• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lebda4Pres

I just read an interesting article about #88

Rate this topic

Yeah, because he just makes a hit and gets a concussion. Thats how it works. First its Yashin is lazier than Lang, then its Lindros makes a hit and gets a concussion. Why dont you inform yourself a little about players before you post bulls*** about them?? Lindros wasnt out for a concussion last year, he was out for a groin injury. Thats a matter of training, not a matter of past history.

He was on pace for nearly 70 points with New York, nearly 60 points with an even crappier team in Toronto, and 45 points in Dallas where the leading scorer ended the season with a whopping 51 points and basically no offense could be mustered on the part of anyone sans a mostly injured Mike Modano.

Its VERY possible that Eric Lindros could be had for 800k per. And if he signs with the Wings, he signs with a team with one of the most experienced training staffs whove been dealing with an aging, fragile cast for many years now. Eric Lindros is one of those guys that simply loves to play the game. Why do you think he hasnt retired yet? He knows hes risking serious injury every time he comes to play, but he does so anyways, and with an attitude that could rival that of Dan Cleary.

Oh yeah, as if saying Lindros and concussion in the same sentence is complete BS. You are right about that I suppose. I don't care how many points he was on pace for. The fact is he never gets there because of the injuries. Lets say a miracle occurs and Lindros somehow stays healthy, then yes maybe it would be a "worthwhile" signing. I have a better shot with Jessica Alba than Lindros does of staying healthy. Again, you can insult me if you wish, but I still think the Red Wings will be just fine without Lindros, and should just leave the roster as is.

This my thought on Big E, as many people say it would be a dumb move. I think it would be a good move for his career. Ask yourself how many players who were castoffs came to Detroit and revamped there career??? I can name a few of them. Like many say he is a low risk, high reward. He is big he can play physical when needed and with the right players he could be a huge assest. When you look at players like Lindros, and Yashin you have to remember what teams they were playing for. Some times players need a change of scenery. This may be a good thing or a bad thing. Only time will tell.

GO WINGS

I have a better shot with Jessica Alba than Lindros does of staying healthy.

:lol::lol::lol:

...dude, in all reality, Eric would win on that one. He has the better shot of staying healthy AND hooking up with Jessica Alba...

...anyhow, sure the Wings would be ok withour Eric, but, just like Bertuzzi, if he can give us a little more of a physical presence while racking up 50-70 points, then I would say the Wings would be that much better. Besides, we are in dire need of a third line center, and just imagine him out there with Franzen... Could be nice, then again we always have Hudler... :rotflmao: :puke:

Yeah, because he just makes a hit and gets a concussion. Thats how it works. First its Yashin is lazier than Lang, then its Lindros makes a hit and gets a concussion. Why dont you inform yourself a little about players before you post bulls*** about them?? Lindros wasnt out for a concussion last year, he was out for a groin injury. Thats a matter of training, not a matter of past history.

He was on pace for nearly 70 points with New York, nearly 60 points with an even crappier team in Toronto, and 45 points in Dallas where the leading scorer ended the season with a whopping 51 points and basically no offense could be mustered on the part of anyone sans a mostly injured Mike Modano.

Its VERY possible that Eric Lindros could be had for 800k per. And if he signs with the Wings, he signs with a team with one of the most experienced training staffs whove been dealing with an aging, fragile cast for many years now. Eric Lindros is one of those guys that simply loves to play the game. Why do you think he hasnt retired yet? He knows hes risking serious injury every time he comes to play, but he does so anyways, and with an attitude that could rival that of Dan Cleary.

Excellent post.

I am very much in favor of signing Eric Lindros for a cheap contract. Like I said: When he's healthy, he can still be a dominating force out on the ice.

I have a better shot with Jessica Alba than Lindros does of staying healthy. .

Jessica Alba hooked up with and dated (don't know if they're still together) a production assistant, so don't underestimate yourself.

EDIT:sorry, a personal assitant to a director....basically, lower than a production assistant.

Edited by al48

Jessica Alba hooked up with and dated (don't know if they're still together) a production assistant, so don't underestimate yourself.

EDIT:sorry, a personal assitant to a director....basically, lower than a production assistant.

Well that's good to hear at least. I can hold out some hope that I still have a chance.

This is silly. Dom is also very injury prone, and this season (as well as last) all of our chances were essentially riding on his groin. Yet, we keep taking the risk. If dom goes down, then what? Start Osgood? I like Osgood and all, but he is not a #1 goalie. As far as I'm concerned, If dom goes down, so do our cup chances.

So, u guys r willing to risk the entire season on Dom, but are unwilling to risk blowing 800-1M of our cap space (of which we have more than enough) to sign a guy who used to be the best player in the league? Just making sure I understand.

