• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Holland: Free Agent Shopping is Probably Done

Rate this topic

Exactly.

Most of all, a guy who can't crack the Islanders top lines, and has NEVER been know for scoring, is suppose to come in and save our offence. :blink:

When has anybody ever said he'd be a top 6 forward?

I've said it all along: He'd be a good fit on the 4th line here. Since we're strapped to play Hudler, we might as well play him on the second line, since we have no other choices. I never said play Asham as a top line player, as he is not that at all. But he still is a good fit for the 4th line.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Hudler - Grigorenko - Flip

Franzen - Draper - Cleary

Maltby - Kopceky- Samuellson

I think I like the lines like this, and I don't think their horrible by any stretch of the imagination....

Grigorenko is not going to be your average rookie breaking into the league, despite assertions made by many here. Hudler and Flip showed everyone all they need to see this year, and I think with real minutes, they could do some damage.....the last two lines could be mixed up any way you like, and with Draper and Maltby serving a lot of time on the PK, they will have to be.

Honestly, this is the same lineup that made it to the conference finals, except without the dead weight. It'd be nice to add a top six winger and maybe someone for depth, but honestly, nothing on the market is all that great.

the lines

I'd be way for letting Hudler and Flip man a second line and see how things work (don't know about Grigs, even if he's been in a pro league for years now). It's probably going to end like this though:

Flip - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Franzen

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Hudler - Kopecky - Grigorenko

Since Sammy has never seen a shot he hasn't liked, Babs has never seen a Samuelsson he hasn't loved. Hudler will eat 4th line minutes all year long... whether or not the kid has more potential than "Mr. WHADDYA MEAN WAIT?"

Oh, I'm sorry, which NHL team are you a GM for?

You have no idea if it will work or not, none of us will until we see it out there, and the word atrocious is a bit dramatic don't you think? What Hudler did with limited minutes on the "He's lazy and he sucks" line was far from atrocious, and Flip flat out impressed at times last year. With a pit bull like Grigorenko centering those two, that line could be dominant.

You think it could be dominant, I think it would be atrocious. We're each entitled to an opinion. Theres no way you can be reliant on a trio like that for your second line.

I'd be way for letting Hudler and Flip man a second line and see how things work (don't know about Grigs, even if he's been in a pro league for years now). It's probably going to end like this though:

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Since Sammy has never seen a shot he hasn't liked, Babs has never seen a Samuelsson he hasn't loved. Hudler will eat 4th line minutes all year long... whether or not the kid has more potential than "Mr. WHADDYA MEAN WAIT?"

Zetterberg and Datsyuk broken up? I just don't see it happening.

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Zetterberg and Datsyuk broken up? I just don't see it happening.

Why didn't someone let me know that the season started already? Oh my bad, but with the way people are talking on here you could swear the season had started and that Detroit was near the bottom of the league. Right now with what is on the UFA list there might not be anyone who Kenny think would fit with the team. There are also RFA that might not get picked up by their team for a new contract, so for right now the options are not good pickings. Things might look up the further into the summer we go, and let the season start before criticizing player that either few people have seen play or hasn't played that many games in the NHL. They might surprise you.

As stated by many and spoken about in other threads throughout these boards, Kenny is back to stating the same problems with this team that he just doesn't seem to be able to solve.

We always seem to put a great team out there, but we've lacked "grit and physical play" for a lot of off seasons now. When is enough of this same old mantra from Kenny enough?

We need a guy like the McCarty of old... the Shanny type player is not available on the market right now unless Kenny makes a trade (Shanny is not going to sign here again) so we are limited to projects (Yashin, O'Neill, etc.) and low end forwards or people with checkered pasts.

