• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lou_Siffer

Islanders sign Bootland

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

I always liked Booter. I definitely want to see him have success somewhere. Hopefully he'll be getting regular minutes. The Isles have made some good moves, despite losing alot of talent.

Not like he was ever going to make it here anyways.

He wasn't all that great of a fighter to begin with, and Lou, I think you can agree with me. There are a lot better choices for players who can do his job.

wow... our forwards or possiblilities of forwards are dropping like flys... Perhaps the Wings Uppers has a case of Scurvy... or how you English gents say it..... the plague!

Cheers Q!

Edited by OsGOD

Not like he was ever going to make it here anyways.

He wasn't all that great of a fighter to begin with, and Lou, I think you can agree with me. There are a lot better choices for players who can do his job.

I agree, Bootland is not a good fighter. Im sure theyll replace him, as for whatever reason the Wings see the need for a few tough guys on their minor club but not for the big one.

Guest DetroitIan

I agree, Bootland is not a good fighter. Im sure theyll replace him, as for whatever reason the Wings see the need for a few tough guys on their minor club but not for the big one.

Yeah really. I definitely disagree with that method. No matter what I think our squad could use a sherrif. I would be willing to lose a little offense on the 4th line in order to have someone with a badge out there. But obviously thats not gonna happen for awhile....

I wonder if the Islanders are taking the Anaheim approach this season. Yesterday they already signed another big time fighter, Kip Brennan (name ring a bell Lou? :D ). Although I have to say Brennan is a lot better of a fighter then Bootland, they might still be taking that approach.

Yeah really. I definitely disagree with that method. No matter what I think our squad could use a sherrif. I would be willing to lose a little offense on the 4th line in order to have someone with a badge out there. But obviously thats not gonna happen for awhile....

Ive been calling for the sheriff forever, but no one answers! It does annoy me though that they'll have a couple guys who fight down in GR, but not on the Wings. Why the different philosophy, you know?

Kp- Yep, i know Kip Brennan. Never really thought much of him though.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Ive been calling for the sheriff forever, but no one answers! It does annoy me though that they'll have a couple guys who fight down in GR, but not on the Wings. Why the different philosophy, you know?

Kp- Yep, i know Kip Brennan. Never really thought much of him though.

Don't get me wrong Lou, i'm a huge fight fan like yourself. However, I don't put as much stock into as you might. I don't know where you stand specifically but given my druthers i'd take guys like Jamal Mayers and Jason Smith any day over Derek Boogard or Georges Laraque. Anyway, I digress. You mentioned the different philosphies between GR and the Wings. I don't follow GR. What has been their record the past 6 years? Are they better than the Wings in their respectivle league and can it be attributed to having fighters on the team?

They know minor league hockey fans expect a fight.

Hell, if I go to an AHL game and don't see a fight, I don't feel like I've gotten my money's worth :lol:

Don't get me wrong Lou, i'm a huge fight fan like yourself. However, I don't put as much stock into as you might. I don't know where you stand specifically but given my druthers i'd take guys like Jamal Mayers and Jason Smith any day over Derek Boogard or Georges Laraque. Anyway, I digress. You mentioned the different philosphies between GR and the Wings. I don't follow GR. What has been their record the past 6 years? Are they better than the Wings in their respectivle league and can it be attributed to having fighters on the team?

Well, if i were to look at it strictly from an entertainment perspective, I'd love for someone like Boogaard here. I dont put stock in it as such that i believe you need a guy like that to win though, thats just me the fight lover wanting him. I think a guy like that does bring some benefit, but just not enough for me to say its a necessity. As far as whats best for the team, yes, I agree that guys like Mayers and Moen are more what you need. I dont really follow GR either, as far as wins and losses. I just pay attention to who's on the team, and i know there's a couple guys down there like Bootland, Norton, and Amadio that will throw down. I just find it perplexing that an organization that seems to be anti-fighting for the most part would even bother having guys like that down in the minors.

They know minor league hockey fans expect a fight.

Hell, if I go to an AHL game and don't see a fight, I don't feel like I've gotten my money's worth :lol:

But what about all the people at the Joe who get on their feet and roar even when lamest of scrums breaks out? Dont they wanna give these high paying fans what they want? From what it sounds like after reading one of Matt's posts, Nill runs GR basically? That may explain why GR has a few fighters on it and the Wings dont. So to sum it up...I hate Holland :D