• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sibiriak

Kulfan's list of remaining forward options

Rate this topic

If the Wings have no interest in Yashin, then why mention $4mil. (or any other number) at all?

i' m assuming that's how much the author of the article thinks it's going to take to get Yashin. "more than 4 million"

it would read better if said "The wings might be interested if he was affordable. Although it looks like he could command more than 4 million on the open market."

that's how i read it.

Im not worried about this, its not going to happen. Giving 4 million to Yashin would be one of the biggest jokes of all time.

Do people even read the article posted??? Whoever started this thread should be given a warning and this thread should be closed down. NOWHERE does it say the Wings are prepared to offer 4M to Yashin.

And just in case anyone else spouts it off, Yashin is NOT a lockerroom cancer. Hes, according to Isles fans, one of the nicest guys youll ever meet. I forget who said it, but someone once said about Yashin "Hes the nicest guy youll ever meet off the ice. Unfortunately, hes the nicest guy youll ever meet on the ice too."

Hes a good guy, questionable player.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

:clap:

I think Kovalev is at least redeemable. At least give Babs a shot at breaking his will, ala the horse whisperer but with Russian sub-titles.

LOL! Priceless...

Kovalev is one of the few players that is all-offense. He has no defensive upside. That being said, he could floursh on the Wings PP and would be an EXCELLENT person to pair with Pavel. He sets 'em up, Kovalev knocks 'em down.

Forsberg, while his past makes me dry heave, is the prototypical powerforward. If he was healthy and willing, I would throw $4million at him in a second.

If the Wings have no interest in Yashin, then why mention $4mil. (or any other number) at all?

These are guys who the Wings *might* be interested in. Mentioning the number gives further insight whether or not the Wings would consider said player. In this case, it means the Wings probably DONT have interest in Yashin if thats what hes asking.

Forsberg, while his past makes me dry heave, is the prototypical powerforward. If he was healthy and willing, I would throw $4million at him in a second.

just when exactly Forsberg has last been healthy?

1997?

...Hmmm, just as I thought. Yashin, born in Europe, has an accent, sure he weighs over 200, but plays like he's 125...

...Lets see, if both Yashin and Comrie are cancer in the room, then I guess I was right about Holland and the reason he wasn't interested in Comire. He wasn't born in Europe, he doesn't speak with an accent, he likes to hit and won't shy away from the physical play. What about Yashin makes him different? Oh yeah, $4MM will be more than Comrie is making and would've made here in Detroit. Now tell me I am making this crap up!!!!

...if Holland give Yashin $4MM and passed on Comrie for $3.5MM then Holland should be slapped... (and fired)

...Comrie is better than Yashin...

You are probably the only one, or the very few in here, that make up crap about all European players playing "soft". It's a terrible generalization and it makes you sound idiotic.

Guest Crymson

One'd think that a Mr. Nitpicker like you would be able to tell the difference between: "The Wings are considering signing Alexei Yashin and are ready to offer him up to$4 mil. a year.", and "The Wings are prepared to offer him $4m."

The first says that the Wings management is thinking about it and is willing to pay less or equal to $4mil. The second says that the Wings have decided to offer $4 mil. I only wrote the first. You somehow read the second.

The article said NOTHING about the Wings CONSIDERING anything. It said "the Wings don't want to pay him more than $4m. That's a rather obvious fact. The Wings would not pay $4m for Bertuzzi either.

The article in question is an opinion piece by the writer only. It contains no information whatsoever from the team.

Guest Crymson

Ask the writer. Regardless, he's not from the Red Wings organization.

If the Wings were looking into Yashin and were considering offering him $4m per year, we'd have heard other than a footnote in an article which also talked about 8 other players. Don't you think that info might have been just a TAD bit important enough to warrant its own piece?

Yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. In no way did that article suggest that the Wings are ready to offer 4 million for Yashin.

But I would like to see him here, but for no more then 3 mil per year. I mean, this guy does have a seriously killer wrist shot.

