• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

luvmnger

could holland be watching the arbitrations?

Rate this topic

such as...

marcel hossa

mike ribero

antti miettinen

michael ryder

vernon fiddler

sean avery......ahem....

colby armstrong

lee stempniak

chris kelly

anyone have an opinion as to who will be walked away from at the hearings/who would holland pounce on?

doing my research....stempniak put up 52pts. 27goals25assists

wow...on the blues no less........i am impressed!

played every stinking game too.........

ribero would also garner some attention/money.....

could be a future cornerstone for someone.....18 goals 41 assists 59pts. 81 games!

Lee Stempniak would be realistic, wouldn't it? ... I can dream :P
Yes you can! That would be a great pickup, just a dream though.

Avery coming back would make my year. He's exactly the type of player the Wings need right now, plus he can score as well! The man has made a name for himself ever since he was traded. He's fast, got soft hands, great on the PK, plays on the PP, and of course is very physial and will stick up for his teammates to no end. Here's hoping!

Colby Armstrong would fit perfect on the Red Wings with his red hair.

But in all seriousness, I'd love to see him here. I always thought he was a pretty good player, even with his upsetting season. He's also funny, great guy in the locker room.

after considering the list.....i think the only one i would avoid would be marcel hossa....he doesnt seem to use his time wisely....

i would go after stempniak,ribero, ryder,kelly and fiddler in that order.

then pick away at the scraps and invite them all to camp.

Guest Canadian Wings

Ryder

Avery

Armstrong

In that order

canadiens would sign ryder in a second. avery might not get signed his the rangers are too close to the cap.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell that either Ryder or Avery are let go by their respective teams. Let's get that out there right now. Same goes for Lee Stempniak.

A more realistic option is Colby Armstrong. Since Pittsburgh already let Oullet go for a veteran player, there is a good chance Armstrong could be gone too, especially coming off a tough season.

Armstrong would be a great fit for the Wings. He's a gritty winger with plenty of scoring potential. I like the sound of that.

The others that are left don't impress me. Marcel Hossa is actually a pretty gritty player, much more so then his brother, although the talent between the two is nearly cut in half. He really isn't that great of a player. I'd rather go after Armstrong instead, as far as arbitrations go (if Armstrong even makes it to that point).

Guest Canadian Wings

There is not a snowballs chance in hell that either Ryder or Avery are let go by their respective teams. Let's get that out there right now. Same goes for Lee Stempniak.

A more realistic option is Colby Armstrong. Since Pittsburgh already let Oullet go for a veteran player, there is a good chance Armstrong could be gone too, especially coming off a tough season.

Armstrong would be a great fit for the Wings. He's a gritty winger with plenty of scoring potential. I like the sound of that.

The others that are left don't impress me. Marcel Hossa is actually a pretty gritty player, much more so then his brother, although the talent between the two is nearly cut in half. He really isn't that great of a player. I'd rather go after Armstrong instead, as far as arbitrations go (if Armstrong even makes it to that point).

you know why? cuz their canadians ;)

armstrong is also a good choice, he's a gritty f***** that likes to knock ppl's heads off. he'll prolly be back in pittsburgh tho.

you know why? cuz their canadians ;)

That logic sounds like it's coming from Grapes himself.

That is merely coincidental. If Ryder and Avery were both from Kazakhstan but put up the exact same numbers, and played the exact same style, they would still be re-signed, regardless.

I highly doubt Bob Gainey and Glen Sather are up in their respective office's going "We need to bring these guys back because their Canadian!". Unless Grapes or Brian Burke are the GM's, most people don't think that way.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest Canadian Wings

seriously tho, he better not be waiting for the arbitrations to end considering thats not until late august lolol well some of them...i doubt he is, because he knows most teams will sign them.

he's going to sign someone in the next coupal weeks i feel, just waiting for the prices to come down and players to get desperate.

That logic sounds like it's coming from Grapes himself.

That is merely coincidental. If Ryder and Avery were both from Kazakhstan but put up the exact same numbers, and played the exact same style, they would still be re-signed, regardless.

I highly doubt Bob Gainey and Glen Sather are up in their respective office's going "We need to bring these guys back because their Canadian!". Unless Grapes or Brian Burke are the GM's, most people don't think that way.

let's not kid ourselves, kazakhstan doesn't produce those kinda of hockey players...

i know i'm f***in around, but this team is too european...need more north americans.

i know i'm f***in around, but this team is too european...need more north americans.

You're not the first to say that. I've said it many times myself: The Wings only have 3 North American forwards on the team right now. 3! That's really an un-balanced scale leaning towards Europe. Everyone (except Lou and Detroit #1 fan) all think I'm crazy when I say that, but it's true. This team definitly needs more North American players on it.

The only reason I disagreed with your logic is because most GM's don't think that way. They'd be resigned regardless of what country their from.

Guest Canadian Wings

You're not the first to say that. I've said it many times myself: The Wings only have 3 North American forwards on the team right now. 3! That's really an un-balanced scale leaning towards Europe. Everyone (except Lou and Detroit #1 fan) all think I'm crazy when I say that, but it's true. This team definitly needs more North American players on it.

The only reason I disagreed with your logic is because most GM's don't think that way. They'd be resigned regardless of what country their from.

well if holland signs anymore europeans he might as well be from europe :lol:

no way avery is leaving the rangers. they love him there.

only way he leaves is if Lundquist gets a massive pay out

Edited by Cicada

Ryder AND Cleary on the Wings?? 2 Newfoundlanders? WOW that'd be awesome.

No chance it happens though...Ryder and Gainey don't get along but they can't just give away 30 goals...they'll get him back

Ribeiro has been underperforming for 3 years know. Plus hes a diving pansy who loves the theatrics to get penalites called his way. No thanks.

Ryder, Stempniak, and Avery would all be good for at least 50 points, with Avery on the Cusp. Armstrong would be good too.

I won't go there :blush:

:lol:

I question as to the amount the Habs will go if the arbitrators give Ryder a big payday?

Hes really been the center of trade talks for a few years now, surprisingly so. If he lands a big paycheck (4M?) and the rumors about Shanahan looking to go to Montreal, then I could see Montreal signing him and putting him up on the block a la Chicago with Calder.

In that case, the Wings should take a chance on him.

such as...

marcel hossa

mike ribero

antti miettinen

michael ryder

vernon fiddler

sean avery......ahem....

colby armstrong

lee stempniak

chris kelly

anyone have an opinion as to who will be walked away from at the hearings/who would holland pounce on?

We won't sign any of these guys. Holland is not going to anyone of significance at this point. He wants to sit on his $5 million in cap space so we can trade for $20 million in players at the deadline. Blech....