• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

norrisnick

Wings re-sign Hudler to 2-year deal

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

All my prayers answered. I fully expect him to win the rocket richard this year. 60 goals

He certaintly fills our need of a power forward.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

:clap: atta sprog!

Hurdle #1 acheived fer huddles... now will 'cock play 'im... hurdle #2 still left t' be seen.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest DetroitIan

Damn it.

Losing... faith... in... Holland...

What are you talking about? Didnt you know Hudler is like one of the toughest players in the league??? He ends careers with his powerfull hitting. Hudler would have smashed Pronger if he played in the WCF. You can bank on that.

What are you talking about? Didnt you know Hudler is like one of the toughest players in the league??? He ends careers with his powerfull hitting. Hudler would have smashed Pronger if he played in the WCF. You can bank on that.

Oh, sorry. Must have missed the memo.

Guest DetroitIan

Whatever you guys...he did really well last year with few minutes. He'll do even better next year with more!

Nah, I agree actually. I was just sorta ribbing Hudler a little. Tiny guy. But a ton of skill. :thumbup:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Whatever you guys...he did really well last year with few minutes. He'll do even better next year with more!

Im just josing. As long as he puts up the 50-60 points hes capable of ill be one of his biggest fans. Yea thats superficial. Deal with it

You are aware that what consisted of our 2nd line down the stretch is now playing in Illinois and California, right?

That be wha' I be sayin'!

Other than Jiri, all we 'ave signed be defenseman... which be odd we signed Jiri... but I be nah complainin'

I think there is a misconception that because Huds is so small that he is some sort of wuss? Which isn't the case. The guy is pretty damn feisty, and isn't one to turtle and hide when someone big comes at him. Not saying he's a tough guy, but he most definitely isn't afraid either. I remember late in the season someone was messing with Drapes and Huds comes flying out of nowhere in his defense and starts shoving the guy about three times and the refs had to seperate the two. That is some good stuff right there.. ;)

You are aware that what consisted of our 2nd line down the stretch is now playing in Illinois and California, right?

Yeah, I am. But regardless, I still don't want him to play here.

As if the Wings don't get pushed around enough already, having a 5'9 centerman is going to rectify the situation. It won't. I know Holland hit the snooze button a few too many times (again) during free agency and missed out on the good names, but I still feel there are potential names that could go on the second line over Hudler.

But hey, that's just me. I've never been a big Hudler fan. Come playoff time, a player of his calibre is going to be relativly useless.

But hey, that's just me. I've never been a big Hudler fan. Come playoff time, a player of his calibre is going to be relativly useless.

And you know this how? Just based off just 1 playoff year when he was on the bottom of the depth chart as a rookie? We don't know what's going to happen in the 2008 playoffs let alone the regular season that is still months and months away.

He's no all-star center in the NHL anytime soon, but he produced a good bit with extremely limited ice time, 15 goals in only 8, 9 minutes of ice time a game?

And for minimal money as well. This is a decent signing.

I guess people will find anything to get upset at though (not you specifically, generally speaking).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

And you know this how, just based off just 1 playoff year when he was on the bottom of the depth chart as a rookie?

He's no all-star center in the NHL anytime soon, but he produced a good bit with extremely limited ice time, 15 goals in only 8, 9 minutes of ice time a game?

And for minimal money as well. This is a decent signing.

I guess people will find anything to get upset at though (not you specifically, generally speaking).

His size is going to kill him. He will be held ineffective in the playoffs when the game gets a lot more physical. That's generally how it goes.

I am upset about this, because he is not what the Wings need. He is not a top 6 forward, nor a player to replace the toughness that's been drained away over the years. At this point, it's a relativily useless signing in my opinion.

But, oh well. Everybody has their own opinions. We'll see what happens come next season.

Edited by Kp-Wings