Guest Crymson

Which is why he won the Art Ross and the Hart in 2003.

He has been very healthy in some years; he has 5 70+ game seasons. However, he's spotty. In '03-'04, he played less than 40 games.

Your making this crap up. I'm getting pissed off with all this Euro bashing , Vladdy is a Euro , so is Fischer they weren't exactly soft . I'm not saying that Yashin isn't a cancer or anything . but this BS about soft Euro's has to stop.

I don't care where our player's come from as long as they get the job done.

I just find it amusing considering all of you are of mainly European stock anyway...

He has been very healthy in some years; he has 5 70+ game seasons. However, he's spotty. In '03-'04, he played less than 40 games.

IF he plays in the NHL next season he'll have to be healthy otherwise he'll quite likely retire. And if he's healthy then he IS the best alternative out there because he'll accept getting a short term contract...Considering how far from the cap we are money won't really be a problem as long as Forsberg signs for a year only...

dont get me wrong, i dont think Yashin is the sollution. but it seems like every remaining UFA has some question marks.

lets get a few things straight.................

#1. no one, and i mean no one, including Yashins camp, believe that hes going to get 4 million from any NHL team. hes already getting upwards of 2 mil from the isles and adding another 4 mil would suggest hes a top flight center.........even Yashin himself could admit that he is most certainly not worth that. if the man really wants to play in the NHL next season he cant ask for more than 2 mil or hes out of luck. so dont worry about us selling the farm for this guy

#2. hes played on crap teams his whole career where hes been expected to be the heavenly savior each time. no one can live up to un-atainable goals. im open to the idea of giving him a shot on a winning team that has a chance at the cup

#3. im struggling to see how our 2nd line looks better as it is right now (and im including every possible combo that people have suggested) than it would with a talented center capable of putting up solid #'s. call him a cancer in the locker room but i dont think he can break the resolve of the players we already have there.

#4. say what you want about Lang. yes he was lazy and he sucks..........but he scored 20 goals, including some big goals in the playoffs, and those need to be replaced somehow. without a legit 2nd line center we are in trouble even without possible injuries.

so im just trying to say that it will be a gamble no matter who we sign and it wont be the end of the world if it ends up being Yashin

Your making this crap up. I'm getting pissed off with all this Euro bashing , Vladdy is a Euro , so is Fischer they weren't exactly soft . I'm not saying that Yashin isn't a cancer or anything . but this BS about soft Euro's has to stop.

...I am not bashing Euro's, but bashing Holland's tendacy to sign European players over North American players with the same or worse skills. Most the time overpaying them as well. A few threads ago, I simply asked the question why Holland may not of shown interest in Comrie, and I suggested, mostly in jest and frustration that it was because he wasn't born in Europe and likes to hit, etc...

...somebody mentioned that Comrie was a cancer in the lockeroom and he wasn't a team player. Now today, a news article suggest that the Wings can have Yashin for $4MM and someone earlier said that they wouldn't want then to sign Yashin because he was a cancer in the lockeroom. Well, then I suggested that my theory was true, seeing that Comrie and Yashin are comparable, EXCEPT for the fact that Comrie is North American and likes to hit and sometimes fight if he has tom, PLUS he signed for only $3.5MM. SO, the obvious reason then that Holland would be interested in Yashin and NOT Comrie, since the cancer and scoring parts are similar, MUST be because Holland has hard-on's for Euro's. Not that Euro's suck, but Holland sucks because he could have had Comrie for $500,000 less and Comrie actually has some grit, yet rumor has him possibly offering Yashin $4MM and Yashin is as gritty as a wet sandwich bag...

...I am not bashing Euro's, but bashing Holland's tendacy to sign European players over North American players with the same or worse skills. Most the time overpaying them as well. A few threads ago, I simply asked the question why Holland may not of shown interest in Comrie, and I suggested, mostly in jest and frustration that it was because he wasn't born in Europe and likes to hit, etc...

...somebody mentioned that Comrie was a cancer in the lockeroom and he wasn't a team player. Now today, a news article suggest that the Wings can have Yashin for $4MM and someone earlier said that they wouldn't want then to sign Yashin because he was a cancer in the lockeroom. Well, then I suggested that my theory was true, seeing that Comrie and Yashin are comparable, EXCEPT for the fact that Comrie is North American and likes to hit and sometimes fight if he has tom, PLUS he signed for only $3.5MM. SO, the obvious reason then that Holland would be interested in Yashin and NOT Comrie, since the cancer and scoring parts are similar, MUST be because Holland has hard-on's for Euro's. Not that Euro's suck, but Holland sucks because he could have had Comrie for $500,000 less and Comrie actually has some grit, yet rumor has him possibly offering Yashin $4MM and Yashin is as gritty as a wet sandwich bag...

Yashin is lame...but not cuz he's a Euro...

Have any more examples? Have you read why Comrie wanted to go to Long Island? I'll assume no. Comrie wants to be a #1 center, would he be a #1 center here? No. Therefore he has no incentive to sign here.

As for Comrie liking to hit? He had 44 hits in 67 games this year and 30 in 80 games last year. That's liking to hit?

I really really really realyl hope not! I would almost rather have anyone else on that list then Yashin...I just hate the guy! Plus Kenny isn't that dumb to give him 4 million, no way!

Agreed... most of here in the States came from Europe too. My Dad came here from Scotland, does this mean I'm soft? Just remember unless you are a Native American, you ain't exactly from here either. I think there are more "North Americans" who play a gritty game, but that does not mean all North Americans are tough or all Euros are soft. As more and more Europeans are coming to the NHL, they're learning to play the North American style of hockey. By the way, Holmstrom, Franzen, Samuelson and I would even say Datsyuk and Zetterberg can hold their own... they may not fight, but neither did Yzerman. Was he soft?

Agreed... most of here in the States came from Europe too. My Dad came here from Scotland, does this mean I'm soft? Just remember unless you are a Native American, you ain't exactly from here either. I think there are more "North Americans" who play a gritty game, but that does not mean all North Americans are tough or all Euros are soft. As more and more Europeans are coming to the NHL, they're learning to play the North American style of hockey. By the way, Holmstrom, Franzen, Samuelson and I would even say Datsyuk and Zetterberg can hold their own... they may not fight, but neither did Yzerman. Was he soft?

On the contrary , Stevies been a couple scraps over his career. That just added to his grittyness. Zetterbergs past 2 playoffs proved he has grit in him. Datsyuk is just a feisty little bugger , I swear I saw him swinging at Pahlsson a couple times during the Anaheim series :lol:

So yeah , Euros arent soft. There are a couple who are , we dont have any on the wings though.

On the contrary , Stevies been a couple scraps over his career. That just added to his grittyness. Zetterbergs past 2 playoffs proved he has grit in him. Datsyuk is just a feisty little bugger , I swear I saw him swinging at Pahlsson a couple times during the Anaheim series :lol:

So yeah , Euros arent soft. There are a couple who are , we dont have any on the wings though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-vo1OVYcyY

there used to be a good clip of Yzerman and Cheli getting into it too (when Cheli was still a Hawk), but I couldn't find it anymore.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

...Hmmm, just as I thought. Yashin, born in Europe, has an accent, sure he weighs over 200, but plays like he's 125...

...Lets see, if both Yashin and Comrie are cancer in the room, then I guess I was right about Holland and the reason he wasn't interested in Comire. He wasn't born in Europe, he doesn't speak with an accent, he likes to hit and won't shy away from the physical play. What about Yashin makes him different? Oh yeah, $4MM will be more than Comrie is making and would've made here in Detroit. Now tell me I am making this crap up!!!!

...if Holland give Yashin $4MM and passed on Comrie for $3.5MM then Holland should be slapped... (and fired)

...Comrie is better than Yashin...

You've been warned about your blatant Euro bashing before. Knock it off.