• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

My final two free agent requests

Rate this topic

I don't think Mike Comrie would be a terrible player to pick up, Gelinas wouldn't be terrible either but I still think they need a real-deal center for the second line. Gelinas isn't a center.

Anaheim isn't going to give Penner up, and Buffalo is in no position to give up Vanek, and he's not a center.

I don't think Mike Comrie would be a terrible player to pick up, Gelinas wouldn't be terrible either but I still think they need a real-deal center for the second line. Gelinas isn't a center.

Anaheim isn't going to give Penner up, and Buffalo is in no position to give up Vanek, and he's not a center.

Disagree. We should give Filpulla a shot at second line center, no question. We are lacking at wing, particularly, right.

I really think people are grasping for straws now that i see you all want Holland to offer contracts to RFA. I really really don't think the Wings are going to pick up any RFA's, its much too costly.

I really think people are grasping for straws now that i see you all want Holland to offer contracts to RFA. I really really don't think the Wings are going to pick up any RFA's, its much too costly.

Seemingly affordable though. I mean, with all of our possible UFAs gone, it really does seem like we have money to play with. Being a guy who relies strictly on nhlnumbers.com for salary cap info, and that not being updated, I'm clueless as to how the Wings are exactly financially. I just assume with the cap raised to 50.3, and all our UFAs gone, we have to be pretty damn comfortable. Then again, with Datsyuk's 6.7 in effect this season, it declines it a bit.

Disagree. We should give Filpulla a shot at second line center, no question. We are lacking at wing, particularly, right.

Filpulla is untested as an NHL centerman. He will be good, but he's not ready to shoulder the responsibility of centering a scoring line yet. I don't really see him being a center full time in the NHL anyway, just like Zetterberg doesn't center full time in the NHL, despite the fact he's capable enough to do it.

That's exactly what I'm been thinking.

Holland doesn't have the demenor to go out and throw someone an offer sheet anyways. He probably s***s himself every time he signs a gritty player (which isn't often).

I have my compliments for Holland, but I also have my complaints. It evens out in the end.

Has anyone put interest into Marek Svatos?... Tsn says he's restricted and could probably be had for 3-3.5... I know Colorado would probably match... but their currently at 44 Million in Cap... with 17 skaters signed... If they matched theyd be pretty low in cap room for a couple more guys...

Speaking of RFAs would or could the Ducks match any offer made to Dustin Penner?

Guest bullockz

Our D is set. Gimme Asham and look forward to training camp.

asham will be a great top six forward!

Guest bullockz

holland must be ******* high somewhere letting all the good FA's cruise by. anywyas, the only FA left thats some what worth it is guerin...big body, gritt, decent skater, amazing shot...but i doubt holland will pick him up.

holland seems to like wait until 2 weeks b4 training camp and look for the bargain pick ups. we need a top 6 winger, not a ******* 4th liner for f*** sakes.

asham will be a great top six forward!

Quit calling Asham a top 6 forward. He never has been, and never will be.

He plays 4th line minutes and can fight a little. He brings nothing else to the table.

Filpulla is untested as an NHL centerman. He will be good, but he's not ready to shoulder the responsibility of centering a scoring line yet. I don't really see him being a center full time in the NHL anyway, just like Zetterberg doesn't center full time in the NHL, despite the fact he's capable enough to do it.

never a better time than now to prove you right. he belongs in a bigger role within this club.

Has anyone put interest into Marek Svatos?... Tsn says he's restricted and could probably be had for 3-3.5... I know Colorado would probably match... but their currently at 44 Million in Cap... with 17 skaters signed... If they matched theyd be pretty low in cap room for a couple more guys...

Svatos would be a nice little addition

Quit calling Asham a top 6 forward. He never has been, and never will be.

He plays 4th line minutes and can fight a little. He brings nothing else to the table.

Give me a break. But Samuelsson and Hudler bring a whole to the table scoring there 11 and 15 goals :rolleyes:, Both getting more minutes then Asham who had 11 on the 4th line.

I'd take Asham on this team anyday. Fight a little? He can beat some heavyweights and most middle weights , watch some fighting videos of him before you talk about him.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I would look to the future and go after only one more player: Dustin Penner. He's young, he's big, he's talented, and he can skate. Brian Burke has shown his hand, he has extended himself too far. This is the time to pick off the powerforward of the future for a long-term deal the Ducks cannot match.

I have faith in our young corps of players, and for all the bashing I hear I like Lebda and Lilja on D. If I were Ken Holland I'd steal Penner from Anaheim, and sit on the rest of my cap space as insurance for later in the season.

P.S. Good job signing Hudler, he's one of the young guys who's going to flourish this season.

-Pete

Quick Edit: I'd love to see Arron Asham in Detroit as well.

Edited by N4C3R

I haven't seen Asham loose a fight in years, every fight i've seen he's either handed it to the guy or absolutely destroyed them. He scored 11 goals on the fourth line in Long Island, i bet he could get 15-20 in Detroit no problem the way babcock roles the lines, and he is a babcock type player too so he would fit in perfectly.

Give me a break. But Samuelsson and Hudler bring a whole to the table scoring there 11 and 15 goals :rolleyes:, Both getting more minutes then Asham who had 11 on the 4th line.

I'd take Asham on this team anyday. Fight a little? He can beat some heavyweights and most middle weights , watch some fighting videos of him before you talk about him.

For those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FypPm_tJ3vU

I like that he takes his helmet off in the fight with Richards. Seems like a tough dude for someone who's not very big.

And I guess he even scores a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlvWlP2dR7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlXuKEGp2ps...ted&search=