• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Most coveted tough guy

Rate this topic

Most coveted tough guy  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DetroitIan

This is a really tough one(no pun intended,lol). But I would have to go with Ivanans. From what ive seen from watching a decent amount of Kings games, he is a young, fast, hard nosed player. And the kid can drop the gloves with the best of em. He's more unknown out of the other choices. But If I could bring one tough guy into the winged wheel. It would be him. What do you all think???

As far as who i'd want, i'd rank it McGrattan, Boogaard, Ivanans, Orr, Godard, Laraque, and Brashear. The latter two i wouldnt take because of age and lack of desire they show sometimes. I originally wouldve had Orr at 3, but I was kinda swayed by what you said about Ivanans Ian. While right now he'd actually be the worst fighter (which isnt a knock) of the guys on the list, there still is some potential there to get real good and plus he's not a bad player either! I have to with McGrattan in the end though cause he's crazy ;) , and you're basically guaranteed a great fight every time he goes. He's really the kind of guy that any crowd would absolutely love. My god, he'd be a hero in Detroit!

Guest DetroitIan

As far as who i'd want, i'd rank it McGrattan, Boogaard, Ivanans, Orr, Godard, Laraque, and Brashear. The latter two i wouldnt take because of age and lack of desire they show sometimes. I originally wouldve had Orr at 3, but I was kinda swayed by what you said about Ivanans Ian. While right now he'd actually be the worst fighter (which isnt a knock) of the guys on the list, there still is some potential there to get real good and plus he's not a bad player either! I have to with McGrattan in the end though cause he's crazy ;) , and you're basically guaranteed a great fight every time he goes. He's really the kind of guy that any crowd would absolutely love. My god, he'd be a hero in Detroit!

Oh absolutely! McGrattan is so entertaining. Some of his fights with Boogaard have been AMAZING. I remember one, where they were just going back and fourth. Neither guy going down. I would take McGrattan/Boogaard/Ivanans in a heartbeat. Losing a little offense on the 4th line is totally worth bringing in guys like that. I long for that day.

Bring back Probert if you want a tough guy in Detroit or Kocur for that matter...

The tough guy is not a huge factor in the new NHL, Slow guys = PIMs and PIMs = losing, Yeah

This is pointless because none of these guys will where the winged wheel anyways.

To all the people who like the old nhl and the slow paced tough game, go watch it on your console floor tv and VCR cause I will be watching some fast paced new NHL hockey in HD on my 70" plasma, Yeah take that, everyone always cryin we need a tough guy, Stop whining and break out your VCR cause the game has changed and for the better.

I'm tired of people whining were not tough enough, If you don't like it than don't watch hockey and get off the forums

o.k i'm done but really if i knew who you people were i would choke the life out of you, o.k now i'm done

Bring back Probert if you want a tough guy in Detroit or Kocur for that matter...

The tough guy is not a huge factor in the new NHL, Slow guys = PIMs and PIMs = losing, Yeah

This is pointless because none of these guys will where the winged wheel anyways.

To all the people who like the old nhl and the slow paced tough game, go watch it on your console floor tv and VCR cause I will be watching some fast paced new NHL hockey in HD on my 70" plasma, Yeah take that, everyone always cryin we need a tough guy, Stop whining and break out your VCR cause the game has changed and for the better.

I'm tired of people whining were not tough enough, If you don't like it than don't watch hockey and get off the forums

o.k i'm done but really if i knew who you people were i would choke the life out of you, o.k now i'm done

Its nice to see that teams like Anaheim feel completely the opposite of you. Oh, that was that team that had numerous fighters and won the cup...in case you forgot already. I hope you enjoyed watching them hoist it on your 70" plasma.

Tough guys ≠ slow guys

PIMS ≠ losing

old clutch n grab hockey ≠ team toughness

one tiny example. Anaheim Ducks led the league in PIMs (both regular season and playoffs) and won the Stanley Cup. So your statement about PIMs = losing has been disproven as solidly as it possibly could be.

I don't like the old clutch and grab game, but that's not the same as wanting team toughness.

wow, bragging about some 70" plasma t.v. Talk about overcompensating...

Edited by haroldsnepsts

My favorite fighter is Derek Boogaard. For obvious reasons, of course. ;)

But, you know, he just wouldn't fit on this team. It would never happen anyways.

For the fighter that I would want, and be the most logical choice, would be Ivanans. He has some (not much, but some) offensive potential, and is a great forchecker. Not to mention he's an awesome fighter. Also, if it means anything to Holland: he is a European.

