• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

norrisnick

Wings re-sign Hudler to 2-year deal

Rate this topic

His size is going to kill him. He will be held ineffective in the playoffs when the game gets a lot more physical. That's generally how it goes.

I am upset about this, because he is not what the Wings need. He is not a top 6 forward, nor a player to replace the toughness that's been drained away over the years. At this point, it's a relativily useless signing in my opinion.

But, oh well. Everybody has their own opinions. We'll see what happens come next season.

Seems that your opinion of top 6 forwards usually consist of 4th liners.

Seems that your opinion of top 6 forwards usually consist of 4th liners.

Just because you dont think Asham is a good player doesnt mean others dont.

Because I can think of at least 3 or 4 posters who'd rather Asham then Hudler. BTW , 11 goals on the 4th line , and Hudler had 15 on the 4th/3rd and at one point the 2nd.

Because I can think of at least 3 or 4 posters who'd rather Asham then Hudler. BTW , 11 goals on the 4th line , and Hudler had 15 on the 4th/3rd and at one point the 2nd.

Yep. Those 3 posters are you, me, and Lou. We can all agree one thing:

Asham to Detroit! Pull the trigger Kenny!!!!!!!1

hahah, I dont expect him to go out an nail guys. But he is not a fave of Babs and that may hurt his ice time which he needs to be, say a 25-30 goal guy.

Offsides says....barring serious injury/trade/and Babcock completely benching him games Huddles will score OVER 30 goals this year.

Write it down.

:crazy: Going out on a limb eh? I say 20.

Under offsides' conditions, my vote is 22.

Ryan Smyth.

I'm serious here too. Of the big names out there, I truly believe the Wings could have fitted Ryan Smyth in here, especially with Bertuzzi leaving (even though Smyth signed before Bertuzzi did, but still). I really believe it was possible for the Wings to sign him.

I guess if they didnt want to have a goaltender...

nice baby! lol i just saw it on the fourthperiod.com and im pumped ! lol one less guy to worry about , i had a feeling hudler wouldnt betray us , now lets get that extra forward

Who exactly did we miss out on that we couldve afforded?

Whether we need Hudler or not, we still only had 11 forwards. Im not sure why people thought we wouldnt sign him. Signing him was imminent. Theres not a better guy out there that we couldve signed and still had the money to get a legit top sixer as well as sign Hasek. Gelinas, Asham - these guys will cost around 1.5, and with the money left over, we wouldnt have had enough to get another forward. We need Hudler as trade bait anyways. Come trade deadline, who the hell do we trade? Kirk Maltby? a few more months of Samuelsson? More picks? If the kid can score 15 goals with crap minutes then he can score 20 with decent minutes. A cheap, young, 20 goal scorer is good trade bait. And if we dont trade him, its still not a stretch that hed be a 20 goal scorer by then.

if hudler plays really well and shows he can be a 20+ scorer and only be 24 i sure as hell hope we wont trade him for a guy whos gonna come here for a few months ......id rather include him in a deal that will get us someone to come here much longer then just the post season , if not then im not against keeping a guy of his talent at all , surround him with 2 pretty decent big men and he can be even better

Under offsides' conditions, my vote is 22.

they did sign rafalski .......it was either rafalski or smyth ........... like rafalski and smyth but there both overpaid if you ask me , no way are they 6 million per players

Asham is a fine 3rd or 4th liner, he just isn't a top 6 forward.

hudler is a talented son of a *****. give him 15 minutes a game and he scores thirty goals ths year easy. and being small doesn't mean he is soft either. have you ever seen him play? hudler is fearless.

Thats not a great comparison , Dino was as tough as nails , fought and scored big goals. Hudler scores goals, thats about it.

A. Dino is revered in hockeytown so that makes it off base by itself.

B. have you seen hudler play? I remember kubina Crosschecked him in the face in the preseason and hudler didn't back down.

C. Give the kid more time to play before you anoint him the next rico fata.

Hey, hey, hey...now!

I'm not playing over/under.

30 it is...or more.

Huddles can do it!

He better score a goal a game , because not only will he probably not be a regular when the season starts , Babs wont give him anything more then dirt icetime. I can see Hudler getting 15-20.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

He'll play...who else do we have? I hope he gets more minutes than he did this year, but as long as he plays nearly every game I still think he'll net about 30

Yeah, just like Martin St. Louis and Dino Ciccarelli, right? :rolleyes:

Oh Christ. You're going to compare Hudler to Dino?

They could have easily signed both Smyth and Hasek. That would just mean no Bertuzzi (who ditched us anyways).

Add me to that list bud.

We got 4 now! Good to see. :)

Now then: Hudler's production will depend on ice time.

Fairy tale ice time: He could score 30 goals.

Reality (because we all know Babcock doesn't like Hudler at all): 10-15, if he's lucky.

Ryan Smyth.

I'm serious here too. Of the big names out there, I truly believe the Wings could have fitted Ryan Smyth in here, especially with Bertuzzi leaving (even though Smyth signed before Bertuzzi did, but still). I really believe it was possible for the Wings to sign him.

Are you saying the Wings should've signed Rafalski and Smyth? Good luck signing Zetterberg in two years with four $6 million+ contracts on the team.

They could have easily signed both Smyth and Hasek. That would just mean no Bertuzzi (who ditched us anyways).

I dunno... hasek is still being a bugger to sign even with 8million open :lol:

Fairy tale ice time: He could score 30 goals.

Reality (because we all know Babcock doesn't like Hudler at all): 10-15, if he's lucky.

If he's lucky? come now...he got that this year with minimal ice time. He'll do THAT for sure again...and he's still learning a few tricks, so based on that...and more ice time, he should do well. it'll also depend on who his linemates are, but I think he will probably end up with Flip again...which will be good.