• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TimeBinder

Wings sign Drake for 1-year, $550K

Rate this topic

OHHHHHHHHHHH!

IPB Image

loved the guy the first time he took the ice with us... Good ol' NMU boy!

heck yeah, bring back #28

Edited by OsGOD

Anything to keep #88 as far away from the Wings as possible. Seriously though, I haven't been able to stand this guy after seeing some of the borderline hits he lays on. He plays nasty, hits, cheapshots.....sure why not? He's got heart and plays tough. He'd come very cheap for 1 year and he can skate. Makes you keep you head up and notice when he's on the ice that's for sure. Sounds better than some of the names I've heard floating around here.

where did you see that?

It's an Eklund speical... :D ... but apperently it's already done. Heres what he says...

"I am hearing a ton of rumblings this morning that I am chasing down... We will start with this news.. Dallas Drake is returning to where it all began and has signed a deal with the Detroit Red Wings..." - Hockeybuzz

I wouldn't go as far as to call the guy pretty much useless. Actually I think he'd be a perfect fit with the grind line.

OHHHHHHHHHHH!

IPB Image

loved the guy the first time he took the ice with us... Good ol' NMU boy!

heck yeah, bring back #28

I remember what I believe to be his first goal. Didn't he like slam into the goalie and take him into the net along with the puck? hahah, maybe it wasn't his first one, but his rookie season.

cicada- Actually Johnson was supposed to get a roster spot. Drake will be playing, this may also be a pre-cursor to a trade. :ph34r:

Well some you may say this is a bad signing but I think its a smart move by Kenny. Here is why, you get a little ball of hate, hes a nasty player he hits and fights. Just what some of you want plus he is gonna come cheap. So if Holland wants another forward or Defencemen he can sign someone else. He has played here before knows the personal. Drake and Cleary on a line sounds nice especailly come playoff time. Good Job Kenny go get 1 more forward and a defencemen.

GO WINGS

I remember what I believe to be his first goal. Didn't he like slam into the goalie and take him into the net along with the puck? hahah, maybe it wasn't his first one, but his rookie season.

cicada- Actually Johnson was supposed to get a roster spot. Drake will be playing, this may also be a pre-cursor to a trade. :ph34r:

That was so long ago I barely remember... however he does smash a lot of things... and by god even at 38 right now he plays full of energy...

so if this is true... awesome news... Kenny would get a point for the offseason moves from me!

Edited by OsGOD

Hope we didn't spend much on him.

He should be signed right near around the league minimum, this move doesn't make much sense at all, but it's not really going to change anything either way.

i know johnson was meant to be on the roster. but i think drake will be 4th line / press box..

i can't see this being trade related either tbh

Don't shoot me for this but.....

I wouldn't mind seeing him on a line with Dats, just so that there is some sort of toughness on the ice with him. Not that Drake will thrown down in defense of him, but he is a wiley veteran who knows how to get pay back without getting ejected from the game for a stick to the face, like a guy some people on here want(ed).

Not my favorite signing ever but a smart one, very very similar to the Johnson signing lets just hope he doesn't fall to the same fate as Greg.

Anyone know how he is doing, or heard if the cancer is in remission? Just Curious.

If Drake was signed to replace Calder it's an upgrade. If Drake was signed to replace Lang or Bertuzzi it's a downgrade.

Edited by Icer