• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullockz

Going into 07-08

Rate this topic

Guest bullockz

first i'd like to say i use to post on here under "bullocks" but my account got disabled so here i am...im back baby! anyways.....

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Sammy - Filpulla - FA

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Franzen - Hudler - Grigorenko

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Lilja - Kronwall

Lebda - Chellios

Quincey

Kindl

Ference?

Now, if kenny holland can wake up in time to pick up a top 6 forward whos left, that would be great. i'm glad he slept threw kozlov and all of them..but its time to get cooking here. realistically theres only guerin left, he doesnt impress me too much....but without a decent 2nd line winger, our offense looks horrible. atleast he has some size and grit, which we are lacking.

it is said that we have $8 mill left under the cap, for hasek, huder (signed), a top 6 forward, and a depth defenseman...i really hope ference wasnt hollands idea as a depth defenseman. anyways, i'm sure kenny will wait until 2 weeks b4 training camp to get a good depth defenseman at a bargain price, but for this top 6 forward we can't wait much longer. also, hasek if ur out there, u could sign anyday now too. if i here another raycroft rumour i'm going to shoot myself.

Edited by bullockz

Guest bullockz

To be honest I still think we need a legit top 4 Dman; too bad they don't grow on trees :lol:

meh, not so much. i'm more worried about a top 6 forward. if a D gets injured were not that f***ed...quincey proved he can fill in. we don't have money for a top 4 defenseman, and i dont think too many our left...maybe sutton would be nice. boy the LGW posters would love that one!!! big & physical...i wouldnt have to read "we need to get tougher" every two seconds..

Guest bullockz

I'm guessing Sutton, or Vishnevski are potential canidates. With Vishnevski not playing these past playoffs gives me the impression he may not be as good as some think - I really don't know alot about him other than the fact he plays physical, & blocks shots.

Finding a top 6 forward will be tuff since all that's left is Guerin :unsure:

Maybe this RFA arbitration will result in a few players being released, or placed on the block for a trade?

sutton is a top 4 defensemen, he'll prolly get some decent doe. on the other hand, vishnevski is indeed a "depth defenseman"...and could be had for cheap if holland swoops in at the right time.

Guest bullockz

I get the impression that Vishnevski has alot of the qualities Markov has (hard-nosed, & decent defensively); if he's a Markov "type" then I'd have no problem with Kenny signing him, & pairing him with Lidstrom, Rafalski, or Kronwall.

well, if he did get signed im sure it would be as a #6, or #7 defenseman...but ur right, he's like a cheaper version of markov...loves to take the body.

We're you actually banned or was it just coincidental that your account was deleted?

The free agent list is very depleted at this point. I don't expect the Wings to take a chance on anyone who's currently left. Guerin, who's the only one left worth anything, probably won't sign here anyways, since he likes to play in "no pressure" markets. He'll probably go back to St. Louis or another non-playoff team.

Guest bullockz

I'm :cool: with that; however does he get burned 1 on 1 like Souray, or get himself outta position like McCabe? If not then I wouldn't have a problem with him being a Red Wing.

i'm not sure...havnt watched him too much. he use to be a top four defenseman himself, but fell off a bit.

We're you actually banned or was it just coincidental that your account was deleted?

The free agent list is very depleted at this point. I don't expect the Wings to take a chance on anyone who's currently left. Guerin, who's the only one left worth anything, probably won't sign here anyways, since he likes to play in "no pressure" markets. He'll probably go back to St. Louis or another non-playoff team.

i dunno it was just disabled..but i could still login and stuff...weird..this happened like a month ago i just didnt bother making another til now.

first i'd like to say i use to post on here under "bullocks" but my account got disabled so here i am...im back baby! anyways.....

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Sammy - Filpulla - FA

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Franzen - Hudler - Grigorenko

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Lilja - Kronwall

Lebda - Chellios

Quincey

Kindl

Ference?

Now, if kenny holland can wake up in time to pick up a top 6 forward whos left, that would be great. i'm glad he slept threw kozlov and all of them..but its time to get cooking here. realistically theres only guerin left, he doesnt impress me too much....but without a decent 2nd line winger, our offense looks horrible. atleast he has some size and grit, which we are lacking.

it is said that we have $8 mill left under the cap, for hasek, huder (signed), a top 6 forward, and a depth defenseman...i really hope ference wasnt hollands idea as a depth defenseman. anyways, i'm sure kenny will wait until 2 weeks b4 training camp to get a good depth defenseman at a bargain price, but for this top 6 forward we can't wait much longer. also, hasek if ur out there, u could sign anyday now too. if i here another raycroft rumour i'm going to shoot myself.

I still think that Dats and Z should be split up this season. The only way I'd like to see them put back on the same line is if they start stuggling like earlier this year.

Is Kenny making this the rebuilding year. It seems like he is letting the UFA's go by and planning to fill the roster with the young guys.

My gut feeling is that he is waiting to see what happens with Hasek. If they can't sign Hasek, Ozzie and Howard will be the two goalies to start the season and that Top 6 spot will be filled with a youngster from within.

If Hasek does sign then I believe it is Hasek and Ozzie, and a UFA in that top 6 spot.

That is just the way I see this shaking out.

