• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

Kevin Weekes signs with Devils

Rate this topic

With Weekes gone and Lundqvuist unsigned (at least to my knowledge)...does anyone else here having that sickening feeling in their gut that the Rangers are trying to snag Dom from the Wings?

With Weekes gone and Lundqvuist unsigned (at least to my knowledge)...does anyone else here having that sickening feeling in their gut that the Rangers are trying to snag Dom from the Wings?

Nobody?

Umm... what?

Dom is no replacement for Lundqvist, so that should be thrown out the window right now. As far as a backup goes for the Rags, Al Montoya will succeed that role.

I am worried that a lot of teams with Marginal at best goalies are trying to steal him.

And steal him it appears they will, with what he co$t last year a lot of teams will want him on the cheap and probably get him for more than the wings want to offer him.

That's two positions a goaltender should not want:

Being backup for Roberto Luongo or Martin Brodeur.

If they don't get injured, you'll play 4 to 6 games a year..

Where's the fun in that ?

A goaltender like Kevin Weekes (not a superstar, but a reliable goaltender nonetheless) should aim higher.

IMO.

Absolutely not. Dom isn't going anywhere.

I thought for certain when I glanced at the title of this thread that someone was promoting Weekes as a replacement for Dom in Detroit. Sadly, it wouldn't have surprised me much if that's what this was about. <_<

Dom isn't going to the Rags, not that I'd blame them for asking. Just give the man what he wants, Kenny, or cut him loose.

Are any other teams even negotiating with Dom?

They don't have cap space for Dom. All free space is going to their own unsigned players.

Are any other teams even negotiating with Dom?

There was talk that the Kings were offering him a pretty big contract, but that's just a rumour. At any rate, I really don't think the Rangers are going to leave Lundqvist unsigned, so I wouldn't be too concerned about Dom going there.