• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

Wings sign Mark Cullen

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...layerId=8470005

ASSETS: Has solid playmaking skills and on-ice vision. Proved he could score at the collegiate level.

FLAWS: His lack of size and strength will always hurt his chances for regular NHL employment. Isn't a natural goal-scorer.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Fourth line forward.

GR signing, I guess. Edited by Systemfel

Jesus ******* Christ. Why is Holland so obsessed with signing guys clearly bound for GR? Does he really want them to win a Calder Cup that badly?

I certainly hope Mark Cullen isn't the depth forward he spoke of either, since he is not what this team needs. Another small center.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Jesus ******* Christ. Why is Holland so obsessed with signing guys clearly bound for GR? Does he really want them to win a Calder Cup that badly?

Good lord -- calm down. Every single off-season there are signings like this to replenish the AHL team. It has NOTHING to do with Holland being obsessed with anything -- G.R. is pretty much Nill's territory right now.

I predict at least 10 people to say this is a great signing, only later to realize they confused him with Matt Cullen. Its inevitable!

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Good lord -- calm down. Every single off-season there are signings like this to replenish the AHL team. It has NOTHING to do with Holland being obsessed with anything -- G.R. is pretty much Nill's territory right now.

The Griffins have a GM of their own. Let him worry about their team.

Every year Holland makes these signings for some reason. Last year it was Matt Hussey, Josh Langfeld, Krys Kolanos, Dan Smith, Brad Norton (not initially, but you know what I mean), Dominic Vicari, Scott Barney, the list goes on. That's 7, count 'em 7 signings all for GR.

Half of those guys hardly even played down there anyways. Langfeld was being sat up here, Norton sucked, Kolanos ditched the Griffins for Switzerland, Vicari played one game, and Barney was traded half way through the season to another AHL team. The only guys that stuck out of that group were Hussey and Smith.

I wish Holland would focus on his own conerns first (aka the Detroit Red Wings), rather then continue to make signings that are on a one-way ticket to GR. It doesn't help the Wings at all.

Again. You're assuming that it's Holland that has his hand in all of these things. Suggested reading: http://www.mlive.com/sports/grpress/index.....xml&coll=6

Maybe it's just me, but I recall these signing announcements as "Detroit Red Wing sign...." not "Ken Holland signs...".

Stop fretting about it. Oh, and regarding last year -- you do realize that the Griffins' roster was gutted last summer, right?

I do realize they had a depleated roster, but again: The Griffins have a GM of their own. Let him worry about it.

Every team makes these kinds of depth moves. Geez, its not like Holland is skipping by top free-agents cause he's too busy haggling with minor-leaguers.

I do realize they had a depleated roster, but again: The Griffins have a GM of their own. Let him worry about it.

This is a prime example of talking to a brick wall. But again: Read the link.

Henry -- Don't waste your time.

This is a prime example of talking to a brick wall. But again: Read the link.

Henry -- Don't waste your time.

What? I'm a brick wall because I don't like these completely useless signings?

If Mark Cullen was a player intended for the minors but could help the Wings if called up, then I'd feel differently. But no, the Wings sign another soft, skilled forward. It's get's annoying after a while.

But, whatever. Let's just agree to disagree.

Oh, cool. a local boy. (Across the river from me,) My neighbour's boss is his dad. Maybe if the Wings call him up and win the cup, he'll bring it here.........

Hey, out here, that's the closest thing I get to an actual Wing. Oddly enough, I didn't get the brothers confused.

Here's to a number of good seasons for Mark.

Oh, cool. a local boy. (Across the river from me,) My neighbour's boss is his dad. Maybe if the Wings call him up and win the cup, he'll bring it here.........

Hey, out here, that's the closest thing I get to an actual Wing. Oddly enough, I didn't get the brothers confused.

Here's to a number of good seasons for Mark.

You live in Fargo?

Guest DetroitIan

At first I thought it said Matt Cullen. I got excited. :(

Same here....

Right. So clearly Ken Holland has been spending days and nights dreaming about career AHLers that he can bring to the Griffins.

Come on, for Pete's sake. Every team signs depth skaters during the offseason. I believe that point is pretty clear. It seems to me that this has nothing to do with "disagreeing" and more to do with not using a certain important piece of human anatomy.

You live in Fargo?

Indeed I do!

Not a lot of local celebs around here. Blake going to the NYI got a front page aritcle in the local sports section. It's kind of odd- for as much as people follow the UND Sioux, there are very few NHL fans around here. Fortunately, I know a lot of Mich. transplants.

Mark's stats are far from impressive.

He only played 3 games with the Flyers, and didn't have any points to show for it. In 2005-6 he played 29 games with the Blackhawks and put up 16 points. (7-9-16). We can always hope. The Wings have been known to jump-start seemingly stalled careers.

He's not a big guy (5'11", 190) but if he drops the gloves, maybe he can be that enforcer we need. I have no idea of whether or not he is the fighting kind, but we do tend to behave that way out here, even us middle aged women :)