Thoughts?

HERE is a good look at everyone in the system. i'm from the school of thought that it's time to play some of our youth. they'll never reach their potential if we don't give them the ice time and several of them have already proven they are ready to make the move to the NHL.

this is being provided just to give a better indication of who we have on our active roster and those that might be ready to wear the winged wheel this upcoming season.

i'm not sure...havnt watched him too much. he use to be a top four defenseman himself, but fell off a bit.

i dunno it was just disabled..but i could still login and stuff...weird..this happened like a month ago i just didnt bother making another til now.

Did you post in the spam blocker thread? Until you do you cannot start a new topic.

I am OK with not signing any more D-men, I think we have decent depth there. But unless Grigorenko is waay better than I expect (honestly I have no idea what to expect outta him), I want Holland to get a decent forward.

HERE is a good look at everyone in the system. i'm from the school of thought that it's time to play some of our youth. they'll never reach their potential if we don't give them the ice time and several of them have already proven they are ready to make the move to the NHL.

this is being provided just to give a better indication of who we have on our active roster and those that might be ready to wear the winged wheel this upcoming season.

Yes let the kids play. We have a lot of young talent, let's see what they can do. The only UFA left I'd like to see us sign is O'Neill.

Even if Hasek is our last signing, we're still going to win the Division this year, and we'll have a lot of wiggle room for the deadline.

We'll be ok, no need for everyone to worry. Last year people were freaking out, and not only did we win the West in the Regular Season, but we also made it to the Conference Finals.

Is Kenny making this the rebuilding year. It seems like he is letting the UFA's go by and planning to fill the roster with the young guys.

My gut feeling is that he is waiting to see what happens with Hasek. If they can't sign Hasek, Ozzie and Howard will be the two goalies to start the season and that Top 6 spot will be filled with a youngster from within.

If Hasek does sign then I believe it is Hasek and Ozzie, and a UFA in that top 6 spot.

That is just the way I see this shaking out.

Thoughts?

He WILL sign Dom. No fear there, it's just that's it's obvious both sides are waiting until the frenzy dies down and they can assign $X to a Dom salary, $X to Dom ncentives.

Kenny and Dom are in bed together, and it's sooo sweet to see... even if the mental image is icky. :yowza:

it kills me that abdelkader was drafted 2 spots above stastny. gah.

oh well...hindsight is 20/20.

Well I remember a lot of people had the same attitude and approach to Bert.

Every week some one, some article, some paper has said, Hasek will be signed this week. Hasek will be signed by the end of this week.

Guess what the weeks are starting to run out. (edit: I know there are months left, but this has been a sure thing since the end of the WCF)

I say let the rebuild happen, especially this year where it appears the central is the wings to have. Give the young guys a chance to experience some success.

Now I am not saying they can't rebuild with Hasek, I still would like him signed just feel that with the offer he got from LA, his head has got to be spinning out of control.

This is one of the most inconsistent guys in the league, and I am not referring to play!

Edited by Opie

Look at all the ridiculous contract term and money spent in the past week. It is out of control!

The Wings are in a great position to re-tool. No to any of the remaining cast off's from teams that are sub par to were the Wings are now....No to basically any of the remaining under performing UFA's forwards that there existing teams don't even want....

Sign Hasek. Give the young kids a chance to perform. Save money on the cap. Tweak as needed through trades. I still think with that formula the Wings are still in the upper class of the NHL. Prep for next years crop of UFA's as there will be plenty availible and we will be in a great position to scoop the cream.

I think if the team is going to give young guys shots, Howard should be one of them, I am not saying don't sign Hasek.

But even with Hasek signed Howard should, and needs to get some starts 8-15 with the club.

However that will be cutting into Ozzie's time and he is more deserved of the back up role, and Howard really needs to play in GR a full season rather than 8-15 games all season.

It is quite the conundrum!!!

Did you post in the spam blocker thread? Until you do you cannot start a new topic.

I am OK with not signing any more D-men, I think we have decent depth there. But unless Grigorenko is waay better than I expect (honestly I have no idea what to expect outta him), I want Holland to get a decent forward.

You only had to reply to "any" thread, it didn't have to be in the spam blocker thread.

I'm wondering if that is the problem was well, though, was that really a month ago?

Our 4th line is gonna be Franzen-Kopecky-Grigorenko. Babs wont play Hudler , Im sure people would love for him to play but he just wont , not for Babcock.

Scratch Kopecky for Asham and you got yourself a pretty good 4th line. :P

In a perfect world where everything works out the way it should and everyone reaches their fullest potential here's mine lineup:

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Hudler - Filppula - Grigorenko

Samuelsson - Cleary - Franzen

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Rafalski - Chelios

Lilja - Quincey

Hasek

Osgood

But alas, things rarely work out perfectly.

In a perfect world where everything works out the way it should and everyone reaches their fullest potential here's mine lineup:

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Hudler - Filppula - Grigorenko

Samuelsson - Cleary - Franzen

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Rafalski - Chelios

Lilja - Quincey

Hasek

Osgood

But alas, things rarely work out perfectly.

Love the lines the only thing i would change is ...

Lidstrom Kronwall

Rafalski Lebda

Chelios Quincey