• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TimeBinder

Wings sign Drake for 1-year, $550K

Rate this topic

Why fight if your playing for St Louis? Unless your names Barret Jackman or DJ King

Why fight if you're playing for Detroit? But it doesn't matter as he won't last longer than a month or so before it's discovered he's completely useless on our roster as was Norton.

Hmm, feared hitter or cheapshot artist? Cmon now.

Either way , its a welcome addition to the wings.

Why fight if you're playing for Detroit? But it doesn't matter has he won't last longer than a month or so before it's discovered he's completely useless on our roster as was Norton.

Because Detroit is actually a place where fights matter and we dont get alot of them. You arent actually comparing Norton to Drake are you?

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Then them playing together will be great!

Not really, since Dallas was barely a 4th liner on St. Louis last season. I know it's hard to grasp for some people, but not all players age as gracefully as Nick and Chelios. Hell take Maltby. He hasn't been half the player he was prior to the lockout. I wouldn't be against signing the Drake from 5-10 years ago, but the Drake now is terrible.

Why fight if your playing for St Louis? Unless your names Barret Jackman or DJ King

Or Jamal Mayers. Or Dan Hinote. Or Jay McKee. Or Bryce Salvador. Or Matt Walker. Or Ryan Johnson. Or any other player in their minor league system who fights.

The Blues have plenty of fight capable players on their team. Just because Drake only had one fight on a team full of fighting players don't mean he's incapable of doing it himself.

DALLAS DRAKE IS OFFICIALLY THE CHEAPEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In more ways than one. I hate this guy and will never ever like him no matter how hard he can still hit. Wings fans wanted to crucify Pronger for his hit on Homer in the playoffs. Drake has done this more than a couple of times.

Because Detroit is actually a place where fights matter and we dont get alot of them. You arent actually comparing Norton to Drake are you?

When was the last time a fight mattered in Detroit? Spring of '97?

Yes I am. Drake will not be on the active roster (barring a rash of injuries) come New Year's.

Or Jamal Mayers. Or Dan Hinote. Or Jay McKee. Or Bryce Salvador. Or Matt Walker. Or Ryan Johnson. Or any other player in their minor league system who fights.

The Blues have plenty of fight capable players on their team. Just because Drake only had one fight on a team full of fighting players don't mean he's incapable of doing it himself.

Exactly. And I cant beleive I forgot about Mayers! one of my favorite fighters.

Yes I am. Drake will not be on the active roster (barring a rash of injuries) come New Year's.

Oh, I didn't know you could already see the future. Or have Mike Babcocks plans for next season in you posession.

That's a bold statement to make at this point.

About fighting , I'd agree. I seriously doubt he wont be on the roster come New Years , hes better then any forward we have in the minors right now.

Drake will not be on the active roster (barring a rash of injuries) come New Year's.

Well that gives me almost 4-5 months to really enjoy this team... and then a few more when we get Sergei at the trade deadline... So I am set this season :thumbup:

Guest Canadian Wings

drake > kopecky. wouldn't even think twice. ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

Lordy, we got rid of one lazy a$$, I pray Federov never comes back. He was never the same when he got that fat contract in Detroit. I think his wallet slowed him down.

Guest Canadian Wings

Well that gives me almost 4-5 months to really enjoy this team... and then a few more when we get Sergei at the trade deadline... So I am set this season :thumbup:

imagine if columbus bought out fedorov, that would be quite interesting right about now lol

Lordy, we got rid of one lazy a$$, I pray Federov never comes back. He was never the same when he got that fat contract in Detroit. I think his wallet slowed him down.

he was never the same? i guess he didnt help detroit to the cup in 98' and 02' then...my mistake.

Not really, since Dallas was barely a 4th liner on St. Louis last season. I know it's hard to grasp for some people, but not all players age as gracefully as Nick and Chelios. Hell take Maltby. He hasn't been half the player he was prior to the lockout. I wouldn't be against signing the Drake from 5-10 years ago, but the Drake now is terrible.

Yes, but ON THE DAMN RED WINGS him and Asham should light it up and contribute nightly.

It's one thing when people are posting because they're so damn excited Holland actually made a move. But when they don't know what they're talking about ... again: the player Holland sign is Dallas Drake! D-A-L-L-A-S D-R-A-K-E.

I'm thinking if we just change the colors on this board from red & white to blue & white, all of this might start to make sense to me. Am I lost? Is this a Leafs board where every s***ty player on any other team is suddenly great when they sign there?

Oh, I didn't know you could already see the future. Or have Mike Babcocks plans for next season in you posession.

Why half-ass a prediction? Did you know Hudler will score 30+ goals this season and that Z will net 50G/100P this season? I do.

Drake is old and broken down. He's not the skater or hitter he once was. He will slowly but surely play himself out of the lineup. He's just not good enough anymore.

Guest Canadian Wings

Clearly.

I would like to point out that the upcoming season is '07-'08 not '97-'98.

i notice that, what has kopecky done so far in his career? not much. last playoffs when inserted in the line up? not much. heck, one more solid player and your buddy huds might be a healthy scratch again! teehee

NN is a pretty astute poster. And really, do you actually know who the Dallas Drake is? :lol:

Yes, but ON THE DAMN RED WINGS him and Asham should light it up and contribute nightly.

It's one thing when people are posting because they're so damn excited Holland actually made a move. But when they don't know what they're talking about ... again: the player Holland sign is Dallas Drake! D-A-L-L-A-S D-R-A-K-E.

I'm thinking if we just change the colors on this board from red & white to blue & white, all of this might start to make sense to me. Am I lost? Is this a Leafs board where every s***ty player on any other team is suddenly great when they sign there?

We dont know what were talking about when we say Drake brings grit and is a good 4th liner. But you do when you say were like leafs fans? :blink:

i notice that, what has kopecky done so far in his career? not much. last playoffs when inserted in the line up? not much. heck, one more solid player and your buddy huds might be a healthy scratch again! teehee

And that's a good thing? You've got to be kidding me.