• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Diamonds

All nay-sayers post here

Rate this topic

Hey gang this is the Mick here :hehe: kiddin'

Is there anyone left on the market worthy of playing for the Red Wings? I've seen many threads members have posted suggesting players Kenny should consider signing, or threads containing rumors of players Kenny is interested in. All to be knocked down by Red Wings nay-sayers. These same nay-sayers also complain that Kenny hasn't signed anyone else this offseason. So I ask all of you who is good enough? Who should Kenny sign? They're either too lazy or big but not physical or physical but too small, past their prime, scared to fly....blah blah blah.

So who is good enough to play for the Wings next year?

Edited by Johnny Diamonds

Honestly, there are players good enough to sign here, but I don't care for any of them. I'm perfectly content with Holland standing pat if need be, and not signing someone just to do it. I have faith in the guys on the roster now, and if a move needs to be made, we will have cap space at the trade deadline to make an addition at forward.

The Red Wings were in all likelyhood 47 seconds away from the Finals, and you could make the argument the team is better now with the addition of Rafalski. If I had to sign any of the free agent forwards left, I would pick Gelinas. However, there is no reason to panic because this is a darn good team as it is right now.

Edited by GoWings1905

Bring Shanny back!!!

And take 1000 steps back in the progress? Ugh, no. We did well enough without that lazy puss on this team. He doesn't even want to play here anyways.

You all know my feelings, so I don't think I need to explain myself.

Guest Crymson

And take 1000 steps back in the progress?

Agreed. We took steps forward this year because Shanny was NOT on the team.

Also, the Rangers have $12m to spend on he, Lundqvist and Avery, so he'll be in NYR for sure.

And take 1000 steps back in the progress? Ugh, no. We did well enough without that lazy puss on this team. He doesn't even want to play here anyways.

You all know my feelings, so I don't think I need to explain myself.

So you are content with the current lineup?

Agreed. We took steps forward this year because Shanny was NOT on the team.

Also, the Rangers have $12m to spend on he, Lundqvist and Avery, so he'll be in NYR for sure.

Actually, they only have $9M and change to spend on the 3 you mentioned plus Prucha

Well who would you want that would be realistically obtainable? You say O' Neill would be a stretch so I'm curious to find out who would satisfy your top 6 forward request.

There is basically nobody left in the top 6 market that I would touch with a 10-foot pole. Unless it was for an extremely cheap contract.

O'Neill would normally be a perfect fit, being a right-handed shot, and a good scorer. But the fact that his past 2 seasons have been awful, he's still recovering from the death of his brother, and is afraid of flying, that makes it a risk.

I wouldn't mind Eric Lindros to be honest, but I do disgress again: It would have to be for a very cheap contract. If then it happens, I'll be happy. Lindros is still a good player when he's healthy.

Yashin sucks. You all know my feelings on him, so I need not say more.

Jason Allison is brutal. Just plain brutal. He is hands-down the slowest player in the league. He's also even more out of shape then he was before, considering he hasn't played in a year. He survives solely on the PP, and looks extremely lost on even strength due to his slow foot speed. Allison is a dinosaur at this point in his career, and for his own sake, should hang up the skates.

There are no other big names left other then that. I mean, most other big name players left are either high risk players, or not that good at all. There is nobody on the current market that will satisfy the need for a top 6 forward. That includes Shanahan also.

There is basically nobody left in the top 6 market that I would touch with a 10-foot pole. Unless it was for an extremely cheap contract.

O'Neill would normally be a perfect fit, being a right-handed shot, and a good scorer. But the fact that his past 2 seasons have been awful, he's still recovering from the death of his brother, and is afraid of flying, that makes it a risk.

I wouldn't mind Eric Lindros to be honest, but I do disgress again: It would have to be for a very cheap contract. If then it happens, I'll be happy. Lindros is still a good player when he's healthy.

Jason Allison is brutal. Just plain brutal. He is hands-down the slowest player in the league. He's also even more out of shape then he was before, considering he hasn't played in a year. He survives solely on the PP, and looks extremely lost on even strength due to his slow foot speed. Allison is a dinosaur at this point in his career, and for his own sake, should hang up the skates.

There are no other big names left other then that. I mean, most other big name players left are either high risk players, or not that good at all. There is nobody on the current market that will satisfy the need for a top 6 forward. That includes Shanahan also.

Yeah, Lindros would be OK if we could have him for cheap like you said. The same goes for Forsberg, but the risk could be greater and he might be asking for more money. I'm kind of waiting to see what comes out of arbitration right now with some big names.

He still had 19 and 20 goals on an awful Maple Leafs Team. If you want to add some solid scoring and a Power Play upgrade, O'Neill should be a good choice.

Of course the Fear Of Flying issue needs to be discussed. He has to be aware of the Wing's schedule before he signs the contract.

Eric Lindros???? You've got to be kidding. One more concussion and his brains will be more scrambled than a Denny's breakfast. You want to take that chance??? Not me.

there's an old saying, "You gotta dance with those what brought you." I'm in favor of playing who we have.

Lindros or Forsberg for cheap would be welcome additions. When healthy there 2 of the best centers in the world , and the wings have great team doctors and good physical regims. If we can keep Hasek healthy , we can keep those 2 healthy.

Guest Canadian Wings

Lindros or Forsberg for cheap would be welcome additions. When healthy there 2 of the best centers in the world , and the wings have great team doctors and good physical regims. If we can keep Hasek healthy , we can keep those 2 healthy.

Lindross?? Give me whatever your smoking!

Eric Lindros???? You've got to be kidding. One more concussion and his brains will be more scrambled than a Denny's breakfast. You want to take that chance??? Not me.

there's an old saying, "You gotta dance with those what brought you." I'm in favor of playing who we have.

I'll play devil's advocate here, we could easily say the same thing about Hasek and his "groin" last year and Yzerman (despite his mental tenacity) and his continuing body injuries.

The body eventually wins out over anybody, I don't care who you are, but Hasek/Yzerman were pretty good health risks, and look how well everything worked out with Hasek last season and Yzerman's final season 2 years ago.

I'm not gung-ho if the Wings sign Lindros, but I don't think it would be that bad of a signing if it's around $1M/yr w/ incentives, for example.