• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Parise

Rate this topic

I know New Jersey is kind of yard selling there team and not signing many guys... any body hear anything about Parise.. how much hes asking... who hes talking to... also anybody think there is anychance he could come to detroit... 62 points last season.. which he doubled from the season before sounds extremely nice to my hears... I know he lacks the size everyone wants... but hes goign to be another one of the fast speedy wingers we are used to havign... soo nebody think theres a chance???

I know New Jersey is kind of yard selling there team and not signing many guys... any body hear anything about Parise.. how much hes asking... who hes talking to... also anybody think there is anychance he could come to detroit... 62 points last season.. which he doubled from the season before sounds extremely nice to my hears... I know he lacks the size everyone wants... but hes goign to be another one of the fast speedy wingers we are used to havign... soo nebody think theres a chance???

I don't see New Jersey trading him anytime soon. Sure, the wings could fill out an offersheet but that's a big no-no amongst NHL GM's. I heard one GM say that if anyone did that to him, he'd make it his mission to take every RFA that GM ever had the rest of his career.

Guest snowman89

Why would sending an offer sheet in the NHL be such a terrible move is there any other history there that anyone knows of?

Why would sending an offer sheet in the NHL be such a terrible move is there any other history there that anyone knows of?

It's basically an unwritten rule that you don't mess with other teams RFA's. Because if you do, you'll end up losing your own eventually.

I really think that Bobby Clarke going after Ryan Kesler was one of the reasons why he quit. If any GM does that, by his own will, you can kiss any communications with other GM's goodbye. And it'll make your upcoming RFA's a massive target for teams you've tried to grab players from.

So basically, if Holland were to do that, you can guarentee that someone's going to offer Zetterberg an outrageous offer and basically try to steal him away from the Wings or make his salary so impossible it'll screw our CAP for years to come. You can also say 'bye-bye' to a lot of the teams dealing with Holland when it comes to trades.

Edited by Hank

Guest DetroitIan

All I know is, if they ARE shopping Parise. I would welcome him with open arms.

Refresh my memory does he play defense?

If so :thumbup:

If not :thumbdown:

I think he is more focused on offense, especially in this stage of his career, just like Yzerman was. I've seen him play a few times and he didn't make any glaring mistakes.

He was a -3 in the regular season but a +4 in the playoffs.

Edited by Earthhuman