I should also disgress that I would love a guy like McGrattan on the Wings, but again: it would never happen. Still would love him here though. He has a great personality, and is a great fighter.

Brian McGrattan would be PERFECT in Detroit... and there is another player that should be on this list: Jim (James) Vandermeer.

My Detroit Red Wings dream team:

Homer - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

Cleary - Filppula - Neil

Maltby - Draper - Asham

McGratten - Franzen - Kopecky

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Vandermeer

Lebda/Sutton - Chelios

Hasek/Osgood

Guest DetroitIan

Brian McGrattan would be PERFECT in Detroit... and there is another player that should be on this list: Jim (James) Vandermeer.

My Detroit Red Wings dream team:

Homer - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

Cleary - Filppula - Neil

Maltby - Draper - Asham

McGratten - Franzen - Kopecky

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Vandermeer

Lebda/Sutton - Chelios

Hasek/Osgood

Looks GREAT to me. :clap:

As for who's actually the best fighters on the list, it would go as follows:

Laraque

Brashear

Boogaard

McGrattan

Godard

Orr

Ivanans

Laraque

Brashear

Boogaard

McGrattan

Godard

Orr

Ivanans

Yeah, Laraque and Brashear are definitly the best. The only problem with them is like you said: both guys are getting much older and less willing to drop the gloves on a regular basis. Laraque especially.

Guest DetroitIan

Laraque

Brashear

Boogaard

McGrattan

Godard

Orr

Ivanans

I almost fully agree. This is my list.

Laraque

Brashear

Boogaard

McGrattan

Orr

Godard

Ivanans

PS. I still want Ivanans over alot of those guys simply because he brings a ton of speed and intensity to what he does. And he's really young. But if I was strictly going by best fighter. I would have to go with McGrattan. Just out of the pure excitement level.

I almost fully agree. This is my list.

Laraque

Brashear

Boogaard

McGrattan

Orr

Godard

Ivanans

PS. I still want Ivanans over alot of those guys simply because he brings a ton of speed and intensity to what he does. And he's really young. But if I was strictly going by best fighter. I would have to go with McGrattan. Just out of the pure excitement level.

Had Godard not beaten Boogaard in impressive fashion, I wouldve had the exact same. He looked good with the Flames, but i can perfectly understand putting Orr ahead of him. Could go either way.

Yeah, Laraque and Brashear are definitly the best. The only problem with them is like you said: both guys are getting much older and less willing to drop the gloves on a regular basis. Laraque especially.

In Laraque's case, I dont expect the changing of the guard to happen any time soon. I think as long as he's fighting, he'll always be the best out there. But his heart isnt into it, plus he's nowhere near as entertaining as a McGrattan, so i wouldnt want him ahead of any of those guys. I expect eventually Brashear will freefall down the rankings and start getting beat alot...maybe even next season.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Theres a couple good fighters not on the list that I'd take on the wings anyday.

Jamal Mayers - Was hoping for him at the past deadline , guess Kenny doesnt like him like I do.

Darcy Hordichuk - Big , tough and mean. Pretty good fighter

Travis Moen - Best checking line fighter in the league IMO

George Parros - Beast with a stache

Ryane Clowe - Had 19 goals last season and alot of good fights , I'd give alot to see him on the wings , easily a top 6 forward

Eric Cairns - Not totally a caveman on skates , tough , a leader and a damn good fighter

Ian Lapererierre - can score 20 goals , a smaller , older version of Clowe really.

Just to name a few

Guest DetroitIan

Theres a couple good fighters not on the list that I'd take on the wings anyday.

Jamal Mayers - Was hoping for him at the past deadline , guess Kenny doesnt like him like I do.

Ryane Clowe - Had 19 goals last season and alot of good fights , I'd give alot to see him on the wings , easily a top 6 forward

Eric Cairns - Not totally a caveman on skates , tough , a leader and a damn good fighter

Ian Lapererierre - can score 20 goals , a smaller , older version of Clowe really.

Just to name a few

Parros is the man! He looks so old school. I love it. He's also quite talented with his fists. :thumbup:

Just to name a few

Those 2 are going NOWHERE for a long time. (theres no comparison between Clowe and Laperrierre either by the way)

Guest jaytan

I voted for Big Georges, and apparently, so did almost everybody else. Sure he's tough and he can fight, but he can also play decent hockey.

We don't need a guy to fight every other game just for the sake of it, but a guy who is intimidating to anyone else in the league and willing to drop the gloves when it's necessary to send a message or protect or fragile little stars.