• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

A good update from Holland

Rate this topic

If Lilja played to his full potential all the time, Brett Lebda would be the #7 guy. Since Lilja can't seem to put together a coherent season's worth of physical play, Lebda still wins the usefulness department.

Lilja's the man. He brings a little bit of toughness to the team, and he drops the gloves.

I may sound fight orientated but I believe we have enough skill on the team and we need balencing out with some toughness. Lilja is our tough guy. Hes the Pain Train remember ;)

I've never really liked Liljas play , Kronwall has better hockey sense and thats saying something.

But he picked it up in the playoffs and he isnt afraid of the roughstuff , which is nice.

I'd rather Lebda's speed as he enters the zone then Liljas. It was one of our biggest problems agaisnt Anaheim.

It really doesnt matter because Markovs not coming back and both are going to play.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Other than moving the puck outta our zone in a hurry, & potentially creating an odd man rush against our opponent :rolleyes:

Exactly. Lebda's not exactly a top two defenseman but his speed helps break the trap and create odd man rushes.

This past season I saw the Wings running several set plays from their own end using Lebda and Kronwall to beat the trap.

Not against the Flyers he didn't; wasn't 'till the last few weeks of the regular season, & into the playoffs did he actually play like he had a pair of nads; better late than never I guess.

He was just getting into his groove :P or summit like that.

Maybe he's trying to though everyone a curveball?

I dont know, but in my mind he's definitely made his fair share of screwball decisions!

Guest Lebda4Pres

I dont think Kronwall is that good. He is able to put up ok #s but he sucks more than a $5 dollar ***** in his own end i think he sucks and i dont no why every1 thinks he is so good he is always fanning on shots, passes and he is so injury prone and we consider this guy a conerstone......WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think Kronwall is that good. He is able to put up ok #s but he sucks more than a $5 dollar ***** in his own end i think he sucks and i dont no why every1 thinks he is so good he is always fanning on shots, passes and he is so injury prone and we consider this guy a conerstone......WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you even say Kronwall sucks when you obviously think Lebda is great? That doesnt add up, because there is zero question that Kronwall is superior to Lebda.

Are you by any chance, drunk?

Guest Lebda4Pres

How can you even say Kronwall sucks when you obviously think Lebda is great? That doesnt add up, because there is zero question that Kronwall is superior to Lebda.

I cant agree i think Lebda has much more potential than Kronwall .. Hes faster, smarter , can actually handle the puck compared to kronner and Lebda is less injury prone. Kronwall fans on everything all hes got is an okay shot and a hard hit but nothing else hes bad in own end he cant handle the puck and he makes rookie mistakes Im nnot sayinglebda is some norris trophy winner im saying that he has the potential to be 1 and Kronner doesnt.

Are you by any chance, drunk?

Are you?

Still , Kronwall does fan on alot of shots/passes , hes very injury prone and people are making him out to be this superstar , when really at this point in his career hes a top 4 defenceman at best. He could get better as he hasent even played a full season and hes 25. Heres hoping he plays 70+ games next season and develops more physically.

Not against the Flyers he didn't; wasn't 'till the last few weeks of the regular season, & into the playoffs did he actually play like he had a pair of nads; better late than never I guess.

Lilly had to find his place on this team. After he did he played a consistently rough game. I don't foresee him lapsing back into his old style (aka "the turnover machine"). I'm sure he knows what he has to bring to the team to stay on it.

I cant agree i think Lebda has much more potential than Kronwall .. Hes faster, smarter , can actually handle the puck compared to kronner and Lebda is less injury prone. Kronwall fans on everything all hes got is an okay shot and a hard hit but nothing else hes bad in own end he cant handle the puck and he makes rookie mistakes Im nnot sayinglebda is some norris trophy winner im saying that he has the potential to be 1 and Kronner doesnt.

Are you?

I love Lebda just as much as the next person, but when it comes to who's better when healthy,Nik is far more distinguished. You mention that Lebda is faster, smarter, and can actually control the puck, does that mean you think Kronwall isn't any of these things? First off, aside from Draper Lebda is probably the fastest guy on the Wings so that really means nothing and doesn't say a lot. Also, he is put out in pressure situations, and out on the point in the PP for a reason. He's got great vision, smart, and *can* handle the puck. He's quite a great passer as well. He just needs to stay healthy. That's the only thing bringing him down. Once he gets going you'll see what I mean. He'll be one of the best.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I dont know, but in my mind he's definitely made his fair share of screwball decisions!

Maybe he's just forgotten that our rotation doesn't include a knuckleballer?

Guest Lebda4Pres

I would have no problem with Kronwall if he earned the honor of franchise player but everyone thinks of him as much more than he is. He needs tto improve on his skills and i could change my mind(don't count on i) but forrite now i flat out hate Kronwall

Maybe he's just forgotten that our rotation doesn't include a knuckleballer?

Maybe someone should w.h.i.p. him till he comes to his senses?

Hey, remember that day McCarty got a split finger when he fought Tinordi? Now that was something.

Isn't that the same fight Tinordi lost his 2 front chickletts courtesy of DDS DMac :lol:

If my memory serves me right DMac cut his finger/hand on Tinordi's teeth - just prior to them landing onto the ice :hockeysmile:

Yep, McCarty dropped Tinordi good in that one, cutting his hand on Mark's teeth.

Maybe someone shout hit Holland so hard he gets the runs?

If he wants any credit from me for a run, he'll probably have to do a sacrifice and fly himself out of Detroit ;)

I'm kinda surprised nobody on the team gave him a new nickname ie DDS Darren, or DMac the dentist :lol:

Then again nothing's wrong with DMac.

He doesnt exactly have a dentists smile though! :hockeysmile: Does he even have the wisdom to be working on teeth? Although, i must say....though i dont want him back right now when he left I felt a toughness cavity on the Wings.

He doesnt exactly have a dentists smile though! :hockeysmile: Does he even have the wisdom to be working on teeth? Although, i must say....though i dont want him back right now when he left I felt a toughness cavity on the Wings.

And ever since, you have been pushing Asham to help bridge the gap, and saying that if we picked up a guy like that, opposing players should brace for impact?

You don't think he maybe just needs a little relief every now and then?

Well I dont know about Holland, but i sure as hell need Rolaids relief every offseason!

Lou , what is with you and puns anyway? :lol:

Just call me Dustin Punner!