Guest Canadian Wings

Lindros is the last person you'd want on your team. Trust me, and he's Canadian too - hurts to say it.

why does these board continue to look for players who have/had skill package, but are old, or either way past their prime, or lazy, or on the downfall of their career or simply have reputation of giving no sh* about the game.

and that knowing Holland will rather shop for ppl known for fewer skills but a good attitude

I mean... OK, Lindros has good frame and abilities. cool. but he's nowhere close to what he's once been or what he's touted to be. just as Yashin, Berard, O'Neil, McCarty, and a zillion other names that appear here every single NHL trade period.

yes, I know NHL is no "free pick", but why are Wings supposed to follow expensive has-beens if they have own pool of prospects to develop and give NHL minutes or might actually try shopping some young, decent players who might not have skills, but actually care about the game and put some effort into it? I mean: if you want to have it cheap go with safer players for fewer bucks (I mean Cleary's, Sammuelsons, etc.). and if you want quality minutes shop for the best available (read: Rafalski).

Edited by akustyk

This is silly. Dom is also very injury prone, and this season (as well as last) all of our chances were essentially riding on his groin. Yet, we keep taking the risk. If dom goes down, then what? Start Osgood? I like Osgood and all, but he is not a #1 goalie. As far as I'm concerned, If dom goes down, so do our cup chances.

So, u guys r willing to risk the entire season on Dom, but are unwilling to risk blowing 800-1M of our cap space (of which we have more than enough) to sign a guy who used to be the best player in the league? Just making sure I understand.

...a lot of the same people were mad when Dom re-signed last season and when Bertuzzi was traded for. NOW, a good amount of those mad people are in support of Dom (considering how good he did) and were mad when Bertuzzi left. We need a #3 center, we need size, we need a little bit more scoring (especially when we get to the playoffs,) Eric could be that guy. I look at it as the same risk with Bertuzzi, at a much cheaper price tag...

...a lot of the same people were mad when Dom re-signed last season and when Bertuzzi was traded for. NOW, a good amount of those mad people are in support of Dom (considering how good he did) and were mad when Bertuzzi left. We need a #3 center, we need size, we need a little bit more scoring (especially when we get to the playoffs,) Eric could be that guy. I look at it as the same risk with Bertuzzi, at a much cheaper price tag...

Bertuzzi didn't cost us whole lot (except for those conditional draft picks) and was taken as an immediate help for playoffs.

signing a guy for whole season is a bit different story. of cheap Lindros could be the third line center but I don't see him coming that cheap with current price tags

yes, I know NHL is no "free pick", but why are Wings supposed to follow expensive has-beens if they have own pool of prospects to develop

Because the Wings want to win NOW. They don't have time to rely solely on the young players. Frankly, I think what they've done the past few years is brilliant. They don't jump on bandwagons to get whoever is hot for the moment. Obviously great hockey players are great for a reason, who cares if their career is in decline? Something about the Detroit environment rejuvinates older players. Putting veterans with young players is perfect. The veterans get a boost in energy and productions, and the young players learn how to be better all around players. I think because of this our young players will end up being better than most other young players in the league because other teams rely too much on their young talent.

For really cheap, I'd be for Lindros. He might get hurt, but then we'd be no worse off than we are now. And he's never really had a chance to play on such a talented team. And don't forget, "washed up has-beens" play with a chip on their shoulder, which is what got us so far in the playoffs this year.

A few guys i've heard the words washed-up applied to.... Hasek and Cheli.

We had both of them last season for under 2 mil. Their combined value in terms of their play is at least 3 or 4 times that. Holland called Hasek a 5 million goalie. This is how taking a risk on a "washed-up" vet can really really pay off. No one here advocates paying a ton of cash for Lindros. It is all about whether he is willing to take a dirt salary for a chance to win a cup. If he gets hurt we dont lose out. It's not like he'll get more than a 1 yr contract, so he wont hurt any of our future signings either.

Wow, I've made jokes about some on here wanting to pick this guy up, but I never seriously thought some would actually consider it. I swear some of you must just like to see new players come in. That's the only way a move like this could be justified. This whole "grit" and "size" bologna has reached all new lows, it's apperently getting desprate for some. Funny how the rejuvinitve waters of Detroit only apply to certain players. :rolleyes: In his prime Lindros would just hover around gliding between blue lines instead of back checking (and you thought Lang was lazy?!?) now it's more of a lumber, but without the hits, fights, or goals. I can't believe some actually consider this a good idea. The comparison between him and Cheli and Dom is weak at best. Cheli and Dom have shown really no decline in there overall games in 5 years, Big E looks like he's base jumping without a parachute.

Just for fun:

Hudler - 763 minutes in playing time - 25pts

Lindros - 718 minutes in playing time - 26pts

I get where your going, but come on toby, did you ever think there'd be a time you'd be comparing "The BIG E" to Hudler as far as effectiveness? My guess for E, Phoenix.

*edit*--- spelled phoenix wrong, had to read jayup's post to realize it.

Edited by bringback91

I get where your going, but come on toby, did you ever think there'd be a time you'd be comparing "The BIG E" to Hudler as far as effectiveness? My guess for E, Phoneix.

Phoenix does love its has beens :crazy:

I get where your going, but come on toby, did you ever think there'd be a time you'd be comparing "The BIG E" to Hudler as far as effectiveness? My guess for E, Phoenix.

*edit*--- spelled phoenix wrong, had to read jayup's post to realize it.

Like I said....just for fun.