Kenny doesn't want to make a knee jerk move, but he really can't be happy with the way things worked out this off season.

what do we have now after signing hasek ??? 5 million?? i say we still need a big body and i say we sign chris simon to a one year 750k deal , im sure most fans will be pissed cause of the stupid swing he took but hes still a big body that can fight and score 10+ goals which we need .......

that will leave us with 4.250 left , with that extra 1 mill cushion we had aside thats 5.250 we can use it for forsberg if he comes back , or just keep it for the trade deadline and/or payoff some bonus's , what id wish theyd do however is get rid of lilja and replace him by vishnevski or aaron miller

zetterberg datsyuk holmstrom

hudler filppula samuelsson

franzen cleary grigorenko

simon draper maltby

kopecky

lidstrom vishnevski

rafalski kronwall

lebda chelios

meech

hasek

ozzie

assuming hasek got 2 million .........sign simon 1 year 750 k ........sign meech 500k ....... trade lilja + sign vishnevski for 2.250 ......that leaves us with 3.500 total cap space left, i really like that lineup adds 2 big bodies , kopecky willl get playing time cause no matter how we hope it wont happen theres always injuries , i love those 4 lines , the cleary line has potential to all get 15+ goals , love the defense

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

Holland is playing mind games with agents. You can clearly see it with certain words he's putting out in the media.

"We would like to add a top-six forward, but we're probably not going to be able to because of what's on the market,"

"so we're not looking to add anybody significant for more than a two-year deal"

Sounds to me like he's using the media to knock the market prices and contract lengths down. He also basicly called every player left on the market a non top six foward :lol:

July 5, 2007

Wings want veteran forward

TheFourthPeriod.com

With many of the league's top free agents locked up to new contracts, the Red Wings want to sign a veteran forward with size before it's too late, reports the Detroit Free Press.

According to the paper, Wings GM Ken Holland is scouring the market for a proven forward.

Among the remaining free agents that might be of interest to the Wings, Mike Comrie (gone), Bill Guerin (gone) and Michael Peca led the list.

The Detroit Booth News reports the Wings have just over $7 million of available salary cap space.

Despite both Geurin and Comrie gone, Holland is still looking for a vet, But he wants one at a reasonable price with nomore than a two year deal.

:thumbdown: f*** you holland, im done, you suck. i had faith.. but no its done. i guess maybe if the free agency was filled with homosexual cheap dwarfs that cant lift ten pounds let alone hit or fight, then you would of went crazy and went on a free agency shopping spree. too bad , god damn you holland you are a *****. im done.

ps. lang is lazy

:thumbdown: f*** you holland, im done, you suck. i had faith.. but no its done. i guess maybe if the free agency was filled with homosexual cheap dwarfs that cant lift ten pounds let alone hit or fight, then you would of went crazy and went on a free agency shopping spree. too bad , god damn you holland you are a *****. im done.

ps. lang is lazy

Good.

p.s. Maltby rocks!

ps. lang is lazy

Homosexual cheap dwarfs? Are these dwarfs cheap like in "don't tip a lot' or are they cheap for night's fun? Cause I got a fetish that needs to be fulfilled. :blink:

ps. lang is lazy

you need to check yourself.

i don't think the Kings defense is anything to sneeze at. put Hasek on that team and I think as it stands right now, the Kings are a much better team than the Wings. their GM did his job, ours didn't. ours is just hoping he lucks out and a few of our unknown commodities has a bust out year.

i think this looks like a playoff calilber team. of course, they don't have hasek, i was just put him in their to illustrate what i'd have been like if he had accepted their generous offer.

if the Kings can acquire a decent goaltender - look out!

Frolov-Handzus-Kopitar

Nagy-Cammalleri-Brown

Calder-Armstrong-Willsie

Ivanans-O'Sullivan-Thornton

Blake-Stuart

Preissing-Modry

Johnson-Visnovsky

Hasek

Cloutier

Edited by alienanxiety

So, now we got people thinking Hussey should make the team? :crazy:

no, that was my whole point - as it stands now, Hussey, Ellis, and Bootland are our NHL tested depth players. I am not saying they deserve to be - I am saying THEY ARE. and it is Holland's fault.