockey.