• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lebda4Pres

I just read an interesting article about #88

Rate this topic

Guest Lebda4Pres

Only if we can sign him to a per game contract instead of a one season contract.

HAHA

If the guy signed for 1M flat out, maybe with some bonuses (the biggest one being games played), then this might be an interesting idea. I think the biggest misconception that people have is because Lindros is so injury prone, he plays a fragile game, when in fact he is likely so injury prone because hes never stopped playing a big mans game.

I wouldnt count on him for too much offense, but hes still a tough guy to cover, a big presence, and has some offensive touch. I dont see how he could be any worse than some of the other options out there.

Although he didnt put up any points, he looked good in the playoffs for the Stars too.

I mean, i'm not jumping up and down for the idea.....but past history has shown me not to count a move like this out. Hell, even if he is injury prone, 80% of the board here was praying every night the red wings would resign bertuzzi. Now bert probably has a more apparent upside....but you know Lindros isnt going to command a 4 mil dollar a year salary which helps the team on a whole new level. Not to mention he never broke anyone neck.

What suprises me is that it says the red wings arent interested in Peca.....not that I care if we get him or not, but it seems like he could fit into our system well enough and it seems like they arent sold on rex filling in a constant spot on our roster yet either.

If the red wings sign lindros to a relatively cheap contract, I *could* see it being a signing that most people are bitter about until around November when he comes out of the wood-works and starts winning the fans over and have us all praising Holland again for finding such remarkable deals all up until next years off-season when the red wings weren't able to sign Iginla for 3.5 mil a year eventhough he just renewed his contract with the flames.

What suprises me is that it says the red wings arent interested in Peca.

Here's what another article said about that.

Michael Peca: The Wings aren't interested because they already have Kris Draper.

[sarcasm] Yea, another smart versatile defensive forward would really be to much, especially in the modern NHL where killing off penalties is a rarity. And this is a Draper that can score too! This is to much for me Holland, u better keep away from him!

What we really need is a player that is close to keeling over and dieing (Forsberg, Lindros..Shanny is nearing that point too) or a player with no defensive awareness (Yashin). [/sarcasm]

Here's what another article said about that.

[sarcasm] Yea, another smart versatile defensive forward would really be to much, especially in the modern NHL where killing off penalties is a rarity. And this is a Draper that can score too! This is to much for me Holland, u better keep away from him!

What we really need is a player that is close to keeling over and dieing (Forsberg, Lindros..Shanny is nearing that point too) or a player with no defensive awareness (Yashin). [/sarcasm]

You want to talk about players that are close to keeling over and dying, yet thats exactly why no one has yet to touch Peca. The reason hes still around at this point is because of his recent injury problems.

if it were me i would offer both yashin and lindros to a 1.5mil contract its better than nothing shoot even if big e goes down we have some good forwards in the minors to cover and for yashin he has never been on a team like the wings the wings dont look to one guy to do everything that could work for him and he might shock allot of people

If they sign Lindros, then it's a definite sign (IMO) that the Wings are starting to let Yzerman have significant input into personnel moves. He's always been in favor of us landing #88...I want to say that he even lobbied the Wings to trade Fedorov for him back in the day (If I have that right, it was in "Hockey Gods").

If the price is right, it wouldn't shock me a bit. But if Yashin would take a couple of million, I would take him in a heartbeat. Datsyuk would love another Russian on his line, and Yashin would love playing with a bonafide star instead of playing with like Oleg Kvasha.

-Tim

...ok, the funny thing about Eric is, a lot (not all) of us were crying when Bertuzzi left, but hey, a lot (not all) of us said oh well because he could be one hit away from another injury. Well, this has been said about Eric for a long time, plus Bertuzzi did't really use his body and size too much to his advantge in the playoffs, so the burning question is:

..if Bertuzzi were to sign here for $3.5MM would you rather pay him that kind of money to be a shadow of his former self OR pay Lindros $1MM to be the shadow of his former self. I think Eric's shadow is better than Bertuzzi's shadow and at less than 1/3rd the price...

...basically the same player for $1MM or $3.5MM, you choose, plus Eric actually would WANT to play here...

...I am still in favor of Adam Hall, so lets ad Lindros and softy Yashin to the mix. Also, at least Eric wouldn't mind being the #3 center if they do decide to split the euro-twins up. Put Hall on a line with him and that'd be a huge combo to contend with...

...ok, I am on the bandwagon. Hall, Lindros, (yech) Yashin (only because with Dats he could return to form)

If Lindros took a dirt cheap contract, like 1 million a season, I'd be in great favor of the move. I mean, he is a vegetable, but when he actually is on his game, he can still dominate. Given that only comes around about 10 games a year though, it would have to be for a really cheap contract.

If Lindros took a dirt cheap contract, like 1 million a season, I'd be in great favor of the move. I mean, he is a vegetable, but when he actually is on his game, he can still dominate. Given that only comes around about 10 games a year though, it would have to be for a really cheap contract.

And he can still do this!

The most interesting article about #88 will be when he signs ANYWHERE BUT HERE :)

Well said - I couldn't agree any more with you. There is no point in signing a guy that will likely miss more games than he will play. Save the cap room for the trade deadline, and go out and trade for a forward that will actually make an impact. No thanks to Lindros.

Well said - I couldn't agree any more with you. There is no point in signing a guy that will likely miss more games than he will play. Save the cap room for the trade deadline, and go out and trade for a forward that will actually make an impact. No thanks to Lindros.

the whole reason Holland would go after Lindros is because he doesn't demand a lot of cap space, and if he does play he will be an impact... taking a risk on Hasek last year was more of a gamble considering he was our #1 goaltender, wouldn't you agree? I bet at the time you thought there was "no point" to that etiher

the whole reason Holland would go after Lindros is because he doesn't demand a lot of cap space, and if he does play he will be an impact... taking a risk on Hasek last year was more of a gamble considering he was our #1 goaltender, wouldn't you agree? I bet at the time you thought there was "no point" to that etiher

Actually to be perfectly honest, I never had a problem with Dom coming back. It was a low risk, high reward move. At least Dom still had/has the potential to reach that high reward level. Even if Lindros doesn't take up much cap space, there is no point in signing players just because there is cap room available. What does Lindros provide that will make this Red Wings team any better with him on it? A decent body check once in awhile that will result in him getting a concussion? Great, what an asset. I'm sorry but I don't see any good reason to sign Lindros.

Actually to be perfectly honest, I never had a problem with Dom coming back. It was a low risk, high reward move. At least Dom still had/has the potential to reach that high reward level. Even if Lindros doesn't take up much cap space, there is no point in signing players just because there is cap room available. What does Lindros provide that will make this Red Wings team any better with him on it? A decent body check once in awhile that will result in him getting a concussion? Great, what an asset. I'm sorry but I don't see any good reason to sign Lindros.

His size and physical play could help us. He can still get 30 points and who knows , he could stay healthy for most of the year and get 60-70. Its possible , If he takes a dirt contract (1 mil or lower) with incentives , I say why not.

It is low risk high reward.

...but Bertuzzi wasn't a risk?

Yeah, because he just makes a hit and gets a concussion. Thats how it works. First its Yashin is lazier than Lang, then its Lindros makes a hit and gets a concussion. Why dont you inform yourself a little about players before you post bulls*** about them?? Lindros wasnt out for a concussion last year, he was out for a groin injury. Thats a matter of training, not a matter of past history.

He was on pace for nearly 70 points with New York, nearly 60 points with an even crappier team in Toronto, and 45 points in Dallas where the leading scorer ended the season with a whopping 51 points and basically no offense could be mustered on the part of anyone sans a mostly injured Mike Modano.

Its VERY possible that Eric Lindros could be had for 800k per. And if he signs with the Wings, he signs with a team with one of the most experienced training staffs whove been dealing with an aging, fragile cast for many years now. Eric Lindros is one of those guys that simply loves to play the game. Why do you think he hasnt retired yet? He knows hes risking serious injury every time he comes to play, but he does so anyways, and with an attitude that could rival that of Dan Cleary.