• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sibiriak

Kulfan's list of remaining forward options

Rate this topic

Please let Kuflan be wrong about his entire list... Selanne and Shannon are the only health noncancerous folks on it. Tread water to mid-season or trade deadline...

Yashin= Lang x2 + Cancer

Edited by vangvace

for one year, why the hell not. we need a proven scorer. this is just like the hasek situation. and lets not talk about money because we have enough to spend for one year at 4 mill. because if we dont it just gets wasted. might as well take a gamble. holland is known for that. and yashin on the second line could be pretty good. plus when healthy he is better than lang

Guest Crymson

According to Detroit News Detroit News article

The Wings are considering signing Alexei Yashin and are ready to offer him up to$4 mil. a year.

His reputation notwithstanding, his skills may fit the Wings system reasonably well, IMO.

Your information is misleading. The article says this:

Alexei Yashin: A career underachiever who was bought out by the Islanders, Yashin is only 33 and has size (6-foot-3, 220 pounds). The key is price. The Wings don't want to pay him more than $4 million.

"The Wings do not want to pay him more than $4m" does not mean "The Wings are prepared to offer him $4m." Do you really think that Holland, after refusing to spend $4m on a potentially deadly power forward, would spring for $4m on a career-underachiever who is a veritable locker-room cancer and a spotty producer?

If your information were true, you'd see an article saying: THE WINGS ARE PREPARED TO OFFER ALEXEI YASHIN $4M. As is, this info in question comes from an article not entirely concerned with Alexei Yashin, and we've heard it nowhere else.

Please edit your post. You're garnering overreactions from people, and your information is suspect.

Edited by Crymson

I'd rather the Wings give the Habs a draft pick (preferably later round) for Kovalev whom is said to be @ odds with Gainey, & Carboneau.

It'd be nice, but they're probably in the same boat we are. How to replace the scoring? When Kovalev is on, he's one of the best in the NHL, always has been. Expect them to want a more considerable return than a pick.

I agree. Trading one lazy ass for another makes no sense, especially at $4 million/year. The article's wording seems to imply that the Wings were actually talking money with Yashin's agent; but I am not sure about that. Strange little piece.

Yashin? No way.

Did anyone else notice, at the end of the article where they're talking about Grigorenko not attending the prospects camp... not only did he have visa problems, but now there's a contractual problem with his old team? What's that about??

...Hmmm, just as I thought. Yashin, born in Europe, has an accent, sure he weighs over 200, but plays like he's 125...

...Lets see, if both Yashin and Comrie are cancer in the room, then I guess I was right about Holland and the reason he wasn't interested in Comire. He wasn't born in Europe, he doesn't speak with an accent, he likes to hit and won't shy away from the physical play. What about Yashin makes him different? Oh yeah, $4MM will be more than Comrie is making and would've made here in Detroit. Now tell me I am making this crap up!!!!

...if Holland give Yashin $4MM and passed on Comrie for $3.5MM then Holland should be slapped... (and fired)

...Comrie is better than Yashin...

I am not a yashin fan... never have been never will be. However, Yashin is the most likely to arrive in Detroit. Forsberg is injured, Shanny is staying in NY, Selanne isnt going anywhere, LIndros, well Kenny know better, and peca and carter have no purpose.

Yashin could easily smarten up and act noraml on a serious team. He played in Ottawa when they basically sucked, and in Ny with the Isles, the biggest joke ,managing wise, in the league.

Yashin gives us that solid second line center with solid scoring ability, For a solid chance for a cup he could play serious.

Grab Yashin and a hard nosed grinder and were set... I mean he's basically all thats left... not for 4 million but maybe 2.5, if he's already getting money from NYI.

Please understand LGWers and Wings fan that this article offers no major hints that the Wings are close to offering a deal to Yashin or something is "all but done", and the same thing goes for all the other players listed in this article.

It is pure speculation from a more general sense and is showing no major bias towards one player or is not stating the Wings are going to offer a contract to somebody in X amount of days.

Nothing to get too excited about from this article.

...Hmmm, just as I thought. Yashin, born in Europe, has an accent, sure he weighs over 200, but plays like he's 125...

...Lets see, if both Yashin and Comrie are cancer in the room, then I guess I was right about Holland and the reason he wasn't interested in Comire. He wasn't born in Europe, he doesn't speak with an accent, he likes to hit and won't shy away from the physical play. What about Yashin makes him different? Oh yeah, $4MM will be more than Comrie is making and would've made here in Detroit. Now tell me I am making this crap up!!!!

...if Holland give Yashin $4MM and passed on Comrie for $3.5MM then Holland should be slapped... (and fired)

Your making this crap up. I'm getting pissed off with all this Euro bashing , Vladdy is a Euro , so is Fischer they weren't exactly soft . I'm not saying that Yashin isn't a cancer or anything . but this BS about soft Euro's has to stop.

I don't care where our player's come from as long as they get the job done.

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

considering the fact that yashin is already getting money from his contract buyout, combined with the fact that he is an underachieving bum, i cannot imagine any team willing to pay him $4mil to play. that guy would be getting over $6mil and he would still be inconsistent as all hell.

i know this is from tne complete other end of the spectrum but i really think holland should try to sign aaron asham for like $800k. hes young, gritty, more than willing to fight and he has some offensive ability.

Your information is misleading. The article says this:

"The Wings do not want to pay him more than $4m" does not mean "The Wings are prepared to offer him $4m." Do you really think that Holland, after refusing to spend $4m on a potentially deadly power forward, would spring for $4m on a career-underachiever who is a veritable locker-room cancer and a spotty producer?

If your information were true, you'd see an article saying: THE WINGS ARE PREPARED TO OFFER ALEXEI YASHIN $4M. As is, this info in question comes from an article not entirely concerned with Alexei Yashin, and we've heard it nowhere else.

Please edit your post. You're garnering overreactions from people, and your information is suspect.

One'd think that a Mr. Nitpicker like you would be able to tell the difference between: "The Wings are considering signing Alexei Yashin and are ready to offer him up to$4 mil. a year.", and "The Wings are prepared to offer him $4m."

The first says that the Wings management is thinking about it and is willing to pay less or equal to $4mil. The second says that the Wings have decided to offer $4 mil. I only wrote the first. You somehow read the second.

I'd rather the Wings give the Habs a draft pick (preferably later round) for Kovalev whom is said to be @ odds with Gainey, & Carboneau.

:clap:

I think Kovalev is at least redeemable. At least give Babs a shot at breaking his will, ala the horse whisperer but with Russian sub-titles.

I'm not a Yashin-fan, but Mikey Comrie doens't come near Yashin.

he is way better than him.

Yashin, when in shape and motivated, is a superb hockeyplayer.

But the last few years he is been sloppy and overpaid.

According to Detroit News Detroit News article

The Wings are considering signing Alexei Yashin and are ready to offer him up to$4 mil. a year.

His reputation notwithstanding, his skills may fit the Wings system reasonably well, IMO.

Wow! How did you read that into the article. I read it as here's who's left and the Wings would never pay more than $4m for Yashin. Nowhere does it even suggest that they are interested in offering Yashin anything.

I guess that's how rumors start.

Wow! How did you read that into the article. I read it as here's who's left and the Wings would never pay more than $4m for Yashin. Nowhere does it even suggest that they are interested in offering Yashin anything.

I guess that's how rumors start.

If the Wings have no interest in Yashin, then why mention $4mil. (or any other number) at all?