• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TimeBinder

Wings sign Drake for 1-year, $550K

Rate this topic

For $550,000 its a solid deal. It helps address an issue, without overpaying for it. This leaves plenty of cap room for a second liner and a deadline acquisition.

Is that amount confirmed?

If so, I definitely like this signing. The Wings got nastier to play against, and for cheap. Hopefully Drake can keep his elbows down this season and stay healthy.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Is that amount confirmed?

If so, I definitely like this signing. The Wings got nastier to play against, and for cheap. Hopefully Drake can keep his elbows down this season and stay healthy.

Signs for cheap

hopefully stays healthy and suspension free

I think if all that truly happens, we're going to be praising Kenny for this at the end of the year.

Guest Lebda4Pres

Drake did have his second best year of his career in detroit

I love the signing but wonder what is still yet to come?

I love what tsn.ca says about him, HA!

Assets:

Loves to hit people in open ice. Has solid two-way ability and can score at crucial points in the game.

Flaws:

Is prone to suspensions because of occasionally dirty tactics. Is often hurt, primarily because of his kamikaze style of play. Doesn't own natural offensive skills.

Career potential:

Third line agitator.

Guest Lebda4Pres

If he takes his old number we will have 3 #28s on the team. LOL

If he takes his old number we will have 3 #28s on the team. LOL

Yeah BB91 said 15 or 20... I am going with 23 as it looks closest to 28... maybe even 82

Let's see:

Rafalski > Schneider

Drake > Calder

Now all they need to do is sign someone to replace Lang's numbers and they will be fine.

Lang was number 3 in the league for Give aways.

And probably last in take aways.

Without him every one else's scoring will go up. It wont be hard to beat those numbers.

Is often hurt, primarily because of his kamikaze style of play.

They wrote a similar thing about Matlby there, so no real need to bother :wink:

For $550k, I like that deal.

Without him every one else's scoring will go up. It wont be hard to beat those numbers.

Honetly, I am still waiting for someone to Replace Shanny's numbers. Fill that spot and you will kill two birds with one stone.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest Lebda4Pres

The Red Wings have made a move to add depth, signing veteran defensive forward Dallas Drake to a one-year, one-waydeal worth $550,000 on Monday. DALLAS DRAKE IS OFFICIALLY THE CHEAPEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah for sure I agree about the giveaways, and the scoring-by-committee.

But I still think a proven, experienced, guy is needed on the 2nd line.

The good news is though, that this player doesn't have to be overly gritty (Drake helps increase team toughness), but this player needs to be good offensively.

The Red Wings have made a move to add depth, signing veteran defensive forward Dallas Drake to a one-year, one-waydeal worth $550,000 on Monday. DALLAS DRAKE IS OFFICIALLY THE CHEAPEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah no kidding, thankfully for him that is not all he is making this season... He got a nice pay day all in all. What was it, an over $200,000 pay raise for get waived?

Edited by OsGOD

This signing was so predictable its sad. I have no problem with adding Drake, but I hate the fact that we are likely done adding anyone and will just sit on $5 million in cap room for some miracle trade at the deadline. Its just like Greg Johnson last year. Come on Kenny take a freakin chance for once and sign someone who can actually score.

:blush: Never realised Bowman had a disliking towards the guy.

That quote was comedy gold back in the day. Granted, it's from circa 1994 or so, after the Essensa trade, so I'm sure in the last 13 years that Drake's picked up a few things since then. :lol:

---

Term and price tag look good to me. The only forward making less than Drake now is Kopecky.

Let's see:

Rafalski > Schneider

Drake > Calder

Now all they need to do is sign someone to replace Lang's numbers and they will be fine.

we got flipper and mule who can keep that pace. flipper did great last season as a rookie and will only continue to get better. I would be fine seeing this team lace em up opening day. we dumped off the garbage, going to get a few youngsters some quality ice time, and signed a top 4 d-man and a gritty role player for the 3rd or 4th line... thats exactly what we needed. We don't even know what grigs will do in the NHL, he could put up some good #s.

Fills a need on the team and he comes at a bargain price. He's old, but he's just made this a tougher team to play against. With the loss of forwards the Wings have suffered, this was an important move to keep them from slipping from where they were in April and May.