• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingsfan72

Oilers sign RFA Vanek to 7-yr, $50M Offer Sheet

Rate this topic

holy s***ttttttttt , i knew the oilers would make an offer sheet but didnt expect that and to vanek i was expecting one to parise ......man i feel bad for buffalo fans lol but i think they got no choice but to match it , shows edmonton is desperate though 50 million for 7 years ?? 7 million a year for vanek ??? thats just NUTS

It says he's still a free agent on nhl.com

is it possible for the wings to pick him up?

I think it would be incredible if we could sign him. I think he'd be a pretty good fit

what do you think?

6'2" 210 23 yrs old, plus minus leader last year. 43 goals, 41 assists.

unfortunately he's an RFA and likely going nowhere.

EDIT: Okay, he went somewhere. :lol: but at what a price!

Nope, Edmonton signed him to an offer sheet

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212929&hubname=

holy crap!

they gave up 4 first round picks?!?!

The kid looks like a great player, but ouch.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

6'2" 210 23 yrs old, plus minus leader last year. 43 goals, 41 assists.

unfortunately he's an RFA and likely going nowhere.

holy crap!

they gave up 4 first round picks?!?!

The kid looks like a great player, but ouch.

I hope you don't mean going nowhere in his career. :P

I don't think Buffalo CAN match that, can they? Not without drastically hurting their ability to continue restock talent lost with Drury and Briere.

Edmonton certainly has not made any new friends today.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

I guess approx. 7.15M a season isn't too bad.

7.15 aint to bad ?? you crazy ?? lol thats alot of money for a guy who has ONE 40 goal season , i think the oilers might end up regretting doing this move cause i cant picture vanek getting 40 goals in edmonton , that being said man do i feel sorry for buffalo fans .......briere drury vanek all likely gone, i cant see buffalo matching this

And even if the Wings would have signed him I don't really like the idea of giving up 4 first rounders is a good idea in this cap era?

edmonton just got 3 1st rounders this year and have nice prospects, i think lowe just got fed up of having players reject coming here and after this whole nylander situation im sure this is his way of giving his finger to the nhl for not doing nothing after nylanders agent faxed a note to lowe saying he agreed to a deal before nylander's wife decided she didnt wanna move to edmonton lol

Good lord. Kevin Lowe makes me so uneasy with his foolishness. The Sabres will probably match.

they called a press conference for 1230pm .........i really cant picture buffalo giving all that money , if they do its to show to the fans that they wont let everyone walk , thats alottttt of money for a guy whos only had one 40 goal season , took alot of balls from edmonton to do this .......guess it opens the door for us to make an offer to dustin penner lmao :P ( ya right lol)

they called a press conference for 1230pm .........i really cant picture buffalo giving all that money , if they do its to show to the fans that they wont let everyone walk , thats alottttt of money for a guy whos only had one 40 goal season , took alot of balls from edmonton to do this .......guess it opens the door for us to make an offer to dustin penner lmao :P ( ya right lol)

It is a ton of money for one 40 goal season, but he's 23 yrs old an in his second season in the NHL. He also had 6 goals and 4 assists in 16 playoff games. There's a lot of upside on the kid.

EDIT: he was also highest in the NHL at +47

Edited by haroldsnepsts

It is a ton of money for one 40 goal season, but he's 23 yrs old an in his second season in the NHL. He also had 6 goals and 4 assists in 16 playoff games. There's a lot of upside on the kid.

EDIT: he was also highest in the NHL at +47

still alot of money for a guy with one good season , if buffalo matches it its to calm down the fans , but i wouldnt be surprised at all if they cant match this

if they lose vanek along with briere and drury theyll have ......... pominville , afinogenov, connolly,gaustad,roy,hecht,kotalik and stafford left up front , still a nice young team but man is it gonna hurt

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

I think we should do a $3 million dollar offer sheet to Penner. The Ducks are only 2.8 million under the cap and wouldn't be able to match unless Niedermayer retires (which I don't think he will) I know people say that Holland would never do an offer sheet, but if Edmonton's going to, we might as well get in on it.

This deal is crazy . Vanek is a good player but is he worth over 7 million??....In the era of the salary cap when team's are supposed to be watching their money , there seem's to be far to much cash being thrown at indevidual player's.

This deal is crazy . Vanek is a good player but is he worth over 7 million??....In the era of the salary cap when team's are supposed to be watching their money , there seem's to be far to much cash being thrown at indevidual player's.

It's Kevin Lowe getting desperate in my mind. You've got probably the two most desperate teams right now and that doesn't make for a good combo. The Oilers were dumb to sign him to this because he hasn't proven he's worth it yet. Great he had 40 goal season and I think 25 in 06 but its only been 2 years. How many guys have we seen start off hot and turn into average players. This will be interesting.

I think we should do a $3 million dollar offer sheet to Penner. The Ducks are only 2.8 million under the cap and wouldn't be able to match unless Niedermayer retires (which I don't think he will) I know people say that Holland would never do an offer sheet, but if Edmonton's going to, we might as well get in on it.

you want dustin penner you gotta offer alot more then that , if you expect the ducks to not match ..........4.5 or 5 million a season for 7 years ........if we didnt get rafalski i would do it in a heartbeat since we can still draft well without 1st round picks but now since holland overpaid rafalski its impossible with zetterbergs big deal coming up

Isn't it like 24 hours... that the slug turds have?

LOL this is like Karmonos and ilitch with sergei lol

Edited by OsGOD

edmonton cant get anyone to go there and they got cap room lol i applaud kevin lowe , the man has balls of steel lol

we cant get players here ? then we'll just take them .........kevin lowe is the man

Does anyone know how long Buffalo has to respond to the offer?

It's something like 24 or 48 hours, but according to TSN they have called a press conference to discuss the matter. I wouldn't be surprised to hear them let us all in on what they plan to do.

I just can't see them letting him walk. Losing Drury and Dano leaves some big holes, and cap space.

still alot of money for a guy with one good season , if buffalo matches it its to calm down the fans , but i wouldnt be surprised at all if they cant match this

if they lose vanek along with briere and drury theyll have ......... pominville , afinogenov, connolly,gaustad,roy,hecht,kotalik and stafford left up front , still a nice young team but man is it gonna hurt

his rookie year he had 25 goals and 23 assists. So I'd say one good season and one great one.

But yeah, that's a whole lotta cash under the cap. If last year was an anomaly, then whoever signs him is screwed.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

you want dustin penner you gotta offer alot more then that , if you expect the ducks to not match ..........4.5 or 5 million a season for 7 years ........if we didnt get rafalski i would do it in a heartbeat since we can still draft well without 1st round picks but now since holland overpaid rafalski its impossible with zetterbergs big deal coming up

Well, first of all, unless Niedermayer retires the Ducks won't be able to match and still be under the cap. Right now they're at 47.4 million and that's without Selanne's salary as well. Secondly, I'm really starting to get sick of the Zetterberg argument. Are we not supposed to spend up to the cap now because we have to worry about Hank in 2 years??? If we did sign Penner to a long term deal and found ourselves short on cash for Zetterberg, I'm POSITIVE we would be able to find at least ONE team out of the other 29 that would be willing to take Penner off our hands. Hell, we'd probably be able to get back the 4 first round picks or whatever it took to sign him away from Anaheim.