• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Wings off-season signings

Rate this topic

To all of the Holland haters, Detroit has signed one sure-fire Hall of Famer in Hasek, along with Rafalski who could have a good chance depending on what he does in the next few years. They've also added Hudler and have Grigorenko on the way..Sounds like a pretty good off-season to me.

we are getting many threads with this issue. Ow well the more the marrier. I think Holland has made smart desicions so far and the free agency isn't over yet. I know some may hate this as much as me but I have a quizze feeling he may go after Lindros. He is a big guy and wouldn't want a long term deal. I hope im wrong, I really do!

Hasek was coming back regardless. Rafalski , while a great addition was to replace, actually not only replace but makes Schnieder looks bad hes so good.

He really hasent done much other then those 2 , Hudler , Mark Cullen , Adam Berhoel and Brad Ference (Who I Like)

Hasek was coming back regardless. Rafalski , while a great addition was to replace, actually not only replace but makes Schnieder looks bad hes so good.

He really hasent done much other then those 2 , Hudler , Mark Cullen , Adam Berhoel and Brad Ference (Who I Like)

It doesn't matter if Hasek was coming back regardless or not. The bottom line is that people around LGW are all over Holland, but he signed two TOP TIER players, along with Hudler and he's also bringing Grigs over. Again, two potential hall-of-famers plus two very good young players have been signed. Not a "failure" of an offseason in my opinion.

Hasek was a given to come back.

Rafalski was a great signing, and I will never discredit Holland for this. He is such a great replacement for Schneider, because he's way better then Schneider. He's just as good offensivly, but also doesn't suck as defensivily like Schneider does. In fact, Rafalski was on the PK for the Devils quite a bit last season. Signing him was definitly a great move.

I am not with the Hudler signing. I have never liked Hudler. Maybe it's just me, but I really am not a big fan of small, skilled, European centers. Not my type of player. If he's a good as everyone says he is and does well next season, then I'll be the first to eat my crow with a side of garlic butter sauce. But until I see it, I won't like the signing much at all.

Grigorenko is unproven. No comment.

Adam Berkhoel is a depth goalie. He'll replace whoever Howards backup was in GR (Logan Koopmans or Stefan Liv, either one).

Brad Ference is a good pickup. I wish he had a chance to make the team though, since he hits a lot, and fights too. But, he's more then likely headed to GR, unless Babcock grants my wishes and gives him a chance.

Mark Cullen is just another depth signing for GR I guess. I'm not really big on these, but I see the bigger picture. GR needs players, and Cullen fits the bill. As I look at it, Cullen is a better player then I had thought when they signed him, since his College numbers were pretty good. He might still have potential left in him.

Overall, my only beef is the Hudler signing, since I never really liked him much at all. But, I'll live. I just hope he grants my wishes for Asham. If he does that, I'll stop bashing him.

In my book Rafalski is a top-10 defenseman for the last 6 years.

But I doubt he's going to make it into the HHOF.

Who cares ?

there are so many great players and personalities who had awesome careers but still didn't make it.

Who cares ?

there are so many great players and personalities who had awesome careers but still didn't make it.

Pierre Turgeon is a name that will probably be one that will fall into that group, solely because he never won a Stanley Cup.

That's always been my problem with the HOF selections. There are so many great players that don't get in simpily because they've never won a Stanley Cup. As I remember it, it's called the Hockey Hall of Fame. Not the Stanley Cup Champion Hall of Fame.

Pierre Turgeon is a name that will probably be one that will fall into that group, solely because he never won a Stanley Cup.

That's always been my problem with the HOF selections. There are so many great players that don't get in simpily because they've never won a Stanley Cup. As I remember it, it's called the Hockey Hall of Fame. Not the Stanley Cup Champion Hall of Fame.

Well said !