• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RainingBlood

A big guy for Detroit

Rate this topic

I think He was mentioned but I think Boogaard would fit nicely in Detroit. With a 6'7 frame and 270 pounds would fit nicely on a 4th line. Not the power forward the Redwings might have hoped for but damn would he help protect guys like Datsyuk, and Zetterberg. He can also do somehting that Norton couldnt do, stay on his skates and win a fight. From what it looks he hasnt been signed yet. Thought I would throw it up for discussion.

Guest DetroitIan

I think He was mentioned but I think Boogaard would fit nicely in Detroit. With a 6'7 frame and 270 pounds would fit nicely on a 4th line. Not the power forward the Redwings might have hoped for but damn would he help protect guys like Datsyuk, and Zetterberg. He can also do somehting that Norton couldnt do, stay on his skates and win a fight. From what it looks he hasnt been signed yet. Thought I would throw it up for discussion.

Absolutely. :clap:

I can already here half the ppl on these boards whine about Boogaard being a waste of a roster spot. But thats just not the case. We would be just FINE to lose one offensive player on the 4th line in order to have a guy out there that can take on anyone in the league. We need a sherrif to start FINALLY protecting our stars. All these teams out there can just do what ever the hell they want. And they know no one on our squad can do a thing about it. But if we had Boogaard, I GUARUNTEE all those liberties taken against us will drop off bigtime.

There would be a 0% chance of getting signed by Holland if he were a UFA. Considering he's restricted, he has a better chance of getting a hat trick than playing here.

Guest DetroitIan

There would be a 0% chance of getting signed by Holland if he were a UFA. Considering he's restricted, he has a better chance of getting a hat trick than playing here.

Thats true. Even though it would be so great to have him. Its basically impossible. But it is a good topic. Cause we absolutely need someone like Boogaard. :thumbup:

Agreed.

In fact, I think Boogard has a better chance of becoming a 50 goal scorer then ever playing a game with Detroit. Holland would much rather sign a small, scrub center named Sven Andersson out of the 3rd tier Swedish league.

Thats true. Even though it would be so great to have him. Its basically impossible. But it is a good topic. Cause we absolutely need someone like Boogaard. :thumbup:

If we had Boogaard, hell i'd probably be back to actually recording Wings games again!

Guest DetroitIan

Agreed.

In fact, I think Boogard has a better chance of becoming a 50 goal scorer then ever playing a game with Detroit. Holland would much rather sign a small, scrub center named Sven Andersson out of the 3rd tier Swedish league.

Sad...but true.....

Guest DetroitIan

If we had Boogaard, hell i'd probably be back to actually recording Wings games again!

What do you think Lou? If Holland banged his head one day and said he was gonna go for a tough guy. And it was between Boogaard, McGrattan, Laraque, Orr, Ivanans, Godard and Brashear. Who's the right man for the job?

I really don't see Wild letting him go. He is big, cheap and well-liked by fans here.

There was a good reason the 'boogie man' was so popular when he played for the Houston Aero's. He skates like he's wearing cowboy boots. If the Wings are going to sign a tough guy, I'd rather have it be someone who can actually contribute more to the team than just racking up PIMs. There are guys out there like Chris Neil for instance, who can skate, score on occasion, play sound defensively AND drop the gloves. Boogie is a one dimensional player that gets skated around like a pylon. The Wings need some size and toughness, but Booger isn't the answer.

Guest DetroitIan

There was a good reason the 'boogie man' was so popular when he played for the Houston Aero's. He skates like he's wearing cowboy boots. If the Wings are going to sign a tough guy, I'd rather have it be someone who can actually contribute more to the team than just racking up PIMs. There are guys out there like Chris Neil for instance, who can skate, score on occasion, play sound defensively AND drop the gloves. Boogie is a one dimensional player that gets skated around like a pylon. The Wings need some size and toughness, but Booger isn't the answer.

Dont get me wrong. I would LOVE to have Chris Neil in the winged wheel. But Neil isnt a "sherrif". He does drop the gloves on occasion, yeah. But he would get splattered by any of the true "tough guys" in the league. But I guess where his fighting ability lacks, his scoring ability makes up for. But as for getting a sherrif for this squad. We would have to look elsewhere to fill that role.

What do you think Lou? If Holland banged his head one day and said he was gonna go for a tough guy. And it was between Boogaard, McGrattan, Laraque, Orr, Ivanans, Godard and Brashear. Who's the right man for the job?

Boogaard or McGrattan for sure! Laraque is still the best, but he's getting older and really isnt my kind of fighter. Ditto for Brashear. Godard's ok, as is Orr...but Boogey and McGratts are more my favs. For pure entertainment, I think i'd have to take McGrattan if forced to choose.

Guest DetroitIan

Boogaard or McGrattan for sure! Laraque is still the best, but he's getting older and really isnt my kind of fighter. Ditto for Brashear. Godard's ok, as is Orr...but Boogey and McGratts are more my favs. For pure entertainment, I think i'd have to take McGrattan if forced to choose.

Yeah, McGrattan would be my second choice. My first is Ivanans. I watched a decent amount of Kings games, and wow, this kid is a beast. McGrattan would be a very CLOSE second. Then Boogaard. Actually I just started a poll about this topic. Check it out.

I'm not Lou, but Laraque.

I agree with you. I like a good tussle just as much as anyone, but Boogie can do only one thing. If the Wings bring in a Sheriff find somebody that has a little more ability than Boogie. I say bring back McCarty!!

Guest Crymson

Agreed.

That scrub center would score goals, wouldn't he?

Exactly.